The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 415,329
audionuma 25th May 2020

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 89,327
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 115,130
saemola 15th August 2016

Fellow Gearslutz members, I'm currently studying at UWL in London (Record Production MA), albeit I'm obviously not actually...

BarryLimestone
replies: 6 views: 383
Tapwatr 12 hours ago

I've been mixing in Dolby Atmos at some nice NY studios, but my home studio is still only 5.1/Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I've...

NReichman
replies: 31 views: 2,983
NReichman 19 hours ago

hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a , if anyone has one for sale. for France? Thank you. Dan,

danmarvickss
replies: 2 views: 497
danmarvickss 23 hours ago

Hi, as this is COVID situation, many studios use ozone generators to disinfect a studio/booth - I have a (possibly) important...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 8 views: 429
TVPostSound 1 day ago

I am created sampling music in 5.1 format in Reaper. However, I do not know how import the multitracks for further work with Da...

Musiccreator
replies: 1 views: 194
Led 1 day ago

Have used Dynaudio BM5a with Dynaudio BM9s (sub) for many years, and have had much success with them. Still... I feel it may...

spiderman
replies: 23 views: 1,462
siniarch 1 day ago

Hi, Just curious about the different ways crowd noise is being added to sports broadcasts from empty stadiums these days. I'm...

davetbass
replies: 17 views: 592
ccg 2 days ago

As a CAS Board Member I Moderated a CAS Summer Event "El Camino Broken Down" with the Production and Post Production...

dr.sound
replies: 0 views: 225
dr.sound 4 days ago

Hi Folks, I'm trying to deliver to HBO's Audio Technical Specs. They're requesting audio delivery in a single PCM file but in...

spleenless
replies: 2 views: 347
spleenless 4 days ago

Curious about other people's experiences with the JBL Intonato 24. We have had issues with it dropping the remote and muting all...

Chuckadile
replies: 37 views: 5,199
SYNCRECY 5 days ago

Got a little burnt recently down mixing 5.1 content to stereo. I’m exploring options in the downmix realm. Not sexy, but a...

postprosound
replies: 17 views: 640
apple-q 5 days ago

With every production and semi pro podcast having to be shot in poeples houses... Seems like they just have the iPhone mics...

gsilbers
replies: 39 views: 2,315
loujudson 5 days ago

Hi together, I need your swarm intelligence, did not found any infos about on google: I have got a Pro Tools session from a...

klampfenfreak
replies: 9 views: 546
originalscottyg 6 days ago

This will be a huge succes in the post...

Jamie Mac
replies: 53 views: 6,755
Polyh3dron 1 week ago

Hey! It's Yuri from Foley First again. Please find the new article about recording and editing clothes on Foley! Link to the...

Yury
replies: 2 views: 334
hpmsound 1 week ago

The short article about what plug-ins processing we do apply to Foley. Hopefully, it will help to somebody. Please share your...

kiddius
replies: 2 views: 848
Vsevolod777 1 week ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 89 views: 25,199
CheesyJay 1 week ago

I'm spitballing stuff with the director and he's talking about the reverb/echo thing that's been done to death. It's a dark toned...

Led
replies: 10 views: 555
Led 1 week ago

I recently got inspired to look into what it might take to set up a 5.1 mix environment and went into a rather deep rabbit hole....

devnull
replies: 20 views: 2,052
devnull 1 week ago

Hello, I'm a young composer and audio engineer interested in pursuing a career in composition and audio post production for...

Synthbrass
replies: 22 views: 2,197
pencilextremist 1 week ago

Like everyone in the entire audio world I've been looking into what's possible for remote mix sessions, ie not just a screening...

philper
replies: 20 views: 1,744
philper 1 week ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,577 views: 283,682
TJP 1 week ago

Because of the pandemic, i had mix from home. I set up a 5.1 JBL 708i/705i in my basement (L shape room with low ceiling, 7'5'')....

Badaboom
replies: 4 views: 775
audiothings 1 week ago

Turns out that Source Live 3.0 will beachball on launch with macOS 10.14.6 if the machine booted up with AJA hardware (T-Tap)...

NReichman
replies: 1 views: 324
Fred Pearson 2 weeks ago

I have been mixing stems and multitracks in Audacity; 5.1 and 7.1 for years now. Purely to play in my home theater. I have a...

keenly
replies: 5 views: 658
Vsevolod777 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is staying safe during these difficult times. Being that many businesses have been put on hold, I'm...

siniarch
replies: 22 views: 1,290
philper 2 weeks ago

Morning, I am trying to figure something out if getting an Avid Native Thunderbolt would be beneficial to my current setup. I...

hpmsound
replies: 10 views: 920
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm working on the audio editing and mixing for multiple video projects with a video editor who uses Premiere Pro on a Mac....

charlienyc
replies: 10 views: 727
charlienyc 2 weeks ago

Just wondering how people avoid QC problems with scenes say of animals moving around in a very dry environment. I've had...

pethenis
replies: 2 views: 403
Sventeck 2 weeks ago

Hello, With the on-going Covid-19 situation and a lot of people in the industry out of work, I thought I'd start a poll to see...

abes
replies: 5 views: 723
noah330 2 weeks ago

Hi! Just opened up a mix to notice that the audio files aren't what they were two days ago. They just stop mid song. I've...

smokethegod
replies: 2 views: 603
Cyber101 3 weeks ago

Hey, how can I recreate this with the power of sound design. When you break it down, could you send me your interpretation of it...

Ooglyeye
replies: 0 views: 428
Ooglyeye 3 weeks ago

Hare - rabbit fighting - do they make any sound? I have a hare/rabbit figt in a establishing shot. Would be fun if they do...

ErikG
replies: 21 views: 1,478
ErikG 3 weeks ago

I'm building a DIY Foley pit for a hardwood floor and am wondering how to build it so that it sounds solid rather than hollow....

M.L.
replies: 3 views: 629
audionym 3 weeks ago

Just wanted to share this great free download sound effects pack I found today. 25Gb+ High quality sounds for multimedia...

sds
replies: 1 views: 645
nucelar 3 weeks ago

Can anyone explain, beyond what it says in the manual, the difference between these two settings? When would I use one vs the...

KSMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 550
TVPostSound 3 weeks ago

WLM

Ok, so we all just got the email for Waves WLM. Has anyone seen an advanced copy? I see buttons like LM1 and Dial, I can...

Jesse Peterson
replies: 33 views: 7,251
KSMUSIC 3 weeks ago

Hi, I'm hitting a wall with Google due to the deluge of home cinema packages. Does anyone know if there are any specific deals...

londonengineer
replies: 7 views: 748
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 20 views: 2,617
LDStudios 4 weeks ago

Not sure if this is where to post this. Take a listen from 0:19, the pre-recorded vocals on that intro. What effects can you...

tmsn
replies: 0 views: 368
tmsn 4 weeks ago

Im trying to have an "LFE Aux" that I can use as needed in my template. For example, aux send from my to the...

Reeve
replies: 1 views: 490
Led 4 weeks ago

Derek Olds, Best Sound LA, Universal Audio, & Heart of Job team up for an in-depth Live-Stream journey into the wonders of...

onlymid12
replies: 0 views: 358
onlymid12 4 weeks ago

Hi all, As a post production engineer for international brands who divvy their tv campaigns to numerous european countries I...

doktoraudio
replies: 38 views: 6,909
Onomatopoeia 4 weeks ago

Been playing with the new interleave bounce to single file feature lately. Wanted to wrap a 5.1 / 20 into an 8 channel polywav in...

mikevarela
replies: 10 views: 779
smurfyou 4 weeks ago

.. And spanish if at all available, not getting my hopes up. Any help is welcome!

pethenis
replies: 7 views: 893
Takeshi 4 weeks ago

Hi, Just wondering what (or IF??) everyone is using for a hardware firewall box across their studio. Its for a 1 user studio,...

D'Animation
replies: 8 views: 1,254
DAPG 4 weeks ago

anyone given this a spin yet? http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2020/06/ircamlab-ts2-the-next-generation-audio-editor/ Not sure...

Wheelie
replies: 0 views: 456
Wheelie 4 weeks ago

Hello everyone, I am currently working on a short film using Adobe Audition. It's mostly dialogue but the actor's track is...

Johnny1992
replies: 22 views: 1,459
mojopin 29th June 2020

Cubase 10.5 Pro 5.1 Surround (Using Control Room) When I pan a sound 100% to the rear, control room still plays back front +...

Reeve
replies: 1 views: 350
Reeve 28th June 2020

i did a quick search here on GS but couldn't find any threads... what do you guys use to convert mp4 files to...

cebolao
replies: 38 views: 7,541
Sagi 27th June 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search