The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,331
Views: 2,331
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 381,106
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 218,700
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 71,204
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 94,250
saemola 15th August 2016

Wanted to check in and ask what people where using for backups and archives. My Backups For the last year I've been using a...

iluvcapra
replies: 8 views: 445
nucelar 4 hours ago

I was talking to a film music composer the other day and was telling him about my idea to set up a room to video edit and sound...

siniarch
replies: 8 views: 458
Leverson 14 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,458 views: 255,107
sun smile island 18 hours ago

Hi, I came across this screenshot on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6526683069410353152 It's...

nucelar
replies: 13 views: 1,252
iluvcapra 23 hours ago

Hello, It seems it is not possible or I don't know how but can Soundminer see underscore signs ( _ ) as spaces ? While you are...

YannL
replies: 15 views: 599
YannL 1 day ago

Hey all. Doing post for a documentary that I'll mix in 5.1, and while I've frequently upmixed stereo music in this situation, for...

seanmccoy
replies: 11 views: 374
seanmccoy 1 day ago

Hi everyone, what are you using as a one-stop solution for placing fx/foley in the correct acoustical perspective of a...

gato sapato
replies: 5 views: 503
bad jitter 1 day ago

i want to upgrade from os 10.10 with PTHD 12.5 to brand new mac with mohave and PT 2019.5 ultimate i'm gonna run huuuge film...

cebolao
replies: 2 views: 334
Leverson 1 day ago

Pretty impressive development pace from Blackmagic... and they seem to know what they're...

nucelar
replies: 88 views: 4,102
Mundox 2 days ago

Hey all, most of you know me a bit by now, and know that our mix stages have both Nuendo (films we handle in-house) and ProTools...

Steven1145
replies: 25 views: 1,311
Steven1145 2 days ago

Hey, here's my sound design demo. It's not a demo reel but it's a demo using a clip....

Ooglyeye
replies: 0 views: 304
Ooglyeye 2 days ago

i know this isn't a fair way to judge in the long run, but curious if any of y'all have heard the new Will Smith Aladin movie...

marty lester
replies: 1 views: 449
Jay Rose 2 days ago

Hi Guys! I just want to know what kind of equipment do you use for foley. We gonna build a small foley stage but we would...

bohitomi
replies: 5 views: 639
Mundox 3 days ago

Hi! I recently switched from Pro Tools 10 HD to Ableton for music production. And I'm amazingly surprise how this program...

sebdj
replies: 9 views: 2,699
Crampe 3 days ago

I was curious how everyone handles UK broadcast specs since they require you to have 6 frames of silence and black at the heads...

npatro22
replies: 2 views: 639
Jay Rose 3 days ago

I'm thinking about to extend or maybe replace my existent setup of field recording equipment which consists of a stereo pair of...

hugo leitao
replies: 4 views: 419
iluvcapra 4 days ago

Do you use reference tracks when mixing sound effects (any kind of)? I know how it is during mixing music, you take a reference...

biardakmix
replies: 3 views: 483
Uncle Bob 4 days ago

Started up the system today to mix and found my BlueSky BMC mkii is not working. It lights up, but is stuck on the "BMC...

vicwind
replies: 0 views: 268
vicwind 4 days ago

For many years I have been a die hard ICON user and have long thought the s3 to be a step down. However with recent EUCON...

Jamie Mac
replies: 54 views: 8,851
jgbsound 4 days ago

what a great news, there is a new guardian angel for pt12. however, unlike the previous version, this one cannot be downloaded...

cebolao
replies: 14 views: 1,834
Colourdotz 6 days ago

Lately the show I'm mixing is coming in with a fair amount of audio ticks. Never on the boom. The recordings are not overly...

Sonic Mafia
replies: 17 views: 879
TVPostSound 6 days ago

I'm in the market for a surround controller, and this box ticks all the, erm, boxes. BlueSky is not the most active company at...

pethenis
replies: 12 views: 1,130
elskardio 1 week ago

I'm looking for a plugin that would switch between my FX stem and the FX units that make it, so I could use my FX stem in an...

iluvcapra
replies: 8 views: 714
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Hey Guys, How can I remake this sound when SpongeBob begins to sneeze. If unsure feel free to check the link below. Go to 0:03...

Ooglyeye
replies: 1 views: 369
xamatsni 1 week ago

Hey guys, after explaining this technique to a colleague I realized it would be worth doing a quick video to help others. I've...

Mister_T
replies: 16 views: 1,376
kosmokrator 1 week ago

well, I'm hiring again.. If you want to have an interesting job in a nice Emmy-winning team with great benefits and regular...

kosmokrator
replies: 8 views: 754
kosmokrator 1 week ago

Seems like some people DO realise when there are sound issues in the theatre.

Steven1145
replies: 6 views: 932
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hello, This is my first post here! I was hoping to get feedback on my fan made trailer I made for Avengers: Infinity...

wmik7
replies: 1 views: 449
FreshProduce 1 week ago

Is there an easy way to tell in FCPX whether a video clip has been re-timed - sped up or slowed down? thanks!

aracu
replies: 0 views: 314
aracu 1 week ago

Is there a quick way to remove all the audio automation from a project in FCPX?

aracu
replies: 0 views: 300
aracu 1 week ago

Hey Guys, How can I remake this sound when Beavis from Beavis and Buttead gets high from paint thinner. If you are unsure, Feel...

Ooglyeye
replies: 4 views: 480
nucelar 1 week ago
replies: 13 views: 901
loujudson 1 week ago

Anyone using it and can‘t live without it?

ManuG
replies: 0 views: 383
ManuG 1 week ago

Hey guys, So I'm currently mixing a drama series which is being released on a streaming platform for now. The production house...

Oop
replies: 13 views: 847
spacefolder 1 week ago

just bought stratus as phoenix owner i am impressed and there are tons of presets however, during film mix i never have...

cebolao
replies: 8 views: 931
cebolao 1 week ago

So I've got a client with three prime time game show series that I mix on, and suddenly we need a new home. We were mixing at a...

AlexeyMohr
replies: 3 views: 541
Tone_Mechanic 1 week ago

A Must Read about The Future...

dr.sound
replies: 18 views: 1,058
Mundox 1 week ago

Hi all, I was wondering if some mixers here would share their advice to sound editors who want to do a proper job of splitting...

Ovalroaster
replies: 8 views: 1,198
Ovalroaster 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, Do any of you know if the deliverables for YouTube Originals content differs from the rest of YouTube? From...

LDStudios
replies: 3 views: 651
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Anyone here have any experience with the S3? Are the faders any better than the faders on the Artist Mix? Because the AM faders...

soundboy
replies: 58 views: 12,034
TheMuffinMan01 2 weeks ago

If you import an embedded AAF file into Pro Tools, can it be exported as a linked OMF file?

aracu
replies: 4 views: 513
smurfyou 2 weeks ago

Anybody here doing mix reviews with the client viewing/giving real time notes from a remote location? I'm told Source Connect...

Sonic Mafia
replies: 14 views: 965
Sonic Mafia 2 weeks ago

Wondering how people are panning 5.1 material in PT in Windows. Are there any plugins I've missed? Unfortunately Spanner not...

Wheelie
replies: 0 views: 429
Wheelie 2 weeks ago

After 3 years working in a completely different industry, I'm back in post. And what a refreshing change it was. Towards the...

Mister_T
replies: 11 views: 1,647
Mister_T 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. Just wondering what the norm is for associating B-roll audio in the mix layout. I always find it a little confusing,...

seanmccoy
replies: 6 views: 593
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

hi guys! for my new studio (roughly 4.5m x 7.5m x 2,6m, well treated) I'm looking for a 5.1 speaker setup. I will use it...

jeandado
replies: 27 views: 1,641
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

read here: Bringing Studio Quality Sound to Netflix Nice to see this improvement announced. And 768kbps is the...

NReichman
replies: 0 views: 530
NReichman 3 weeks ago

Hello All. I posted this in the Pro Tools forum and was recommend to post here. Me and a few other mixers in my circle are...

nycaudio
replies: 21 views: 1,886
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Hello Being a sound recorder and FX editor is it worth upgrading from 4 to 7 advanced? The de reverb would be really useful but...

breaktheory
replies: 7 views: 526
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Oliver Lucas wrote this in another thread: I'm a big fan of Izotope RX, but this versioning thing is driving me nuts, too....

NReichman
replies: 9 views: 1,057
originalscottyg 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search