The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 128 views: 398,652
iluvcapra 4th November 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 80,576
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 104,543
saemola 15th August 2016

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 144 views: 12,022
ChrisPFuchs 5 hours ago

Hello, My first time here on Gearslutz! I have just completed a regular stereo mix on a short film that has only one...

stroony
replies: 10 views: 449
Vsevolod777 23 hours ago
replies: - views: -
pentagon 1 day ago

hi guys, so I got SCM50ASL for L & R for cheap and love them for stereo, which is 50% of my work. The other 50% is 5.1. so...

jeandado
replies: 0 views: 214
jeandado 1 day ago

This will be a huge succes in the post...

Jamie Mac
replies: 21 views: 822
iluvcapra 1 day ago
Foretaste 1 day ago
Foretaste 1 day ago

Hello everyone, It's my first time using ediload here in a very messy documentary film: different production sound mixers with...

cinetj
replies: 22 views: 587
mfranken 2 days ago

I've been mixing in Dolby Atmos at some nice NY studios, but my home studio is still only 5.1/Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I've...

NReichman
replies: 16 views: 1,015
ntpjl 2 days ago

Hi everyone I'm facing the following issue here running an internal video in Protools 10. The video is a h2.64 1920 x 1080...

cinetj
replies: 6 views: 300
pentagon 3 days ago

Hey there, First of all, I am pretty new to the world of audio plugin development. However I have a passion for both audio...

bgraf
replies: 10 views: 1,180
Jay Rose 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,523 views: 270,282
aXLsound 3 days ago

I need to pan multichannel tracks in ProTools, for which Spanner is pretty much the perfect tool, but, it's one of the few...

adamscriv
replies: 19 views: 2,091
NReichman 4 days ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 24 views: 1,661
apple-q 4 days ago

Here is a new Relab Plug In that looks very interesting: Relab Development │ VSR S24 Plugin Try the 30 day demo and let me...

dr.sound
replies: 6 views: 1,661
smurfyou 4 days ago

Hi All, Is anybody split the 5.1 track to mono tracks, and the LFE track doesnt goes to correct routing, Its go to Centre,...

waikwanho
replies: 3 views: 401
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Is it possible to set a limiting threshold on an RMU rerender? What exactly does the RMU do when a channel in the rerender gets...

iluvcapra
replies: 15 views: 1,294
iluvcapra 6 days ago

Could really use a bit of help if any experts care to weigh in. Maybe a little esoteric but there is a dx ‘sound’ which I...

galaydees
replies: 32 views: 2,828
sitbh 1 week ago

Hello everyone, and a prosperous new year for all. I have a stereo file that the bass is on the left channel only, and I'm...

Basslik
replies: 11 views: 619
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hi! I recently switched from Pro Tools 10 HD to Ableton for music production. And I'm amazingly surprise how this program...

sebdj
replies: 11 views: 3,667
Crampe 1 week ago

After spending Yesterday at The CES show in Las Vegas and seeing the big push to 8K TV's this article is a must read: "For...

dr.sound
replies: 7 views: 756
kosmokrator 1 week ago

I'm trying to mix/compose/sound design several scenes in a film in Logic X--yes, Logic X, and I don't want to get into a...

Brendan Baker
replies: 10 views: 8,509
Newmann 1 week ago

Hello friends, today I witnessed something that I can't comprehend and I hope someone can enlighten...

Dingenshier
replies: 6 views: 840
Dingenshier 1 week ago

Who ever is doing the audio is doing, IMHO, a fantastic job. I watched it on TV and on my computer and the audio (and video) is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 13 views: 1,104
seanmccoy 1 week ago

Hi there, we would like to set up our Studio 2 as a classic stereo L-R studio, with in-wall (soffit mounted) speakers. We...

Enrico Donner
replies: 9 views: 1,328
Jay Rose 1 week ago

does anyone know or know where i can get a list of words you can't say on the radio(fm). I'm supposed to edit all the...

deriklang
replies: 38 views: 154,450
TVPostSound 1 week ago

The thought came to me to create a list of plugins that are geared towards or work well for sound design since lately, and...

JamieMB
replies: 65 views: 33,462
spiderman 1 week ago

Curious about other people's experiences with the JBL Intonato 24. We have had issues with it dropping the remote and muting all...

Chuckadile
replies: 26 views: 3,500
Farhoof 1 week ago

Any thoughts on modular/adaptable work areas when working on the computer? Sometimes just having a mouse and keyboard front and...

ErikG
replies: 28 views: 1,660
kosmokrator 1 week ago

Can anyone recommend an ADR spotting program that is capable of running in Snow Leopard? Does anyone have ADR Manager running...

stustan
replies: 28 views: 4,744
mfranken 1 week ago

Can anyone suggest a "post production audio IT" person I could hire to help me with some gnarly computer issues in the...

philper
replies: 5 views: 499
philper 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, just in the process of installing a Dante-based HT RMU to our system. Signal is coming in on channel 128 over Dante...

kosmokrator
replies: 4 views: 689
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Anyone using Soundstorm SFX library? Sound Ideas Soundstorm Sound Effects Library How does it compare to the general Sound Ideas...

azs
replies: 7 views: 3,670
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

I am looking for color images of the Post Pro, Pro Tools in the late 1990s, Fairlight, Sonic Solutions, Wave Frame, and Audio...

vta
replies: 3 views: 452
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

I have two universal la 610 mk 2 preamps can I use these as a stereo pair on the master out of my mixing board just before...

Tisher
replies: 0 views: 311
Tisher 2 weeks ago

Better Buy Those SSD's While You Can. They're Going Up In Price! https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nand-ssd-prices-2020-going-up

dr.sound
replies: 1 views: 676
chrischoir 2 weeks ago

Here's a dimwit small 5.1 monitor system bass management question: --I've noticed that anymore the lower end subs that are...

philper
replies: 11 views: 592
JuelzB 2 weeks ago

Saw this pop up just...

Jamie Mac
replies: 44 views: 6,818
NReichman 2 weeks ago

Just wondering how many here are now using Nuendo for their work DAW vs ProTools?

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 148 views: 9,591
chrischoir 2 weeks ago

Just got an email from Westlake Pro Audio. There will be a demo of a new Izotope product aimed at post production...

TVPostSound
replies: 69 views: 6,438
SDDP 2 weeks ago

I've recently been restoring old videos I took of friends' stage plays. The picture quality is now great, but the audio on a...

CoolDude
replies: 18 views: 894
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Is there a conversion tool to quickly transform an OMF file to AAF? Seems like all video companies in my country are using...

Cosmonauta
replies: 31 views: 6,984
philper 2 weeks ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 14 views: 7,275
melodic dreamer 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware update for the Dolby LM100 hardware loudness meter? I called Dolby....

ptfigg
replies: 7 views: 965
philper 3 weeks ago

Does anybody know a Bay Area studio (post or otherwise) that has an Avid S6 where I could rent the room for a few hours to work...

basehead617
replies: 5 views: 1,111
HoPMiX 3 weeks ago

So I guess the phrase "we'll fix it in post" gets a new dimension. Have you ever altered a mix (creative decision)...

nucelar
replies: 10 views: 1,083
TheMuffinMan01 3 weeks ago

Look how fast this is! https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDACL4M201T/ For Mac Pro 2012 AND 2019 !!

dr.sound
replies: 1 views: 1,088
Mike O 3 weeks ago

I found this for Apple Mac Pro 2009-2012...

dr.sound
replies: 1 views: 777
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

It happens that I’m going to be doing an Atmos mix at the end of the month in a room with an RMU but no recorder, just a player...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 1,060
juniorhifikit 3 weeks ago

Besides hiring professional voice actors :heh: I'm working on something (a show for kids) that needs cartoony voices – voices...

Parzival
replies: 10 views: 820
IGotWorms 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search