The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 125 views: 377,582
joe sixpak 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 215,842
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 69,618
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 92,607
saemola 15th August 2016

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 59 views: 4,565
Henchman 3 hours ago

Hello Post Crew At this point, in mid March 2019, is there any reason NOT to move up to High Sierra? I'm asking this in the...

postprosound
replies: 6 views: 411
iluvcapra 7 hours ago

Good day! I'm somewhat familiar with downmixing strategies and formulas (5.1 to stereo). I recently was at a rented studio...

Robocopchris
replies: 4 views: 308
Henchman 7 hours ago

I’ve recently borrowed a tablet (Intuos 4) from a colleague to see if it’ll help reduce symptoms of RSI (pain/discomfort in...

inf0l
replies: 6 views: 580
NReichman 1 day ago

How can I make a stereo file out of a 5.1 mix for my client to listen to without using a plugin? Is it okay to deliver a 5.1 mix...

asterix2k10
replies: 29 views: 4,748
SoundWeavers 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,442 views: 251,580
trexbeverly 2 days ago

After +- 1 hour operation: https://youtu.be/PGfXiSF3fFQ Any ideas? Thanks! Steve

stevep314
replies: 0 views: 177
stevep314 2 days ago

Hello All. I posted this in the Pro Tools forum and was recommend to post here. Me and a few other mixers in my circle are...

nycaudio
replies: 5 views: 783
nycaudio 3 days ago

Are most people here printing their final mixes in real-time to a track? I have been 'bouncing to disk' in non-real time which,...

Wheelie
replies: 21 views: 1,646
Sventeck 3 days ago

I’m wondering how most people organise VCA’s within VCA’s in relation to using VCA spill. I’m using an S3 and a dock. For...

Wheelie
replies: 4 views: 494
kosmokrator 4 days ago

We do a lot of remote recording sessions where the client connects via Skype video conference. I've been using an old security...

Mundox
replies: 26 views: 1,000
Mundox 5 days ago

HI Guys. I'm looking for an offline LUFS or LKFS plugin that will measure the file and spit out a report. I have very long...

Marogru
replies: 31 views: 14,992
snapmastering 5 days ago

Primary business is tv editorial. Doing more and more sound code ‘discovery’ work at home (yes, I know). Recommend a...

galaydees
replies: 5 views: 825
galaydees 6 days ago

Hello. I need some basic advice on what equipment I need, and a practical workflow, to be able to record myself playing the...

Galaxy M64
replies: 11 views: 559
David W. Jones 1 week ago

HI, Anybody know how to eject external hard drive without quitting Pro Tools ULTIMATE ? Regards wai :synth:

waikwanho
replies: 5 views: 715
Sventeck 1 week ago

Hello, So I am doing an assignment on the development of film sound and the Impact it has had on the film industry. For the...

lawted
replies: 1 views: 551
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Figured I'd start a thread in dedication to the abominable POS that is the Avid Video Engine. How on earth did they stuff this...

Hammer v2
replies: 41 views: 2,402
Mundox 1 week ago

This is my second series I've worked on, and specs for both had this similar thing going on: TP is like -2, while peak is...

frizzy
replies: 7 views: 555
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on tracklaying helicopters for an action film. I love hearing how different editors...

maria
replies: 18 views: 1,428
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

So rather than hijack another thread here are the questions... I've been told that "the SFX stem should be filled, i.e...

mattiasnyc
replies: 50 views: 2,414
philper 1 week ago

I get consitantly 0.2 lufs more when metering with Pro limiter that with Insight. Stuff that Insight and RX Loudness Control...

tha_lode
replies: 1 views: 450
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Hey, My friend and I have a short story running at a bit over 12 minutes. It is just a single actor in a cell. This is just a...

Audiodam
replies: 4 views: 557
Audiodam 1 week ago

Hi all, I’m currently in the process of setting up my 5.1 mixing suite. Planning on getting a Focusrite 18i20 hooked up to...

juzfuz89
replies: 5 views: 652
juzfuz89 1 week ago

Haven't looked too hard but I'm guessing someone here knows where this is already. I need a relatively simple generic article...

sleepwalkur
replies: 50 views: 9,390
007 1 week ago

Folks, I can't for the life of me find a tool that will rename my production WAV files using the metadata (Scene and take), but...

tangierc
replies: 12 views: 670
tangierc 1 week ago

Hello everybody, I'm currently in the process of planning an upgrade to my setup. I'll try to be as brief as possible, but also...

Lontra
replies: 9 views: 684
allklier 1 week ago

Dear colleagues, I'm working in a dialogue department and my job is connected with all the stuff (dialogue editing, ADR...

Praskovia
replies: 5 views: 619
apple-q 1 week ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and to Atmos and would appreciate any kind of help. I am based in Mumbai, India and we...

maverickwhistler
replies: 44 views: 3,516
bharathj63 1 week ago

Room size is roughly 15 ft long x 12 ft wide x 9.5 ft high. Distance between seating position and LCR speakers is roughly 9...

Sprkd1
replies: 9 views: 1,751
Sprkd1 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 79 views: 16,826
David W. Jones 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, does anyone of you have experience in taking a HT Atmos session and bringing it to a theatrical Atmos stage for...

kosmokrator
replies: 1 views: 527
JoeMilner 2 weeks ago

Hi Folks Just wondering if any of the GearSlutz folks have thoughts or observations on current projection equipment? I posted...

Ray JB
replies: 14 views: 1,753
apple-q 2 weeks ago

Question like in the title: how do you estimate time of audio post production? I mean how do you know how much time you need...

biardakmix
replies: 15 views: 1,392
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Hi sound peepz! Can't believe this is my first post?! Slutz was always present for me...kfhkh Anyhow: I just set up the...

AIRCONNAN
replies: 1 views: 492
Mundox 2 weeks ago

All, Do any of you have any insight into a Media Asset Manager that can deal with both Pro Tools sessions and Pro Tools...

quadraphonics
replies: 7 views: 714
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hi guys I have finished mixing a short film in 5.1 and the mix is ready to go for film festivals. Most of the festivals we...

cosmo_01
replies: 5 views: 592
cosmo_01 2 weeks ago

I’m on Sierra - been having some video and stability issues - anyone have a solid combo?

breaktheory
replies: 24 views: 1,291
SDDP 2 weeks ago

I have read several claims that JBL suspport and development since the Samsung take over is "lacking". I'd love to...

ErikG
replies: 11 views: 1,107
TheMuffinMan01 2 weeks ago

Just downloaded it, I kind of like it more than Nugen!!

TVPostSound
replies: 2 views: 927
Sventeck 2 weeks ago

I've been asked to do some audio production for radio adverts. Doe's anybody know what the standard levels are? I'm thinking,...

MrTinkle
replies: 68 views: 22,349
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions, likes/dislikes on these. I'm thinking of picking up one of them, but haven't used...

[email protected]
replies: 47 views: 21,411
ChuckyGold 3 weeks ago

Forgive my ignorance if that's what it is. I was under the impression that the ultimate bundle (2018.12) now includes a bevy...

mikevarela
replies: 2 views: 514
TVPostSound 3 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone has some real world experience with the TMC-1, particularly with X-Mon? Looking at incorporating into an...

matt82aust
replies: 1 views: 600
rcutz 3 weeks ago

Hey there, hoping to find some input from the cloud crowd on a job desciption/credit. Let's say you are brought on at the end of...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 10 views: 783
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

I was curious how everyone handles UK broadcast specs since they require you to have 6 frames of silence and black at the heads...

npatro22
replies: 0 views: 472
npatro22 3 weeks ago

Hi! I have been searching this forum with no luck for answers to this subject. I am building a medium sized post production...

Eirik
replies: 19 views: 2,813
belasoul 3 weeks ago

Howdy, I've started doing post work as a side project and it is going great. So great in fact that I really need to up my game...

Hammer v2
replies: 13 views: 1,296
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

Hi all - I work in games and often have 10,000+ lines of dialogue to mix and export separately. It takes me soo much time so I'd...

eyezenears
replies: 8 views: 1,138
Ienjoyaudio 3 weeks ago

Hello with everyone I have a problem with the MIDI theme. It is said that every MIDI controller or keyboard sends data through 16...

Kevin BG
replies: 1 views: 448
jerry123 3 weeks ago

Hi Audio Book gurus. What is your rule of thumb when it comes to estimating time to record an audio book. Say a novel that has...

Mundox
replies: 1 views: 583
seanmccoy 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search