The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 73,820
Pantone 2 weeks ago

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 386,021
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 222,867
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 96,725
saemola 15th August 2016

I'm in the market for a surround controller, and this box ticks all the, erm, boxes. BlueSky is not the most active company at...

pethenis
replies: 15 views: 1,609
blackie909 1 hour ago

Hey, all. Avid's offering this plug at an attractive price, but I'm wondering if anybody who's compared it to our many other...

seanmccoy
replies: 7 views: 632
Jay Rose 3 hours ago

I would be interested to know most common compressor settings and approaches on the mix bus in post production. I would be using...

sgcsound
replies: 3 views: 314
sgcsound 7 hours ago

Does anyone have any recordings of this car? It’s only driven 30mph tops in the show and isn’t around for long so I don’t...

srheiss
replies: 8 views: 620
TVPostSound 19 hours ago

Hi, Having had a conversation with a fellow dialogue editor the other day, they said they were only using 8 tracks in total -...

GFPCJ
replies: 2 views: 617
TheMuffinMan01 1 day ago

Atmos Home Theater Mix In a couple of weeks I will begin mixing an Amazon Studios series that will be in the Atmos format for...

dungpham
replies: 8 views: 538
AudioGaff 1 day ago

Hi All, I was hoping I could get some practical clarification on how strictly loudness ranges are adhered to when mixing a film...

ryanisprism
replies: 4 views: 629
Dan Smith 2 days ago

Hello all - Definitely need some help here. I've been offered a job on a project mixing in 5.1 but I have never done it before...

session bass
replies: 9 views: 1,437
session bass 3 days ago

Hello. After using the Mac Pro (5,1) Line outs for computer sounds since forever, I decided to try the Blackmagic Intensity...

Mundox
replies: 8 views: 682
Mundox 3 days ago

i did a quick search here on GS but couldn't find any threads... what do you guys use to convert mp4 files to...

cebolao
replies: 29 views: 5,165
mbrebes 5 days ago

Our systems were recently updated to the latest version of PT Ultimate. All plug ins were updated as well. I opened up an older...

Tapwatr
replies: 11 views: 930
Tapwatr 6 days ago

Received specs that considers off screen dialogue as narration and should be on the same stem as the VO. So if it starts on...

pethenis
replies: 5 views: 419
TVPostSound 1 week ago

Hi I am curious as to whether anyone id running the larger ADAMs S series preferably in their multi channel rooms? I am...

nzl62
replies: 9 views: 750
Arthur Stone 1 week ago

This statement seems it has triggered a few folks: "However, going forward the preferred pricing model will be...

gsilbers
replies: 29 views: 2,758
gsilbers 1 week ago

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet in the forum but Soundminer v5Pro is out since June 15. $150 for existing v4.5Pro users (who...

pentagon
replies: 11 views: 1,947
Dforshee001 1 week ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,476 views: 260,182
subbasshead 1 week ago

I am looking for recordings of a C-47 Cargo Plane - not sounds like a C-47, but actual recordings. For a big WW2 project that...

stangroom
replies: 7 views: 1,408
eoats 1 week ago

Hi I'm looking to make the right slide out tray for my MIDI controller and my studio desk. I have a Native Instruments Kontrol...

CoolMcCoolDude
replies: 11 views: 5,602
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Does anyone have a sort of a confused dog sound effect? like the typical sound effect you would use for a dog that tilts its head...

Sweepes
replies: 1 views: 499
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hey, everyone. A few of my clients use phone calls in their podcasts and broadcast shows. I'm reluctant to switch to VOIP...

Dan Popp
replies: 21 views: 1,384
jwh1192 1 week ago

Hi, I just received in my e-mail the announcement of a new surround reverb. I would like to try it but I'm out of the studio for...

nucelar
replies: 0 views: 444
nucelar 2 weeks ago

Hi, 5 minutes ago I was browsing the new product alert section, when i saw this innocent brusfri...

nucelar
replies: 24 views: 5,750
ThisIsSka 2 weeks ago

Anyone using the small QSC cinema system? Thoughts? I am struggling to find prices anywhere - anyone offer even a...

nzl62
replies: 6 views: 846
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

It's a Kind of Magic — Push the Boundaries of the Possible with the Sonible EQ+ Series the proximity eq might be interesting...

cebolao
replies: 4 views: 2,016
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Hello, Any software for surround calibration like sonarwork ? Regard the sub any guidelines to choose? My speakers...

Jsm_wave
replies: 4 views: 834
Led 2 weeks ago

I'm currently in the process of setting up our new post suites (testing hardware, building templates and layouts, etc.) and...

inf0l
replies: 6 views: 888
clipgod 2 weeks ago

Hey hope you guys can help me out on this one: i'm trying to make the following Softkeys work on the ipad using the Control App...

JuelzB
replies: 6 views: 791
cebolao 2 weeks ago

Hi I'm on the hunt for a Rental RTA rig. Would only really need it for a day. Harder to find than I thought it would be....

Jesse Peterson
replies: 2 views: 631
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Just sharing Krotos Audio's new 'Sound Design from the Sofa' Series with Dan Mellins-Cohen demonstrating how you can quickly and...

Krotos
replies: 0 views: 609
Krotos 3 weeks ago

Im curious about how you guys set up your adr screens for recording on pro tools. I know some use a huge monitor and some have...

audiodiegomuniz
replies: 4 views: 840
audiodiegomuniz 3 weeks ago

Hi all- I’m not sure if I’m remember this correctly or not, has Dolby mentioned a iPad “ remote app for the Atmos suite?...

postprosound
replies: 0 views: 635
postprosound 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I work in a small recording studio and mainly work on music and voiceover recording. I've recently been...

Matt_Hillster
replies: 2 views: 1,103
DrewP 3 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend a modest projector for a smaller post room ie 6m x 5m? My budget in USD is anywhere between 1-5k but would...

nzl62
replies: 20 views: 2,014
mattiasnyc 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, this is my current situation: I've 2 Genelec 8330a + Genelec GLM set + old MOTU 896HD firewire. My goal is upgrade...

adrjork
replies: 19 views: 1,346
Papa Rob 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm currently working on the Spanish release of "Amazing Grace", the film about Aretha Franklin's legendary live...

nucelar
replies: 3 views: 651
Serge Perron 3 weeks ago

Can you Imagine... I would go NUTS if I had to hear this all night long!! It's bad enough for 8 hours once in a while to tune a...

dr.sound
replies: 3 views: 842
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I am George and I’m currently a runner at a post production facility in the United Kingdom. My dream is to one day...

g_elliott
replies: 2 views: 1,351
g_elliott 3 weeks ago

Hi, I just got my Audinate Dante Pcie soundcard for the new Mac Mini 2018 running Mojave. However the Mac Mini refuse to...

MilkRabbit
replies: 1 views: 1,016
pisser 3 weeks ago

A bit how long is a piece of string, but got an omf with some buzzing or distortion here and there and trying to nail down the...

Led
replies: 1 views: 654
philper 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone--I'm asking around, looking for guidance. I'm working with a production that's looking for a very particular...

cedi27
replies: 25 views: 1,308
philper 3 weeks ago

Saw this pop up just...

Jamie Mac
replies: 32 views: 3,479
pentagon 3 weeks ago

This may be a dumb question, but if you were going to a Dub Stage, what would be the minimum equipment you'd expect to find there...

siniarch
replies: 19 views: 1,417
siniarch 3 weeks ago

How does Acon hold up to Exponential's Stratus sonically? I own Nimbus and really like it so I was aready to pull the trigger...

Tapwatr
replies: 24 views: 1,854
smurfyou 3 weeks ago

I would like to acquire a simple hardware decoder for AC3/DTS 5.1 so I can easily analyze the audio mixes in my blu-ray...

simplecarnival
replies: 8 views: 1,066
simplecarnival 3 weeks ago

So ya, who's excited for baseball?! So I was watching the Braves game and every time a pitcher threw a ball you could hear the...

andersmv
replies: 71 views: 7,125
Jeff Hayat 3 weeks ago

Hi I’m trying to set up my studio for live video shoots recorded to pro tools . My system would be 2 black magic PC4K and three...

Snoggin
replies: 0 views: 604
Snoggin 3 weeks ago

I was wondering if anyone has any Audi E-Tron recordings? Thanks!

mitchellscott
replies: 0 views: 1,012
mitchellscott 3 weeks ago

I've been using Revibe for surround and mono (dialog matching) reverbs on a mix and ran into an issue with an older version of PT...

Justin Randell
replies: 3 views: 860
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

Why does Wonder Woman Movie show Integrated Loudness 14.7 LKFS/LUFS? It should not be -23? Attached is a screenshot

dudiclass
replies: 23 views: 2,541
Dan Smith 4 weeks ago

Hi, I need a power replacement for a D-Command Main Unit. I think its the logic power supply, its the right most one. I've got...

BenWood
replies: 1 views: 711
nixt 4 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search