The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 412,204
audionuma 1 week ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 87,751
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 113,349
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi Guys, I just started to setup pro tools for 7.1.2 Atmos mixing...I had setup up the interface and the routing and...

lgabor
replies: 0 views: 76
lgabor 2 hours ago

Hey bros ! Here's the thing. I am having struggles with my kicks, when I hear a track of mine it sounds good with the low end...

Oruam Moss
replies: 1 views: 97
NReichman 2 hours ago

Dear Colleagues, I really wanted to make like a poll so everybody can vote but this is my first thread so I am new to this. I...

Tonisevero
replies: 5 views: 238
apple-q 3 hours ago

Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect before it is being applied to the audio signal? I was wondering because if I want...

Allegretto
replies: 1 views: 73
Keministi 3 hours ago

I'm looking to buy my first sfx library that would cover most of the general sfx I would need. Basic stuff plus extras. Right now...

NoctemAudio
replies: 24 views: 7,617
SDDP 4 hours ago

I have been part of the Beta team on an Amazing New Dolby Atmos Capable Immersive Reverb : LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms...

dr.sound
replies: 5 views: 438
dr.sound 5 hours ago

Just looking for a good all-rounder for magical effects, like spells, ambiences etc. Cheers,

dirtROBOT
replies: 4 views: 301
dirtROBOT 9 hours ago

Hi, I've been recording VO for myself and others at home in a reasonably well-treated room, some nice enough gear then processing...

Sanchez
replies: 14 views: 609
Sanchez 18 hours ago

Hi! I always aim for -15LUFS for everything going to Youtube/Web. But I just got a message that my mix was to hot and denied by...

pettah93
replies: 38 views: 1,818
seanmccoy 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,567 views: 280,649
flysound 1 day ago

I've been waiting over a year for dolby production suite for windows. Buying an overpriced Mac Pro for one program and...

sm5
replies: 17 views: 919
krabbencutter 1 day ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 175 views: 17,847
Audiograce 3 days ago

The short article about what plug-ins processing we do apply to Foley. Hopefully, it will help to somebody. Please share your...

kiddius
replies: 0 views: 292
kiddius 4 days ago
replies: 1 views: 358
TheMuffinMan01 4 days ago

What do you think of replicated designs of sound effects in commercial libraries? Recently I have seen more and more sound...

_tweak_
replies: 2 views: 532
_tweak_ 5 days ago

This episode of Mythic Quest airs today and was captured completely on iPhones (picture AND sound). It turned out pretty...

srheiss
replies: 4 views: 589
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Good day! I searched for the appropriate topic in this section, but did not find it. Share your experience using Transient...

Vsevolod777
replies: 14 views: 1,805
brandoncross 5 days ago

Want to learn how to create futuristic robotic and mech sound effects? Check out this sound design tutorial by Chase...

aand
replies: 0 views: 209
aand 6 days ago

Hello, I'm a young composer and audio engineer interested in pursuing a career in composition and audio post production for...

Synthbrass
replies: 13 views: 1,233
huub 6 days ago

Is anyone able to run Cedar DNS One AAX plugin with Catalina? I know it says that it isn't supported, but I wasn't sure if it was...

E Baxter Put
replies: 9 views: 784
TVPostSound 1 week ago

Hi, Here's the outcome --- I need to regularly do long-form narration (think podcasts, radio shows w/o an engineer on the...

mc2600
replies: 3 views: 581
Airon 1 week ago

Hello to Everyone, just setting up a room with a 7.1.4 setup with Adam speakers and an Adam sub. I set up the sub as the front...

lgabor
replies: 10 views: 623
Garret 1 week ago

Kindof obscure subject- is there a plugin for simulating a pre-Dolby sound optical? Not just the pops or scratches but also the...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 744
Branko 1 week ago

Hello All, Is there a simpli(ish) way to use a connected iPad as an audio monitor source in Pro Tools without too much work?...

quadraphonics
replies: 13 views: 1,730
Mundox 1 week ago

This post is about killing 2 birds with one stone. I feel that Protools fixed internal bus structure is a huge roadblock when...

Suite Surround
replies: 9 views: 632
Suite Surround 1 week ago

Hey guys just wonder what other plugins offer a true linear crossfade, so far the only one i've found to do it properly is Bob...

Leon88
replies: 1 views: 343
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I'm trying to help a now-retired client dispose of several long-form multicam series worth of Betacam and Digibeta tapes that he...

philper
replies: 1 views: 323
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hello, I'm new to Nuendo and I'm looking for essential automation functions but I don't find them in the manual. I'd be...

torpor
replies: 1 views: 327
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

I know the industry standard is ProTools, but I also want to use Reaper which I'm really fond of. Therefore, I've been looking...

siniarch
replies: 11 views: 1,217
siniarch 1 week ago

hi all, I mostly work out of a facility doing post editorial (DX, ADR Spotting, FX, and FOL) however sometimes I take work...

blindsidejamie
replies: 1 views: 407
E Baxter Put 1 week ago

Good morning fellow Post-folk, I'm looking at the 2 exponential audio verbs, Stratus and Symphony. listening, they both seem...

postprosound
replies: 25 views: 3,585
sm5 1 week ago

Here's Avid's response to the NEW Mac Pro: Avid “Avid’s Pro Tools team is blown away by the unprecedented processing power...

dr.sound
replies: 67 views: 7,098
pentagon 2 weeks ago

Hi! I´m searching for a gain rider plugin for a LUFS target level. What would you recommend? 1. Waves Playlist rider 2....

Ronski
replies: 11 views: 1,014
Ronski 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 255 views: 229,676
jimj3114 2 weeks ago

I've been mixing in Dolby Atmos at some nice NY studios, but my home studio is still only 5.1/Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I've...

NReichman
replies: 25 views: 2,243
mh_bj 2 weeks ago

Hello fellow musicians, mixers and all audio enthusiasts, We are currently doing some investigation about surround panning for...

STJU
replies: 2 views: 512
Schmanuel 2 weeks ago
replies: 4 views: 589
Gideon K 2 weeks ago

I recently got inspired to look into what it might take to set up a 5.1 mix environment and went into a rather deep rabbit hole....

devnull
replies: 8 views: 893
siniarch 2 weeks ago

Hi, I need some help. I would like to make some dubbing work for a film. I use Pro Tools 9 HD. What do I need to make the...

HangArt
replies: 6 views: 2,321
aaron11432 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I just purchased the Clarity M for surround metering and I'm using it in Plug In Mode which works amazingly well! Is...

p35inc
replies: 1 views: 497
Jamie Mac 2 weeks ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 34 views: 3,314
jhg 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I’m looking to upgrade my 5.1 monitoring system and I’m looking for suggestions. I’d prefer to keep the budget...

p35inc
replies: 2 views: 475
philper 3 weeks ago

Hi! I'm new to powerful metadata applications and trying to set up my sample libraries. Most libraries provide a metadata pdf...

vallaton
replies: 2 views: 417
vallaton 3 weeks ago

Since the grabber tool doesn't seem to work on folders has anyone figured out a way to do conforms (just using DX gds) on closed...

breaktheory
replies: 1 views: 404
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Has anyone experienced this...when I hit stop, PT rewinds by 2 frames...I've tried this with video on and offline and always - 2...

breaktheory
replies: 0 views: 296
breaktheory 3 weeks ago

It's what you think it is. Talent is stuck at home because of Covid and needs to record narration. The production company sent...

mattiasnyc
replies: 11 views: 575
bru95bg 3 weeks ago

Just out of curiosity, anyone tried to us an S3/S6 with vinyl gloves?

iluvcapra
replies: 10 views: 637
apple-q 3 weeks ago

I have a legacy system which needed reinstalling/rebuilding (don't ask). Avid has tried to send me an installer/plug-in for the...

mverta
replies: 2 views: 854
Firechild 3 weeks ago

I found this on the New Product Alert. Eventhough it’s targeted for music mixing, I find it well suited for post...

Dragomir
replies: 3 views: 1,859
David Carlyon 3 weeks ago

I have a 4 x 1 hr doc tv series coming up and need to playback the 5.1 mix from my studio in Vancouver to a studio in LA. Will...

pisser
replies: 4 views: 611
Henchman 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search