The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 379,497
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 217,438
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 70,434
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 93,524
saemola 15th August 2016

Anybody here doing mix reviews with the client viewing/giving real time notes from a remote location? I'm told Source Connect...

Sonic Mafia
replies: 8 views: 387
Janus 9 minutes ago

Hey everyone, I am after some advice regarding SFX libraries, and in essence trying to narrow down whether the problem is the...

LDStudios
replies: 2 views: 384
kosmokrator 3 hours ago

Hi all, I was wondering if some mixers here would share their advice to sound editors who want to do a proper job of splitting...

Ovalroaster
replies: 4 views: 503
quadraphonics 7 hours ago

Does anyone know what the LUFS of jumbotrons is? Or any recommendations. I'm doing what I usually do for internet, -16 plus or...

Bastet
replies: 1 views: 317
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

Hello All. I posted this in the Pro Tools forum and was recommend to post here. Me and a few other mixers in my circle are...

nycaudio
replies: 16 views: 1,540
Mundox 1 day ago

Pretty impressive development pace from Blackmagic... and they seem to know what they're...

nucelar
replies: 40 views: 1,778
Mundox 2 days ago

Hi. I'm new member. Pleased meet you guys. I have a question about recoding "voice" like for radio , voice message...

blueink
replies: 12 views: 1,129
SDDP 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
mattiasnyc 3 days ago

Well I'm cleaning up my project drives and it got me thinking - how long do most of us store projects for our clients? I have a...

Mister_T
replies: 14 views: 746
Steven1145 4 days ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 45 views: 6,288
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

What is the best plug in you've found for taming or getting rid of wind noise? Thnx in advance!

bcgood
replies: 18 views: 17,471
Ukiah Bass 5 days ago

I am interested in hearing people's experiences with AVID Native HD PCI-e cards on Mac Pro cheese graters. I have HDX in my...

Mundox
replies: 17 views: 1,013
cubivore 6 days ago

Hi i'm foleying a short animated movie where you see a hummingbird flying around and i can't think of a way to reproduce the...

nicolasvr
replies: 7 views: 595
seanmccoy 6 days ago

I swear Ive heard this before. I thought this is Tom & Jerry but I wasn't able to find the exact sample. Any...

Sweepes
replies: 1 views: 367
Jay Rose 6 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,451 views: 253,428
Luftrausch 6 days ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and to Atmos and would appreciate any kind of help. I am based in Mumbai, India and we...

maverickwhistler
replies: 46 views: 4,334
clipgod 6 days ago

I''ve recorded radio drama as standard with a standard condenser U87 microphone. I didn't have access to those fancy dummy heads....

videogamingtown
replies: 7 views: 533
huub 6 days ago

To those awesome folks mixing dubbing/localized versions; how do you determine surround events (like pan movements)? Listen to...

SoundWeavers
replies: 4 views: 605
SoundWeavers 1 week ago

In case you didn't see this. Well worth reading: Pro Tools 2019 - Why Is There A Delay In Releasing New Product Features? Avid...

NReichman
replies: 16 views: 1,230
Airon 1 week ago

I hope some of you folks here can sort this out for me, The new boss (music composer back ground) just told me to change the...

jt916
replies: 47 views: 5,829
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hello! A client has sent me an old movie to restore. One of the problems that I have encountered is that a lot of dialogue...

mfzb10
replies: 14 views: 795
mfzb10 1 week ago

We just got greenlit by the bank to build our new Dolby Atmos feature mixing studio! Exciting (and tiring) times ahead. I'll try...

Steven1145
replies: 7 views: 706
Branko 1 week ago

Hey, After 10+ years in music production free lance business I'm finally ready to settle down :). I have some good friends in...

kubel
replies: 2 views: 502
Sventeck 1 week ago

Hello there, would love to have an advice on affordable ADR software to work with Cubase. Thanx in advance! kfhkh

Sonic_X
replies: 16 views: 1,930
Sonic_X 1 week ago

Hi everyone, this is my current situation: I've 2 Genelec 8330a + Genelec GLM set + old MOTU 896HD firewire. My goal is upgrade...

adrjork
replies: 13 views: 779
PatrickFaith 1 week ago

Hello friends, today I witnessed something that I can't comprehend and I hope someone can enlighten...

Dingenshier
replies: 3 views: 437
brandoncross 1 week ago
replies: 5 views: 659
Quantum7 1 week ago

This bug I have only encountered when I drag audio I got from an AAF over on a track with Elastic Audio. Protools seems to do...

tha_lode
replies: 3 views: 532
tha_lode 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for D-Command video tutorials, so I can learn it as soon as possible. If you guys know any...

Hovak
replies: 11 views: 4,309
kubel 1 week ago

Vocaroo | Voice message I have listened to my entire Hollywood 4000 Series from Sound Ideas because I thought it was from...

Sweepes
replies: 12 views: 726
Jamie Mac 2 weeks ago

Hello, I need to digitize an ADAT tape (that's the VHS looking thing) - it's an 8 track multi recorded under v4 software, for...

tj7
replies: 3 views: 368
Mundox 2 weeks ago

Hey forum, this fall I will be working on a larger project for a client that I haven't worked for in a while. Their room is...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 11 views: 624
minister 2 weeks ago

Just curious. I know it's a shotgun mic but I've read that people sometimes used the Sennheiser 416 shotgun in the studio and...

Jaturna
replies: 9 views: 839
minister 2 weeks ago

Is there any advantage to the stand-alone atmos HT renderer box anymore? With the new renderer software (3.0.1+) It says you can...

Sventeck
replies: 14 views: 802
Steven1145 2 weeks ago

Hello all, I am curious as to how you all prefer a raw sample to be. Initially do you prefer the sample for a spot effect to be...

adambenfold
replies: 4 views: 476
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to create the sound of an oversaturated analogue limiter. Apart from shaping the dynamics this type of...

maria
replies: 4 views: 527
Mundox 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, hoping on a little crowd brain picking... a colleague of mine has approached me with material, an interview of two...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 3 views: 515
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

So, Avid today announced an HD 12.8 version updating it with the Dolby Atmos capabilities. Mixing in Dolby Atmos became pretty...

mgoorevich
replies: 130 views: 12,778
billjv 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, I have been mixing Trailer Park Boys for about 20 years and finally got some help! Matt Dawson, MPSE, jumped in the...

Cottage Lunch
replies: 3 views: 432
Cottage Lunch 2 weeks ago

We use to do a lot of voice over work for a production company in upper state NY. They have since gone out of business. Towards...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 3 views: 462
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Oliver Lucas wrote this in another thread: I'm a big fan of Izotope RX, but this versioning thing is driving me nuts, too....

NReichman
replies: 2 views: 540
Sventeck 2 weeks ago

After 3 years working in a completely different industry, I'm back in post. And what a refreshing change it was. Towards the...

Mister_T
replies: 4 views: 817
Henchman 2 weeks ago

Looking for studios in Houston Texas for ADR. Thanks!

Travelers
replies: 0 views: 331
Travelers 3 weeks ago

We've been using RX3 and have stuck with it because it hasn't seemed necessary to change, but now that 5 years have passed since...

elambo
replies: 13 views: 1,765
SaschaP 3 weeks ago

I'm curious to know how many of you use distortion or gain when you're creating sound effects. In the past I've used software,...

DrAlienSmith
replies: 2 views: 510
Ovee 3 weeks ago

I'm tired of talking about technical stuff. Let's hear some good jokes and crazy stories! Post them here.

ggegan
replies: 55 views: 5,483
ManuG 3 weeks ago

I have finished a stereo mix for a feature length film. We've test screened it at theater and all is good. Now I am endeavoring...

allklier
replies: 7 views: 779
allklier 3 weeks ago

About to pick up a Avid S6 from the used market. Have a small Post operation and we are adding a smaller mix room. We mainly do...

HoPMiX
replies: 10 views: 854
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 115 views: 7,502
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Question like in the title: how do you estimate time of audio post production? I mean how do you know how much time you need...

biardakmix
replies: 18 views: 1,955
jwh1192 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search