The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I've recently started freelancing at a post facility that has a SE 4400a mic for VOs and I've been discussing the quality of this...

idris
replies: 24 views: 1,936
brandoncross 1st December 2015

Maybe I am mistaken, but it seems to me that these days viewers either have a 5.1 system or a LR stereo system. Who listens to...

ggegan
replies: 7 views: 1,184
brandoncross 1st December 2015

Lt Rt

Hello everyone! I am interested in a simple definition of Lt Rt matrix, since I am a little confused with the term. Also, how is...

kure
replies: 40 views: 34,955
GrizzlyAK 30th November 2015

Hi, First of all thank you for the informative posts found in this forum. I’ve tried to search some answers about mixing in...

surround
replies: 17 views: 10,704
GrizzlyAK 29th November 2015

So far, I have downloaded movie scenes to practice adding SFX and mixing them, but this means I have to ignore the...

DFunkdafiedMusic
replies: 2 views: 814
JSt0rm 28th November 2015

Looks pretty cool. In competition with neyrink, and think maybe they'll end up using his wi-fi link tech for it. Nice to have...

mikevarela
replies: 18 views: 2,440
Henchman 28th November 2015

I'm working on a scene which was filmed in a running, moving vehicle. ADR isn't an option, and I don't need to hear "they...

appropriatenoise
replies: 6 views: 981
Henchman 28th November 2015

I think I have seen stuff like this before but I am not totally sure what they are referring to here. I just got an...

brandoncross
replies: 14 views: 1,252
ggegan 28th November 2015

Hello! I am looking for a metering plugin where I can measure a bit more accurate than what I can do with vanilla Pro Tools 11 (I...

pettah93
replies: 6 views: 2,490
lemix 27th November 2015

I know un-dipped stems have been covered plenty on GS but I still confused about the undipped M&E. Recently my qc got kicked...

ChristMarioT
replies: 12 views: 1,743
kkfaudio 26th November 2015

Hi all, for a museum project we are looking for a hardware convertor solution that can decode a multichannel (5.1) mix coming...

thierryd
replies: 6 views: 1,835
thierryd 26th November 2015

When I mute a track, the audio stop playing, but I continue to hear the audio through my chorus and reverb inputs. Is there any...

zachram99
replies: 2 views: 543
Fred Pearson 25th November 2015

I use logic Pro x as a recording, composition, mixing DAW and want to use outboard at mix time....I Have an Apogee Symphony 8x8...

sourcefor
replies: 1 views: 607
NReichman 25th November 2015

I am setting up a studio that will be used for recording and mixing normal music releases as well as music for film/TV and game....

incubus
replies: 30 views: 5,725
apple-q 25th November 2015

So I've created a new 5.1 template and a stereo template. I'm mixing completely ITB. I need to bounce back and forth between...

ChristMarioT
replies: 10 views: 1,956
ChristMarioT 25th November 2015

I'm basically reformatting stereo mixes into mono mixes for the SAP channel and occasionally run into this problem. When folding...

Porky
replies: 0 views: 630
Porky 24th November 2015

I have edited the audio tracks from mp4 and wmv files in Cubase 6 and now I'm trying to merge them back into the source...

Nonlinear
replies: 10 views: 10,239
nshtain 24th November 2015

Hi, Can anyone offer suggestions for editing date/time stamps on .wav files. Preferably a batch process without affecting the...

shackmusic
replies: 2 views: 1,251
iluvcapra 23rd November 2015

The pic is from this tour of walt disney studios and this is the ADR room. What is the center section (between the icon/d-command...

audiothings
replies: 13 views: 4,263
Deleted 7f9cade 21st November 2015

hi i have never done this before so i am not sure if this can happen and how. is it possible to run old recorded vocals through a...

susus123
replies: 4 views: 871
Deleted 7f9cade 21st November 2015

Not with clients today, so I decided to go crazy and try 12.3. After a couple of hours, I noticed that one of my favorite...

NReichman
replies: 10 views: 1,492
smurfyou 21st November 2015

Hi , I've come across something in a spec that I haven't seen before. Hopefully someone can answer it for me. Track 3: DVI...

Garret
replies: 4 views: 1,044
Garret 20th November 2015

I want to improve the SFX sound during mixing but I can't find much information about this on net. So I extracted two samples...

kei_siuip
replies: 13 views: 1,793
Leverson 20th November 2015

Maybe others already know this, but it was new to me. Well, my editors figured it out years ago and never told me, the...

minister
replies: 0 views: 796
minister 20th November 2015

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, but the jobs section seemed way to serious. Here's the story: I have an...

istheshit
replies: 6 views: 2,082
istheshit 20th November 2015

This is a new thing to me; could be something with the system I'm using but wanted to ask. Is there a way to set through RX...

Jfriah
replies: 2 views: 1,651
MattHines 20th November 2015

Could someone point me to the BBC guidlines for loudness level guidlines for voiceover/narration/audio books for CDs etc ? I had...

Deleted 10089a2
replies: 1 views: 833
UKRob 20th November 2015

Hi folks, First, hi and thanks for all the contributions over the years on this forum. Been a wallflower here since at least a...

kenaucre
replies: 17 views: 2,484
thermisonic 20th November 2015

At "The Dub Stage" we Mixed the 1st Episode of "Ash vs. Evil Dead" that premiers on Starz tonight at 9pm. It...

dr.sound
replies: 25 views: 2,337
santacore 20th November 2015

Hi everyone, I searched and couldn't fund anything, but maybe wasn't using the right terms. I have a full length film score to...

angryzen
replies: 3 views: 833
minister 20th November 2015

Was going to make the leap to Re-install PT11 but can't find the download (Apple site doesn't seem to like me...

eoats
replies: 9 views: 981
tamasdragon 19th November 2015

Hi Guys, I have newb question for you. What would your thought process be to fake Christmas Carolers singing outside with...

toltek
replies: 3 views: 903
toltek 19th November 2015

Hi Folks, any one able to point me to the following: Various south american ext rural and urban ambience Spanish walla -...

nzl62
replies: 0 views: 514
nzl62 19th November 2015

I am filled with dread whenever I open the Audio Files folder for a stem recorder and I see a file with a name ending with...

iluvcapra
replies: 49 views: 2,802
Willeyh 17th November 2015

After doing a few searches most of the results point to urban ambiences, whereas the project I am currently editing requires...

gato sapato
replies: 2 views: 642
gato sapato 17th November 2015

Hello, i have one question. Can someone explain to me the difference between minimizing hiss with EQ and Waves - WNS for example....

kca
replies: 1 views: 681
Alexey Lukin 17th November 2015

Any of you folks here work(ed) for an Audio Post house as an assistant Mix engineer? I studied Audio Engineering but I'm up for...

BatteryHawk
replies: 7 views: 990
BatteryHawk 17th November 2015

So I've gravitated into post work over the past year or so and I am absolutely loving it. It has cracked open my creative bubble...

Taproot
replies: 5 views: 1,233
Mendoza 16th November 2015

I posted this in the Electronic Musician forum as well, but thought I'd try my luck here. I think I may need to get a cat-5...

hawley
replies: 9 views: 1,097
hawley 15th November 2015

Hi I'm trying to find a way to route the audio from a DVD movie through logic in order to use its plugin facilities for...

Torbear
replies: 7 views: 970
Torbear 15th November 2015

Is there something better to make those types of effects?

newb
replies: 13 views: 1,853
nzl62 15th November 2015

Hi: what you guys use as the "VTR" these days for post?, I saw several places using the Avid Media Composer Satellite...

felipousis
replies: 3 views: 744
philper 15th November 2015

Hey guys, So I am working on this short, basically everything was shot in one room and a radio was added in post, the director...

showstopper168
replies: 3 views: 802
Joachim vB 15th November 2015

Hi all . Just moving in to the semi pro audio scene and have bought all the right gear to record and master a piece of music . My...

shane from Aus
replies: 3 views: 859
spoons 14th November 2015

I've received an AAF sequence and audio from the video editor using Sony Vegas (version 12 I think?). It was a stereo recording....

Hxd Ped
replies: 5 views: 1,549
Joachim vB 13th November 2015

Hi all, Seems to be something that has started since I went from OS 10.6.8 to 10.8.5, but what's happening is that if I boot up...

JoeMilner
replies: 6 views: 697
JoeMilner 13th November 2015

Hey guys, Do you guys have any recommendation for professional studios capable of VO-sessions over ISDN in LA and in...

kosmokrator
replies: 19 views: 1,589
ManuG 12th November 2015

If you've ever struggled with pricing your sound work (I know I have!), Kate Finan has written a guide to help with that: It's...

aand
replies: 1 views: 736
brandoncross 12th November 2015

So I've been using this app called Spotting Session, built by some friends of mine, on my last couple of projects and wanted to...

mintmix
replies: 71 views: 13,776
mikevarela 11th November 2015

Hi!! I need some advise on buying speakers for a small room. I would like to start making some small projects for tv,...

elsombrero
replies: 15 views: 2,058
nzl62 10th November 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search