The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 66,942
Ovalroaster 1 week ago

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 123 views: 371,903
jwh1192 13th September 2018

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 210,772
waikwanho 27th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 89,831
saemola 15th August 2016

So rather than hijack another thread here are the questions... I've been told that "the SFX stem should be filled, i.e...

mattiasnyc
replies: 33 views: 1,245
ManuG 12 minutes ago

Hello, I’m very glad to be a part of this forum. So , I have the request to record soundbites/ dialogue during a speedway...

Szymbura
replies: 4 views: 282
smurfyou 7 hours ago

Hey all, I know this has been touched on before, but I couldn't really find a definitive answer. Most deliverables include...

seanmccoy
replies: 25 views: 1,198
mattiasnyc 12 hours ago

Anyone use this yet? I am a little upset that there is an upgrade price from the cedar DNS One. The cedars guys all told me I...

brandoncross
replies: 34 views: 2,400
Szymbura 23 hours ago
replies: - views: -
yebwulebdullah 1 day ago

I do a small amount of videography for snowboarding and DH mountain biking, i use a GoPro with a gimbal and as you may be aware...

RobWheelerMusic
replies: 14 views: 1,112
kosmokrator 1 day ago

Hey all. I'm constantly adding smaller, specialized libraries to my sfx collection and will continue to do so. My only 'general'...

seanmccoy
replies: 0 views: 252
seanmccoy 1 day ago

They are on my "perhaps" list for our next room, but from what I understand they are only now available from...

Steven1145
replies: 0 views: 324
Steven1145 1 day ago

Curious about other people's experiences with the JBL Intonato 24. We have had issues with it dropping the remote and muting all...

Chuckadile
replies: 17 views: 856
Steven1145 1 day ago

Just throwing this out there. I feel like I spend a fair amount of time cleaning up edits or things, and I could spend that time...

Inglesworth
replies: 13 views: 697
ManuG 1 day ago
replies: 0 views: 350
Ross Rich 2 days ago

Anyone using the Genelec 8330 or 8320 in a 5.1 setup? Room is a small mix (about 3m x 4.5m) room for tv mixing and feature...

D'Animation
replies: 8 views: 515
PatrickFaith 2 days ago

I'm so used to network tv specs I haven't had to think about them for a while. I'm delivering for a local spot I haven't worked...

Tchaik15
replies: 1 views: 357
DominicBartolini 2 days ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 64 views: 4,611
seanmccoy 3 days ago

Just something I did for fun, sort of. I continue my tick of naming this stuff after poisons. Kick the tires and see if it...

iluvcapra
replies: 5 views: 880
iluvcapra 3 days ago

Just going to bounce this out there, is anyone aware of a turnkey solution for assistant services? Like I just need someone to do...

iluvcapra
replies: 3 views: 530
minister 3 days ago

Hi guys I'm doing a lot of recorded video interviews over Skype / Zoom. Unfortunately, and unavoidably, the audio signal...

rkm82
replies: 7 views: 511
Jay Rose 3 days ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 12 views: 5,392
NReichman 3 days ago

Hi Gearslutz. I joined forces with Thomas Rex Beverly and Andy Martin to raise money for conservation initiatives this holiday...

GeorgeVlad
replies: 0 views: 243
GeorgeVlad 4 days ago

Ive been using a DPA 4006 for the past, at least 11 years. Same one, never let me down. But I want to get another flavour,...

nickkbh
replies: 4 views: 493
Jay Rose 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,414 views: 245,938
trexbeverly 4 days ago
replies: 2 views: 381
Steven1145 4 days ago

Hi, I'm in the process of mixing my first student film. I really want to try and get it right the first time and deliver a...

fmickels
replies: 26 views: 3,016
mattiasnyc 4 days ago

Just paid AT&T just over $700 for this months' ISDN line charge (2 numbers). It's been going up $60 a month every 3 months...

[email protected]
replies: 14 views: 733
David W. Jones 5 days ago

Hello! We’re just trialling Nugen’s Halo Up Mix. I’m attracted by it’s ‘Exact Mode’. What settings are people...

jahtao
replies: 3 views: 489
jahtao 5 days ago

Question: I will be recording a podcast with 4 people, it will be about an hour long, and it will go live within 2 hours of...

KSMUSIC
replies: 2 views: 527
Bartosz Idzi 6 days ago

Hi everybody, interesting video about a discussion panel. Topic: Formats: The Technologies Behind Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D and DTS...

Fred vom Jupiter
replies: 51 views: 2,041
Steven1145 1 week ago

Hello! Every day I find out for myself something new in the field of audio post-production. And this community helps me a lot in...

Vsevolod777
replies: 14 views: 2,092
Steven1145 1 week ago

Hi I am having a professional sound designer do SFX for a 1:26 (min) animation. Just the FX; no dial, no VO, no music, stereo...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 16 views: 864
Ienjoyaudio 1 week ago

So I went and got Basehead over the holiday weekend. Overall, I really like the functionality, and if I can get a couple of kins...

Inglesworth
replies: 5 views: 739
Inglesworth 1 week ago

Greetings everyone, this is my first time on this site, and hope to connect with you all. My question is, how is this...

Kevin Gamble
replies: 2 views: 390
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

I'm getting some conflicting info from what I know re: speaker calibration. Has anything changed in the last decade? I'm...

Travelers
replies: 9 views: 580
Pantone 1 week ago

I've found DNx to be more reliable than ProRes for Pro Tools playback. Do others find the same, or is ProRes only an option going...

Pantone
replies: 7 views: 898
Pantone 1 week ago

Is anyone here experienced with overdub sessions from English to local languages? Trying to gauge how much recording time would...

Mundox
replies: 12 views: 628
brandoncross 1 week ago

Hi! I have a lot of .flac audio files in my library that I got from a friend. And for the compatibility reasons with Pro Tools...

Barajevic
replies: 5 views: 452
Barajevic 1 week ago

Hi there....we have set a small room to work with Dolby Atmos Production Suite, it was a 5.1 system with Genelec speakers running...

ojopodrido
replies: 1 views: 362
pentagon 1 week ago

Can anybody test this for me? There is a scene in a club the first episode. About midway in. The music is unusually low and...

tha_lode
replies: 0 views: 337
tha_lode 1 week ago

Currently planning an Atmos stage - possibly a stupid question here: Is there any benefit of adding a Dolby CP 850 to our setup...

ManuG
replies: 0 views: 340
ManuG 1 week ago

Hello there, I'm searching for a decent workflow for a tedious job here :) I have several little games, which have a decent...

Absinth
replies: 6 views: 702
stevenrussell 1 week ago

Over the Thanksgiving week I watched the new "Mars" series on the National Geographic Channel. It is really hard to...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 91 views: 3,286
Henchman 1 week ago

Hi, Did anybody of you prepare an audiofile for a trailer presented at the Game Awards? I got only: But is there any...

samplaire
replies: 2 views: 357
samplaire 1 week ago

Hi There, Looking to see what other business owners or individuals use for a contract. I currently just use the agreed upon...

Travelers
replies: 2 views: 647
eoats 1 week ago

Hi, Im not sure if it's the right forum, but... What is the way to make highest possible quality youtube upload? I want to...

bezdelnik
replies: 0 views: 340
bezdelnik 2 weeks ago

Hi Two questions in one if anyone can help ... please. First i'v been asked/offered to mix all the sound for an upcoming...

Jonsos
replies: 38 views: 1,567
itsyourself 2 weeks ago

How does Acon hold up to Exponential's Stratus sonically? I own Nimbus and really like it so I was aready to pull the trigger...

Tapwatr
replies: 22 views: 926
Tapwatr 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for some inspiration and a fresh watch list of the best soundtracks in films from this year. I was wondering which...

maria
replies: 13 views: 1,148
Jared Paul 2 weeks ago

We are mixing a movie where the editor, using Adobe Premier, used .mov files (embedded audio) combined with .wav files. When...

spectrasound
replies: 6 views: 499
Mundox 2 weeks ago

I can´t get the eq to work on the stuff I record on the RME Fireface UFX II into protools. I´m trying to set a little high...

tha_lode
replies: 8 views: 564
tha_lode 2 weeks ago

Anyone running a RX580 8GB in combination with and HDX card? I have been through several threads regarding upgrading the GPU's...

TheWorkRoom
replies: 1 views: 465
Henchman 2 weeks ago

Fairlight Announces Divestment of its Professional Audio Technology | Press Releases | News & Events | Fairlight

ThisIsSka
replies: 221 views: 25,633
matt82aust 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search