The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Greetings More and more consumer gear is supporting Dts Es and Dolby digital Ex, which are both 6.1 formats... however, most...

audiothings
replies: 4 views: 1,469
charles maynes 12th February 2007

Just wondering if ISDN is still the prefered method for long distance VO session work. Are there alternatives that are comparable...

kid
replies: 16 views: 7,499
ofsaints 9th February 2007

With ADR and over dub on film and particularly anime, wouldn't it be easier and give the VoiceActors more natural feeling if they...

jowillie
replies: 10 views: 1,668
Yoda117 9th February 2007

i'm trying to find the history of audio post production either online, or in a book, and i can't find this info anywhere... can...

Dannibal
replies: 9 views: 8,670
BruceTheProduce 8th February 2007

I'm a voiceover guy, and was wondering what kind of software favorites are being used by those of you who produce commercials,...

gonesurfing
replies: 11 views: 1,948
Mydog_Nixon 7th February 2007

links to some of the right places: here's a...

georgia
replies: 2 views: 5,402
brucie 6th February 2007

I have a question regarding sound effects and ambience libraries. I have quite a large collection of sound I have collected...

kladdekagan
replies: 6 views: 1,573
kladdekagan 5th February 2007

Hello I see that lots of Post houses are using nearfield surround monitoring systems like the blue sky 5.1 system for their...

audiothings
replies: 3 views: 1,286
Pascal Sijen 4th February 2007

Hey guys, I've done a couple of Documentary's, nothing huge, but a little post clean up and basic music mixing. It was stereo...

cajonezzz
replies: 7 views: 2,838
jayfrigo 3rd February 2007

nice! kfhkh I'll stay tuned

jgrif08
replies: 2 views: 2,660
gsilbers 3rd February 2007

As one of the people who wanted this forum very much, i have a number of questions... i'll start with these (pertaining to mix...

audiothings
replies: 12 views: 2,172
charles maynes 3rd February 2007

Hi Folks, how is it going? I've been doing post for indie projects for a year or so, and when I do ADR it gets a little...

BruceTheProduce
replies: 4 views: 1,191
BruceTheProduce 3rd February 2007

Rather than hijack the sticky, I'll start another thread.kfhkh I have an ATTO UL3D SCSI card. As the D in the model name...

hociman
replies: 2 views: 1,958
hociman 3rd February 2007

Welcome to the premiere of the Gearslutz post-production forum! It has taken a while because we had be sure the demand was big...

Geert van den Berg
replies: 22 views: 1,660
cajonezzz 3rd February 2007
replies: 9 views: 1,512
starcrash13 2nd February 2007

Hello All, I have a degree in film and have engineered tons of music over the past eight years. I owned a studio for five...

longcipher
replies: 8 views: 1,559
hociman 2nd February 2007

I need to get some one on one training on the Digidesign Icon console. Looking for someone in L.A. doing post production mixes on...

Jazzpunk
replies: 3 views: 1,456
Jazzpunk 2nd February 2007
replies: 13 views: 1,711
RobMacki 2nd February 2007

How do you guys keep dust under control in your facilities? Are your rooms cleaned every day? Do you have some kind of air...

smsjr
replies: 6 views: 1,519
joshelevator 1st February 2007

I'd really appreciate someone suppling me with a couple :30 sec TV spots they produced that really sound great on TV. I'm always...

postman56
replies: 5 views: 1,325
ndogg 1st February 2007

Hi Chaps, I apologise for jumping away a little from gear considerations but I thought one of you guys might be able to...

LaChunkyStudio
replies: 1 views: 12,246
georgia 1st February 2007

I currently have my speakers on stands that are not height adjustable. I'd like to get them up about 8 inches and angle them down...

smsjr
replies: 1 views: 1,199
smsjr 31st January 2007

There is an offshore income tax exemption that is good for about $70k of off-shore income per year- check with your tax prep...

charles maynes
replies: 0 views: 1,477
charles maynes 31st January 2007

Picking up on the Why is there no post-production film/TV forum? thread, i recently picked up a cheap (but legit) copy of GTA...

bogeyeater
replies: 6 views: 4,192
over-man 30th January 2007

Are thies good cameras?

big country
replies: 9 views: 2,383
pkautzsch 30th January 2007

I'm just curious as to how many of you do sound design and/or audio/visual work in conjunction with your music intrerests and...

Sock sniffer
replies: 14 views: 2,207
jowillie 30th January 2007

Hey everyone, I'm just trying to plan my new composing/production studio...going to get a Mac Pro. Thing is, the Apple...

Glamdring
replies: 2 views: 1,558
georgia 30th January 2007

Hey Jules ever thought of having a Post Production forum? I know as a musician/engineer I'm a little baffled about the gear,...

Inner Light
replies: 146 views: 17,911
starcrash13 29th January 2007

im wondering if anybody here works within the jingle industry. how did you get involved? do you do blind pitches to companies?...

Shane Michael Rose
replies: 12 views: 6,064
gravityminor 1st January 2007

It has been predicted that that "the film industry is going through a huge polarisation process caused by the rush to shoot...

Jules
replies: 10 views: 4,153
TEMAS 21st December 2006

I know this is a basic question, but I was wondering (specifically) what people mean when they say that they work in...

Lazer Toms
replies: 5 views: 1,518
Lazer Toms 4th December 2006

Via Pro Tools... Techniques, Resources, Literature, Projects Lets hear it... (i'm looking to extend my love for audio...

GeorgeSkoufalos
replies: 2 views: 3,953
nlc201 14th November 2006

Can someone please have a look and can you ask what the MIDI ports on the SX-20 can be used for. and if any other company’s...

jkrummri
replies: 23 views: 6,916
beyarecords 10th November 2006

Does anyone know if I can link a second computer to Nuendo or Cubase 4 and have that computer handle just the video playback part...

nbguitar
replies: 7 views: 2,224
SiliconAudioLab 5th November 2006

You know, the KZ whatever ring ding ding. How are these typically made? Does anybody know? I'd love to recreate one, but...

soupking
replies: 8 views: 2,476
James Guitar 16th October 2006

I'm looking to purchase either the SSL X Loggic E series strip or the Focusrite ISA 430 MKII, for our station's V/O. Whis one do...

Lexicondonn
replies: 9 views: 2,791
Nut 25th September 2006

i was just listening to a compilation of radio jingles and station i.d.'s from the PAMS website (http://www.pams.com) and...

James Guitar
replies: 0 views: 4,244
James Guitar 23rd September 2006

Just wondering, think it would be cool (for music and/or film)....boing

NathanEldred
replies: 0 views: 2,060
NathanEldred 10th September 2006

Hello, I'm looking for a few ProTools engineers to do final mixes of TV trailers for a major Hollywood studio. The work tends...

evangelista
replies: 0 views: 5,197
evangelista 31st August 2006

Hey guys, I'm looking for a post house or studio in NYC that has a solid vocal booth, a Sennheiser 416 and a tube preamps and FTP...

voiceaddict
replies: 2 views: 2,324
guru007 30th August 2006

hi there i am concerned with loudness... and as i mix and master tv spots i realize when i see them on air that they are not as...

eman kayker
replies: 23 views: 3,824
TEMAS 13th July 2006

Getting into the industry with my girl who is with 103.1. Looking for the top nuetral voice over mic and pre. I could also use...

KBOY
replies: 13 views: 3,439
KBOY 6th July 2006

Can anyone recommend a good fairlight tech or at least someone who has a solid knowledge that can supply basic support services...

Dirty Halo
replies: 3 views: 1,654
jdunn 2nd July 2006

Anyone working in film/video industry work around animators? Esp. In Cali? My daughter is looking at universities for art and...

natpub
replies: 6 views: 1,463
Manfriday 13th June 2006

Is it not possible these days to produce film dialogue and FX tracks in which you can actually hear what people are saying (...

Chucho
replies: 49 views: 4,323
Jazzpunk 7th June 2006

Hi, I was wondering if any masterers here had any suggestions for eq cuts or compression for someone talking - poetry,...

BouncyJones
replies: 2 views: 2,237
bob katz 30th May 2006

hello guys, as some of you may know i'm starting my buisness in post, i've got the money, but i'm not sure what to purchase so i...

G-lay
replies: 7 views: 2,970
G-lay 27th April 2006

Hi all, I'm an Engineer thats worked mostly in commercial recording studios. I'm looking to move into post production sound...

matt f
replies: 2 views: 2,532
jahtao 27th April 2006

How much mastering goes into Post/Film work? I'm doing student films now, and I prefer not to master my own music stuff, but how...

Tibbon
replies: 8 views: 2,432
Jazzpunk 25th April 2006

I have recently fallen into doing a bit of Sound Design/Post work for a lot of student films, and I'm moving on to independant...

Tibbon
replies: 18 views: 2,072
goatie 24th April 2006

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search