The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Anyone here involved in dialogue editing? I do a ton of dialogue editing for my job. I've been using ProTools for years and...

jorbi
replies: 35 views: 7,303
minister 6th March 2007
replies: - views: -
C.Lambrechts 5th March 2007

Hi guys, Can anyone help me with some surround routing questions in Nuendo 3? I am setting up a template to mix music,...

Martin Hughes
replies: 7 views: 2,687
Martin Hughes 4th March 2007

georgia... PLEASE tell me you are cutting and pasting these posts! i am imagining you frantically tap tap tapping on your...

minister
replies: 5 views: 1,667
soundboy 4th March 2007

Hi guys, Before I post my 3rd or 4th question on here, I'd like to introduce myself! I am not a "pro" post...

Martin Hughes
replies: 9 views: 1,922
georgia 3rd March 2007

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but as my question pertains to Surround I would assume that post is the best place for...

Martin Hughes
replies: 5 views: 1,687
charles maynes 3rd March 2007

What would be the easiest way to record a chorus, but with "closeups" as the picture homes in on certain...

Martin Hughes
replies: 4 views: 1,384
charles maynes 3rd March 2007

Here is a great link. It is of the Movie short "Finding His Voice" on how they put sound on film in the beginning...

dr.sound
replies: 3 views: 1,418
soundboy 3rd March 2007

I'd appreciate any good processes to produce a simulated blowhorn efx to voice. The fella's outside hollering up to a woman on...

postman56
replies: 1 views: 1,199
soundguydave 3rd March 2007

I was thinking that we posties are nothing without a picture to edit or mix or roaring sounds to. So in a pure gear slut manner...

Steven1145
replies: 3 views: 1,607
DSD_Mastering 2nd March 2007
replies: - views: -
Geert van den Berg 1st March 2007

Anyone have any tips for getting a realistic "crappy fast food drive through speaker" effect.

dfarness
replies: 11 views: 2,361
Fajita 28th February 2007

Congratulations Charles on your win last night at the Motion Picture Sound Edtors Awards (MPSE) and tonights Oscar Sound Editing...

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 1,640
charles maynes 27th February 2007

Im in Need of a High end pre to do some ADR for a Feature Film but i need to know what pre i can use??? i need a pre with hardly...

Repro
replies: 19 views: 6,692
Steven1145 27th February 2007

Hello all..please pardon if I'm posting in the wrong forum.... Looking at buying an audio post production studio here in the...

alucard
replies: 9 views: 3,832

i am having a really hard time finding a format that i can import into nuendo for video AND audio. it seems i can get one and not...

joninc
replies: 4 views: 2,042

First off, have to say I love this forum already. I'm curious how those of you who make a living in post got to that...

krylenko
replies: 39 views: 3,739
Darat 27th February 2007

It seems that almost all flat screens, with the exceptions of ones like Apple/Dell's 30" displays, have a max resolution of...

Tibbon
replies: 9 views: 3,364
Roland 27th February 2007

hey guys...i'm fighting myself here... orientation videos- i'm doing the soundtrack to one right now... and i'm fighting...

xmostynx
replies: 3 views: 1,231
xmostynx 25th February 2007

some of you may of seen this before, but it cracked me up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1Io_OYTJEw

soundguydave
replies: 1 views: 1,347
smsjr 25th February 2007

Geert, I hope posting this is OK- if not please let me know... charles maynes Hi All- I am posting this in a few places so...

charles maynes
replies: 3 views: 1,547
charles maynes 23rd February 2007

I don't work in television but can someone tell me why Shampoo and allergy commercials always have the worst voice-overs ever? ...

JamieMB
replies: 17 views: 3,295
mix-er 22nd February 2007

I've seen this on a lot "making of"-DVDs, especially for animation features: there are 2 mics in front of the VO...

andychamp
replies: 8 views: 4,499
georgia 21st February 2007

How many of you use a software sampler with some sort of midi controller for sound design?

JamieMB
replies: 12 views: 4,408
nuendoness 21st February 2007

maybe you read again what was written, you seem to be a little confused. short summary: his friend uses reason. methlab too....

kladdekagan
replies: 0 views: 1,670
kladdekagan 20th February 2007

Curious what you guys recommend for pitch bend/correction with ENVELOPES as RTAS...

JamieMB
replies: 10 views: 2,737
smsjr 20th February 2007

How do you mix all the scenes together to create a smooth mix when working on a long film? Do you guys start with basic ...

shilshoolon
replies: 4 views: 1,698
shilshoolon 18th February 2007

Hey, we have a G5 here that we think a capture card may of failed. But is there an easy way to test the PCI slots to make sure...

soundguydave
replies: 4 views: 9,748
hociman 18th February 2007

I have a panoramic video to score to, and wanted to ask if anyone has some good suggestions for sound design on sped up/rolling...

postman56
replies: 5 views: 1,461
Berolzheimer 17th February 2007

I'm going to be delving into producing some abstract/ambient/noise soundtracks for a few friends doing indie films. I've been in...

jetpackstudios
replies: 13 views: 1,546
soundguydave 16th February 2007

Hi , I come from a musical background where I put several plug ins/processors on the outputs to master the sound. would you use...

Dumb-Ask
replies: 6 views: 2,277
brucie 16th February 2007

Lately, I can't stop thinking about opening my own small post production shop. Something simple at first...a nice mixing room, a...

Jazzpunk
replies: 48 views: 3,442
Jazzpunk 16th February 2007

I am looking for an internship this summer and I'm thinking I will probably end up in L.A. I have sent my resume to about 45...

ClaySchmitt
replies: 2 views: 1,640
ClaySchmitt 15th February 2007

hi guys, i just got a job in post after years of music work. im having trouble getting my head around PAL and NTSC...

[email protected]
replies: 10 views: 1,761
minister 15th February 2007

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing some recordings that are supposed to be used as voice-prompts for a telephony-system...

to-pse
replies: 14 views: 3,239
JimmySX 14th February 2007

from Charles Maynes over on the "Which DAW" thread: >>As a slight deviation for the thread- I should say that...

philper
replies: 15 views: 2,402
Henchman 14th February 2007

Hey All - I'm wondering what tactics you have used to get VO work? For example - I have (as mentioned in the Guest Moderator...

Produce_dept
replies: 29 views: 5,836
RobMacki 13th February 2007

Just curious, what degree of slope do you use on an LPF to best portray distance? Such as doing SFX for a distant object...

jtg
replies: 4 views: 1,556
Geert van den Berg 12th February 2007

howdy I need to setup a small post prodution facility for mixing down 24 tracks out of a Mackie MDR 24/96 and was wondering if...

slidefader
replies: 10 views: 4,807
Doser 12th February 2007

Greetings More and more consumer gear is supporting Dts Es and Dolby digital Ex, which are both 6.1 formats... however, most...

audiothings
replies: 4 views: 1,571
charles maynes 12th February 2007

Just wondering if ISDN is still the prefered method for long distance VO session work. Are there alternatives that are comparable...

kid
replies: 16 views: 7,704
ofsaints 9th February 2007

With ADR and over dub on film and particularly anime, wouldn't it be easier and give the VoiceActors more natural feeling if they...

jowillie
replies: 10 views: 1,772
Yoda117 9th February 2007

I'm a voiceover guy, and was wondering what kind of software favorites are being used by those of you who produce commercials,...

gonesurfing
replies: 11 views: 2,082
Mydog_Nixon 7th February 2007

I have a question regarding sound effects and ambience libraries. I have quite a large collection of sound I have collected...

kladdekagan
replies: 6 views: 1,676
kladdekagan 5th February 2007

Hello I see that lots of Post houses are using nearfield surround monitoring systems like the blue sky 5.1 system for their...

audiothings
replies: 3 views: 1,381
Pascal Sijen 4th February 2007

Hey guys, I've done a couple of Documentary's, nothing huge, but a little post clean up and basic music mixing. It was stereo...

cajonezzz
replies: 7 views: 2,932
jayfrigo 3rd February 2007

nice! kfhkh I'll stay tuned

jgrif08
replies: 2 views: 2,795
gsilbers 3rd February 2007

As one of the people who wanted this forum very much, i have a number of questions... i'll start with these (pertaining to mix...

audiothings
replies: 12 views: 2,290
charles maynes 3rd February 2007

Hi Folks, how is it going? I've been doing post for indie projects for a year or so, and when I do ADR it gets a little...

BruceTheProduce
replies: 4 views: 1,293
BruceTheProduce 3rd February 2007

Rather than hijack the sticky, I'll start another thread.kfhkh I have an ATTO UL3D SCSI card. As the D in the model name...

hociman
replies: 2 views: 2,064
hociman 3rd February 2007

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search