The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 1,969
Views: 1,969
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am interested in hearing people's experiences with AVID Native HD PCI-e cards on Mac Pro cheese graters. I have HDX in my...

Mundox
replies: 17 views: 1,168
cubivore 4 weeks ago

Hi i'm foleying a short animated movie where you see a hummingbird flying around and i can't think of a way to reproduce the...

nicolasvr
replies: 7 views: 777
seanmccoy 4 weeks ago

I swear Ive heard this before. I thought this is Tom & Jerry but I wasn't able to find the exact sample. Any...

Sweepes
replies: 1 views: 516
Jay Rose 4 weeks ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and to Atmos and would appreciate any kind of help. I am based in Mumbai, India and we...

maverickwhistler
replies: 46 views: 4,775
clipgod 4 weeks ago

I''ve recorded radio drama as standard with a standard condenser U87 microphone. I didn't have access to those fancy dummy heads....

videogamingtown
replies: 7 views: 681
huub 4 weeks ago

To those awesome folks mixing dubbing/localized versions; how do you determine surround events (like pan movements)? Listen to...

SoundWeavers
replies: 4 views: 742
SoundWeavers 4 weeks ago

In case you didn't see this. Well worth reading: Pro Tools 2019 - Why Is There A Delay In Releasing New Product Features? Avid...

NReichman
replies: 16 views: 1,443
Airon 4 weeks ago

I hope some of you folks here can sort this out for me, The new boss (music composer back ground) just told me to change the...

jt916
replies: 47 views: 6,113
Jay Rose 4 weeks ago

Hello! A client has sent me an old movie to restore. One of the problems that I have encountered is that a lot of dialogue...

mfzb10
replies: 14 views: 932
mfzb10 4 weeks ago

We just got greenlit by the bank to build our new Dolby Atmos feature mixing studio! Exciting (and tiring) times ahead. I'll try...

Steven1145
replies: 7 views: 850
Branko 13th April 2019

Hey, After 10+ years in music production free lance business I'm finally ready to settle down :). I have some good friends in...

kubel
replies: 2 views: 666
Sventeck 13th April 2019

Hello there, would love to have an advice on affordable ADR software to work with Cubase. Thanx in advance! kfhkh

Sonic_X
replies: 16 views: 2,067
Sonic_X 13th April 2019

Hi everyone, this is my current situation: I've 2 Genelec 8330a + Genelec GLM set + old MOTU 896HD firewire. My goal is upgrade...

adrjork
replies: 13 views: 909
PatrickFaith 13th April 2019

Hello friends, today I witnessed something that I can't comprehend and I hope someone can enlighten...

Dingenshier
replies: 3 views: 540
brandoncross 12th April 2019
replies: 5 views: 782
Quantum7 12th April 2019

This bug I have only encountered when I drag audio I got from an AAF over on a track with Elastic Audio. Protools seems to do...

tha_lode
replies: 3 views: 629
tha_lode 11th April 2019

Hi everyone, I am looking for D-Command video tutorials, so I can learn it as soon as possible. If you guys know any...

Hovak
replies: 11 views: 4,407
kubel 11th April 2019

Vocaroo | Voice message I have listened to my entire Hollywood 4000 Series from Sound Ideas because I thought it was from...

Sweepes
replies: 12 views: 829
Jamie Mac 10th April 2019

Hello, I need to digitize an ADAT tape (that's the VHS looking thing) - it's an 8 track multi recorded under v4 software, for...

tj7
replies: 3 views: 451
Mundox 10th April 2019

Hey forum, this fall I will be working on a larger project for a client that I haven't worked for in a while. Their room is...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 11 views: 699
minister 10th April 2019

Just curious. I know it's a shotgun mic but I've read that people sometimes used the Sennheiser 416 shotgun in the studio and...

Jaturna
replies: 9 views: 959
minister 9th April 2019

Is there any advantage to the stand-alone atmos HT renderer box anymore? With the new renderer software (3.0.1+) It says you can...

Sventeck
replies: 14 views: 898
Steven1145 9th April 2019

Hello all, I am curious as to how you all prefer a raw sample to be. Initially do you prefer the sample for a spot effect to be...

adambenfold
replies: 4 views: 542
Jay Rose 8th April 2019

I'm trying to create the sound of an oversaturated analogue limiter. Apart from shaping the dynamics this type of...

maria
replies: 4 views: 593
Mundox 8th April 2019

Hey folks, hoping on a little crowd brain picking... a colleague of mine has approached me with material, an interview of two...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 3 views: 568
Andrew Mottl 7th April 2019

So, Avid today announced an HD 12.8 version updating it with the Dolby Atmos capabilities. Mixing in Dolby Atmos became pretty...

mgoorevich
replies: 130 views: 13,217
billjv 6th April 2019

Hey folks, I have been mixing Trailer Park Boys for about 20 years and finally got some help! Matt Dawson, MPSE, jumped in the...

Cottage Lunch
replies: 3 views: 482
Cottage Lunch 5th April 2019

We use to do a lot of voice over work for a production company in upper state NY. They have since gone out of business. Towards...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 521
Jay Rose 5th April 2019

Looking for studios in Houston Texas for ADR. Thanks!

Travelers
replies: 0 views: 367
Travelers 3rd April 2019

We've been using RX3 and have stuck with it because it hasn't seemed necessary to change, but now that 5 years have passed since...

elambo
replies: 13 views: 1,858
SaschaP 2nd April 2019

I'm curious to know how many of you use distortion or gain when you're creating sound effects. In the past I've used software,...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 2 views: 538
Ovee 2nd April 2019

I'm tired of talking about technical stuff. Let's hear some good jokes and crazy stories! Post them here.

ggegan
replies: 55 views: 5,540
ManuG 1st April 2019

I have finished a stereo mix for a feature length film. We've test screened it at theater and all is good. Now I am endeavoring...

allklier
replies: 7 views: 826
allklier 1st April 2019

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 115 views: 7,694
Thomas W. Bethe 1st April 2019

Question like in the title: how do you estimate time of audio post production? I mean how do you know how much time you need...

biardakmix
replies: 18 views: 1,993
jwh1192 1st April 2019

All, I just finished listening to the Tonebenders podcast ep 97, where they interviewed Gary Bourgeois about how he sets up...

quadraphonics
replies: 10 views: 820
Garret 28th March 2019

I’ve recently borrowed a tablet (Intuos 4) from a colleague to see if it’ll help reduce symptoms of RSI (pain/discomfort in...

inf0l
replies: 7 views: 889
allklier 27th March 2019

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on tracklaying helicopters for an action film. I love hearing how different editors...

maria
replies: 19 views: 1,767
Ienjoyaudio 26th March 2019

No surround, but it's cheap enough to be worthy of jumping into my template... VSS3 Native | TC Electronic

Steven1145
replies: 26 views: 3,743
Jeezo 25th March 2019

HI, Anybody know how to eject external hard drive without quitting Pro Tools ULTIMATE ? Regards wai :synth:

waikwanho
replies: 6 views: 1,068
TVPostSound 25th March 2019

Good day! I'm somewhat familiar with downmixing strategies and formulas (5.1 to stereo). I recently was at a rented studio...

Robocopchris
replies: 6 views: 748
TVPostSound 25th March 2019

How can I make a stereo file out of a 5.1 mix for my client to listen to without using a plugin? Is it okay to deliver a 5.1 mix...

asterix2k10
replies: 30 views: 5,231
Mundox 24th March 2019

Hello Post Crew At this point, in mid March 2019, is there any reason NOT to move up to High Sierra? I'm asking this in the...

postprosound
replies: 7 views: 695
smurfyou 24th March 2019

After +- 1 hour operation: https://youtu.be/PGfXiSF3fFQ Any ideas? Thanks! Steve

stevep314
replies: 0 views: 325
stevep314 21st March 2019

Are most people here printing their final mixes in real-time to a track? I have been 'bouncing to disk' in non-real time which,...

Wheelie
replies: 21 views: 1,884
Sventeck 20th March 2019

I’m wondering how most people organise VCA’s within VCA’s in relation to using VCA spill. I’m using an S3 and a dock. For...

Wheelie
replies: 4 views: 684
kosmokrator 19th March 2019

We do a lot of remote recording sessions where the client connects via Skype video conference. I've been using an old security...

Mundox
replies: 26 views: 1,179
Mundox 19th March 2019

HI Guys. I'm looking for an offline LUFS or LKFS plugin that will measure the file and spit out a report. I have very long...

Marogru
replies: 31 views: 15,792
snapmastering 18th March 2019

Primary business is tv editorial. Doing more and more sound code ‘discovery’ work at home (yes, I know). Recommend a...

galaydees
replies: 5 views: 1,023
galaydees 17th March 2019

Hello. I need some basic advice on what equipment I need, and a practical workflow, to be able to record myself playing the...

Galaxy M64
replies: 11 views: 709
David W. Jones 16th March 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search