The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

I am trying to get a session into protools 10 and am requesting an OMF file from a Nuendo user. Does anyone know if this works...

PapaQ
replies: 8 views: 1,644
Henchman 27th March 2013

Didn't know that DeClicking tools can be used on mouth noises..... In fact, I've only ever used the RX2 DeClick to repair...

danijel
replies: 41 views: 17,939
wishihadalife 26th March 2013

This is approximately the technique Soundminer, Snapper et al. use to spot regions into Pro Tools. I hereby record for...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 2,069
iluvcapra 26th March 2013

Hello, Is there a quick way to add a sync pop to the end of every single track in a Pro Tools session? I've been conforming an...

conleec
replies: 18 views: 3,481
t_young 26th March 2013

Has anybody used SoundStreak successfully for a VO session. It looks very appealing as an alternative when Source Connect or ISDN...

Gus B
replies: 7 views: 1,473
voiceaddict 26th March 2013

I am currently doing the sound effects work on an animation project and I've got a bit of a problem with mixing it. The score...

Uncle Bob
replies: 21 views: 2,038
Uncle Bob 26th March 2013

Has anyone got any experience of using the DFC PS/1 as a controller for Pro Tools? I've connected the console to Pro Tools via...

BenWood
replies: 6 views: 2,853
BenWood 25th March 2013

Hey guys, I've recently done some string quartet recordings using several mics, including on individual instruments and of course...

DemoColorScheme
replies: 12 views: 4,679
fatcatstrings 25th March 2013

Hi, I'm looking for a good new wind soundlibrary. Preferrably wind without traffic. Any tips? Thx

Studio Studio
replies: 6 views: 1,749
rocksure 24th March 2013

Here's something I wanted to share, that is simplifying my room calibration - I think it is a good idea for everyone to make...

danijel
replies: 11 views: 4,205
georgia 24th March 2013

I'm working on an indy film and there's a scene they had to ADR (excessive wind noise so the dialog is completely buried). It...

masterblaster
replies: 18 views: 3,368
masterblaster 24th March 2013

Hi everyone - this is most likely straight forward but after a couple of hours I'm still no further forward. I am using Apple...

Lzon
replies: 3 views: 1,411
Lzon 23rd March 2013

Hi there, Could you please have an ear and help me figure out what they've used on the girl's voice. And and not only the voice....

aragorus
replies: 13 views: 2,107
PoxyMusic 23rd March 2013

Any pointers? The only ones I can find are part of a library that I don't want to buy, I'd rather pay and download individual...

pethenis
replies: 8 views: 1,514
Eilam Hoffman 22nd March 2013

Hi, I am considering going native to sound design, Foley works, dialog editing and mixing surround stems from clients. the...

jt916
replies: 2 views: 1,487
Pedantic Sound 22nd March 2013

I'm editing a documentary-like video. It's got a simple voiceover and I'm adding some music to it (ambient). This seems like a...

HSLand
replies: 5 views: 1,740
PoxyMusic 22nd March 2013
replies: 23 views: 2,247
JohnOmix 22nd March 2013

Hey guys. I want to get my dialog sounding more cinematic. What can I do in post to help it sound like the movies? What are some...

OwensDrumming
replies: 30 views: 6,340
soundboy 22nd March 2013

Hey Slutz, When your doing the foleys for a picture... first thing you might do is compile a list of everything that needs to...

cocamycola89
replies: 12 views: 2,576
Smallbudgetguru 22nd March 2013

All, I think I know the answer to this question, but I thought I would ask anyway. I am wondering if there is a way to...

quadraphonics
replies: 0 views: 884
quadraphonics 21st March 2013

I am in position where I may be very close to landing some agency work as a freelancer working in a combination of my own place...

cananball
replies: 63 views: 4,185
Thomas W. Bethe 21st March 2013

Who was the idiot who decided to put Protools Licences on an Ilok... Right in the middle of numerous big jobs and the Ilok kicks...

BIGBANGBUZZ
replies: 28 views: 2,369
atomsound 21st March 2013

Hey all, I've done a rather comical parody audiobook version of "The Story of Grandmother", which is the original...

Schwarzwald
replies: 0 views: 1,058
Schwarzwald 21st March 2013

Hi I wanted to know which is a good microphone for ADR. Would you suggest Neuman U87/TLM 170 or a shotgun mic like Sennheiser...

sam64537
replies: 16 views: 3,811
sonicparticle 21st March 2013

Hey Guys So the first time I boot up the computer in the morning it takes a while to load the software (a minute or 2), like...

FullFrequency
replies: 2 views: 994
FullFrequency 20th March 2013

Hi, I just added a new video section to www.signo-sfx-instruments.com. This will help you understand how the...

signoaudiodesign
replies: 1 views: 1,316
signoaudiodesign 20th March 2013

Hi everyone, I want to do a good update to the 'mixing levels' sticky here, so I'd like to hear from the guys outside of the...

danijel
replies: 19 views: 2,751
Mix1010 20th March 2013

Hi guys, a client is supplied us their final mix 2ch stereo file of a 40 min program & they have asked us to duplicate the...

jamesnardi
replies: 5 views: 1,228
jamesnardi 20th March 2013

Hi Guys, I want to buy a Dolby e Encoder/ Decoder bundle. Was wondering if you could help me out with which one is better and...

sam64537
replies: 2 views: 2,561
quadraphonics 19th March 2013

What are the top ADR and restoration studios in LA? I am posting on behalf of a contact requesting options for a client...

kdm
replies: 3 views: 1,038
MusicTrax 19th March 2013

I've got some dialogue with bursts of radio mic hiss. It sounds like white noise when there is an increase in signal (eg mid...

idris
replies: 7 views: 1,706
Pedantic Sound 18th March 2013

Anyone willing to sign my Associate application and write a brief recommendation letter? Willing to take you to lunch kfhkh

cananball
replies: 1 views: 987
myke2242 17th March 2013

Ok, I just updated our mercury package, and got the waves loudness meter. I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I understand...

postprosound
replies: 6 views: 5,631
postprosound 17th March 2013

Have mixed some audio obtained via Tascam DR-40 and some by an old camera. The news host's voice is from the Tascam. The guest...

sildona
replies: 0 views: 1,309
sildona 16th March 2013

Can you tell me your favourite Plug-In for conversions from 23,97fps to 25fps, form 25fps to 24fps and so on. I hate everything...

MichalS
replies: 4 views: 1,220
MichalS 15th March 2013

This question/discussion starter is geared towards guys in small post houses or even dub stage guys that are completely ITB....

Murasamee
replies: 11 views: 1,741
mattiasnyc 15th March 2013

Hey guys. Looking to improve my mixing for dialogue and was wondering what you guys do. What I want to know is what you put where...

will_gates00000
replies: 6 views: 2,628
Airon 15th March 2013

I have found the best EQ for Post Sound Mixers Check these links out: DMG Audio DMG Audio Download the demo and spend...

dr.sound
replies: 84 views: 16,168
cjguitar 15th March 2013

Hey fellow Post Slutz, So I took a look at SoundWorks today and saw that one of their newer videos was one featuring...

MichaelKleyn
replies: 10 views: 1,682
Murasamee 15th March 2013

I deal with a hefty amount of production music on TV shows I mix. One question to the composers of such tracks: Why would you...

Mundox
replies: 23 views: 2,273
Mundox 15th March 2013

Hi, my friend recording some tutorial with his cam without using any lavalier mic (lot of noise and rumble). I dont know a lot...

mattsplace
replies: 0 views: 790
mattsplace 14th March 2013

Hi Guys any opinions on these two products? I currently use the PPMulator but New Zealand has just switched over to 1770 and...

nzl62
replies: 27 views: 4,201
ptfigg 14th March 2013

I am in need of some options for a client that wants a "demon-like" element to a ghost characters dialog. Obviously I...

sunnyd58
replies: 24 views: 2,119
PoxyMusic 13th March 2013

Hi, Any experience with NuGen Audio customer support? I've tried contacting them several times, but after the third email...

Winter
replies: 9 views: 1,588
cananball 13th March 2013

I'm speaking to a potential client who edited their film in Vegas 12. I understand AAF export work in this release. Has anyone...

cananball
replies: 4 views: 1,037
philper 13th March 2013

Hi Our video Satellite for some reason has stopped doing loop playback. When I loop a piece of audio the other three machines...

Garret
replies: 0 views: 995
Garret 12th March 2013

Hello everyone! There was a similar thread, but I couldn't find it. So the problem: For about two weeks while I'm starting...

russeff
replies: 12 views: 2,774
russeff 12th March 2013

Hi fellow post Slutz, I'm flying to LA for the week as I'm supervising ADR for a film that we are doing post on. Anyone up for a...

Steven1145
replies: 14 views: 1,786
thoogenakker 12th March 2013

I bought a second hand transport not knowing I couldn't download the software without having a serial number. Is there a work...

CoCo The Geek
replies: 4 views: 1,834
CoCo The Geek 12th March 2013

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. After upgrading my DNS to AAX, when it now maps to the D Command, the GR meters...

Cottage Lunch
replies: 1 views: 1,236
DAPG 11th March 2013

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search