The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey everyone, for post/sound design purposes, do you prefer Lowender or LoAir? This type of plugin has been recommended to me and...

NoctemAudio
replies: 15 views: 6,155
bru95bg 3rd August 2015

Anyone have a good source for a 3 person client desk? Thanks in advance!

brandoncross
replies: 16 views: 994
brandoncross 31st July 2015

This might sound like a beginner's questions to some: So I've finished the theatrical mix of a very nice movie, with lots of...

ManuG
replies: 3 views: 740
pisser 31st July 2015

Hey there I am working on some scary sounds, monster stuff. We recorded a few grunts and zombie sounds but i suppose extra care...

benetik
replies: 8 views: 2,723
Hxd Ped 31st July 2015

Hi Folks, Wonder if you can help. Just finished mixing a doc for a client. They say it is playing back out of sync after...

Bigmouth Audio
replies: 4 views: 673
Leverson 30th July 2015

I am thinking of using the Videomic Pro stationary boomed onto my subject. I am considering 3m or 5m length for a 3.5mm jack...

puppee
replies: 2 views: 1,252
puppee 30th July 2015

Interesting approach with a combined interface. Also, a matrix selector for order of operations. Lot's of videos on the...

mikevarela
replies: 7 views: 2,192
[email protected] 30th July 2015

This is sad: SONY PCM-3324 3324 DIGITAL 24 TRACK RECORDER - eBay (item 400078918442 end time Apr-06-11 14:45:22 PDT) They...

dr.sound
replies: 38 views: 8,219
sitbh 29th July 2015

The production company requests a separate mix for web. I already did the theatrical and a pretty conservative TV mix (23 LUFS,...

ManuG
replies: 3 views: 904
mikevarela 28th July 2015

In my editing suite at home, I've set up Quickeys for the Pro Tools automation window, but it's a bit fiddly, especially since...

ManuG
replies: 11 views: 1,097
ManuG 28th July 2015

I've used VocalAlign for years. Very cool app for ReTiming ADR. Has anyone seen the vids they've put up for ReVoice Pro? Now they...

nathand
replies: 3 views: 1,075
JB at SAL 28th July 2015

DISCLAIMER: My perspective comes from from experience in the traditional music industry, but I love sound for picture and have a...

Chris.Windings
replies: 2 views: 849
lemix 27th July 2015

Hi! Hope someone can help me with a problem: I am working on Sound Design for a movie that was edited with Premiere....

Sounda
replies: 1 views: 589
nathand 27th July 2015

Hello Guys, I'm considering to set up a small mixing room to mix a few indie features, short films and docs. The room size...

Gois
replies: 26 views: 2,970
rcutz 27th July 2015

Hello. When I tried to use a g3 wireless mic on a person in a room with a pretty loud air conditioner, the squelch circuit was...

ppen
replies: 7 views: 7,359
TheMuffinMan01 25th July 2015

I recently got a delivery specs for an A&E show and the specs are to mix between 23-25 lkfs (normal) and true peak max of...

mmoeding
replies: 21 views: 1,454
mattiasnyc 24th July 2015

An excellent read: Rain is sizzling bacon, cars are lions roaring: the art of sound in movies | Jordan Kisner | Film | The...

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 962
NReichman 24th July 2015

I work on a show called Teen Wolf in which we create a whole lot of supernatural character sounds, including some creature roars...

thebryanparker
replies: 6 views: 1,655
mcolling 23rd July 2015

I'm getting from the sets Schoeps surround microphone data (4 channels of ccm41), but I only do my element checks and pre-mixing...

PatrickFaith
replies: 0 views: 578
PatrickFaith 23rd July 2015

hey guys, trying to make some audio seem as though it is being rewinded on a VHS tape and then fast forwarded again and would...

4peanuts
replies: 12 views: 3,787
MattHines 22nd July 2015

I have some audio I recorded that has the sound of rain in it. We had to finish so we closed the garage doors and kept on...

berniebeaudry
replies: 20 views: 3,174
MattHines 21st July 2015

I have a magic box at my studio. I installed it, hit a button and less than a minute later my main monitors image like nothing...

piratepost
replies: 10 views: 1,195
cananball 21st July 2015

SurCode or SurroundTools? Discuss.... The latter has more knobs and buttons, but with this kind of process that's probably a...

iluvcapra
replies: 1 views: 748
Farhoof 21st July 2015
replies: 0 views: 526
the flaming newb 21st July 2015

Hi all, im sure there is some rule in the forums that forbids me from asking or i am asking in the "incorrect" place...

cooldude6221
replies: 9 views: 1,130
Whitecat 20th July 2015

Hello, I just finished working on set as boom operator and sound recordist. Am now wanting to sync the audio to the red epic...

Menduzye
replies: 6 views: 817
mikevarela 19th July 2015

Hi Gents, Just updated all my Nugen plugins to current versions. All fine, except ISL! It went up to : v 1.2.1.6 Only the...

lemix
replies: 5 views: 933
lemix 17th July 2015

I just wanted to double check this with the more experienced post mixers out there. I'm currently working on a web series, each...

Benmrx
replies: 44 views: 4,296
kosmokrator 16th July 2015

Hi folks, after intensive research here comes our new article with over 60 microphones for Voice Over for 2015. We hope to...

Mixwerk
replies: 5 views: 7,591
mkII 13th July 2015

Hi, I could use some advice here. I never cared much about the "Loudness Range" spec in EBU R128. Also I admit I don´t...

KarmaPolice
replies: 6 views: 1,164
KarmaPolice 13th July 2015

Hey Guys. -Maverick's, 10.3 PT dumps my plugin at opening and I cannot use it. It opens fine in Logic 9 and 10. I tried...

Marogru
replies: 0 views: 497
Marogru 13th July 2015

Hello people. I need a tech guy here. I am dealing with video latency for a very long time and i finally decided to do an...

AlanWave
replies: 22 views: 2,066
guitarflow 13th July 2015

Hey DNS 2000 users. I just picked one up, and it did not come with a manual, so I was wondering if I could rely on your good...

soundboy
replies: 11 views: 914
brandoncross 12th July 2015

N7's up and running on my first system here. I like a lot of what I see, even if, sadly, mxf video file playback and export to...

tom chapman
replies: 40 views: 4,178
mattiasnyc 11th July 2015

This isnt a normal pitch shifter.. its... a more complex pitch shifter:) It works great for making instant monster sounds! With...

the19thbear
replies: 4 views: 1,165
mkII 10th July 2015

Had to share! Mixed a doc in 5.1 only, because "a TV version is not needed and we're not going to pay for it..."...

pethenis
replies: 2 views: 1,024
MattHines 10th July 2015

Going a little nuts here. I'm on HD. Let's take a single DX track. The raw DX edit is done, sounds good. Now I'd like to...

mikevarela
replies: 24 views: 1,684
Joachim vB 10th July 2015

Good morning: Say Terminator Genisys in IMAX 3D yesterday. Is it me or is the sound out of sync in several scenes? Not by...

peter5992
replies: 11 views: 1,371
climber 9th July 2015

I know there are quite a few threads on monitoring level vis-a-vis the K-system, but I haven't quite found out the best way to...

brianwflood
replies: 17 views: 1,322
brianwflood 8th July 2015

Hi guys, posted this a week ago in the 'Jobs' subsection, but somehow it got lost? This opening is for a full-time position...

kosmokrator
replies: 3 views: 988
kosmokrator 7th July 2015

good day .... im trying to find out what sites would i use to upload scores and sound effects foley recordings and get cash...

lab64base
replies: 0 views: 488
lab64base 7th July 2015

Hi all, for a project we're working on, we need angry ostrich sfx. Ostriches are not the kind of animals that you can ask to...

thierryd
replies: 8 views: 1,485
thierryd 7th July 2015

Hi, I wonder how many physical outputs of Protools needed for RMU of Dolby Atmos? Is it depended on the mix? Also, is it wrong to...

kei_siuip
replies: 24 views: 11,437
Stitch333 6th July 2015

One thing I'm sometimes annoyed by is that there is nothing like 'write to next marker' or so. F.e. this would come in handy...

kosmokrator
replies: 2 views: 686
apple-q 6th July 2015

The question is: is it worth investing into the surround version of Altiverb or not? Thanks.

tamasdragon
replies: 13 views: 2,816
dmitri 3rd July 2015

Hello, I have been brought on to record audio for a comedy event and am having to integrate with a video team. My HD recorder...

ouchmypockets
replies: 4 views: 789
ouchmypockets 3rd July 2015

Hello fellow slutz! This thread is 50-50 about production and post-production sound. I have been offered a chance to do...

tv_engineer_lnd
replies: 15 views: 2,852
Leverson 2nd July 2015

I have a couple of questions about premix-mix workflow in feature length film. - A client of mine wants a film mixed in 5.1...

tv_engineer_lnd
replies: 8 views: 1,026
smurfyou 2nd July 2015
replies: 7 views: 807
pethenis 1st July 2015

So I'm looking at picking up a Macbook Pro so I can work on the go. I'm looking at this 15". Refurbished 15.4-inch MacBook...

Dan Smith
replies: 8 views: 967
smurfyou 1st July 2015

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search