The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 128 views: 395,194
iluvcapra 4th November 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 78,654
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 102,157
saemola 15th August 2016

Just wondering how many here are now using Nuendo for their work DAW vs ProTools?

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 134 views: 7,124
Papanate 3 hours ago

Anyone using plugin this on Pro Tools 2019.10? Also tested with the tested version of PT12.8 Was given a polywav recorded on...

TVPostSound
replies: 3 views: 417
huub 4 hours ago

Any recommendations for Phoenix or Tucson? Thanks!!!

Travelers
replies: 2 views: 552
dr.sound 7 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,515 views: 267,790
subbasshead 11 hours ago

Today JBL officially announced they finally are making the 7 series monitors in a powered version. Available as the 705P or the...

Dan Smith
replies: 154 views: 18,933
JblKid95 14 hours ago

The New Mac Pro Can Be Ordered starting Dec...

dr.sound
replies: 17 views: 1,109
SDDP 15 hours ago

Where does one learn all about NUENDO? I am aware of many Cubase learning resources. However, I would greatly appreciate it if...

workstation15
replies: 2 views: 519
spiderman 1 day ago

I found this on the New Product Alert. Eventhough it’s targeted for music mixing, I find it well suited for post...

Dragomir
replies: 0 views: 547
Dragomir 1 day ago

Does anybody know a Bay Area studio (post or otherwise) that has an Avid S6 where I could rent the room for a few hours to work...

basehead617
replies: 2 views: 487
philper 1 day ago

Creating some four channel (quad) ambience sounds for a game I'm working on, however somewhat lacking in the source material - I...

mahoobley
replies: 192 views: 33,031
mgoorevich 2 days ago

Hey there, First of all, I am pretty new to the world of audio plugin development. However I have a passion for both audio...

bgraf
replies: 5 views: 448
bgraf 2 days ago

I currently own a 5.1 LSR 6328p + 6312P sub. My new room dimension is 22' (L) x 11' (W) x 7.5' (H). I intend to invest in a HT...

Badaboom
replies: 8 views: 469
dr.sound 3 days ago

Saw this pop up just...

Jamie Mac
replies: 42 views: 5,863
~ufo~ 4 days ago

I searched for few previous posts here but still feel I can ask for another advise:-) I need a medium size 5.1 mixing stage in...

mgoorevich
replies: 17 views: 1,119
NReichman 4 days ago

A few things.. When we mix we build trust with the client. Most clients don’t know the Ins and outs of Sound Mixing to...

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 463
Leverson 5 days ago

I need to pan multichannel tracks in ProTools, for which Spanner is pretty much the perfect tool, but, it's one of the few...

adamscriv
replies: 17 views: 1,624
Andrew Mottl 5 days ago

Please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lcB9u-9mVE FWIW

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 2 views: 374
floyd atema 6 days ago
replies: - views: -
zinzin 1 week ago

Hey, all. Avid's offering this plug at an attractive price, but I'm wondering if anybody who's compared it to our many other...

seanmccoy
replies: 14 views: 2,011
nat0101 1 week ago

Hi guys. I have a weird issue with my 5.1 JBL setup. The speakers seem to be missing phantom center. When playing a mono...

tha_lode
replies: 7 views: 903
tha_lode 1 week ago

Pretty impressive development pace from Blackmagic... and they seem to know what they're...

nucelar
replies: 93 views: 8,189
matt82aust 1 week ago

Hello there, I've been doing post sound from my own 5.1 mix room for about 6 years now, working at a post facility for a few...

soundandpicture
replies: 6 views: 682
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hey, question to everyone with a hardware RMU/renderer. Can you be sure that the .atmos is perfectly sync to picture? The...

kosmokrator
replies: 21 views: 1,631
huub 1 week ago

Good day! I searched for the appropriate topic in this section, but did not find it. Share your experience using Transient...

Vsevolod777
replies: 12 views: 1,043
Ovee 1 week ago

I've been using Movavi conversion software to convert DVD to MP4. The video edits start out fine but gradually get more and more...

Invisibleflash
replies: 1 views: 376
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

Hi, I'm not new to mixing, but fairly new to mixing larger projects, like full length documentary's or movies, and I need some...

speakerfood
replies: 12 views: 736
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Looking for an ADR studio in Vienna or area for an upcoming ABC series, any recommends? Will need ISDN or Source Connect to LA...

pisser
replies: 5 views: 1,411
DaVogi 2 weeks ago

Recently I got an old TC electronic DB-8 (the old, original "MK1"). The frame was delivered with frame and dsp version...

echoRausch
replies: 0 views: 377
echoRausch 2 weeks ago

Looking for sound recordist in Pakistan for feature film. Also looking to buy sound libraries (nature, voices) Please reply here...

ManuG
replies: 1 views: 412
DoctorSonic 2 weeks ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 13 views: 6,792
user i477533222 2 weeks ago

Let's start a thread of this year's Black Friday deals! We invite everyone to share what they're selling/buying :) Here at...

KickingSnares
replies: 0 views: 609
KickingSnares 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I've recently received the material of an indie film. Beforehand I've asked the picture editor to export an AAF...

cinetj
replies: 7 views: 1,602
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to the world of video tech, and am having some slightly peculiar issues on my Pro Tools HDX...

LDStudios
replies: 54 views: 2,612
LDStudios 2 weeks ago

Hello guys, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_FkNLoZVEA&feature=youtu.be&t=490 *if link doesnt work properly, it starts...

Dissio
replies: 2 views: 503
Papanate 2 weeks ago

Hi guys! Is my first time in this forum and i would like to know about plugins better than cla 76. I'm my opinion this like...

G. House Brown
replies: 0 views: 413
G. House Brown 2 weeks ago

Would like to hear from someone who's done this or in the process. I went to https://www.copyright.gov and did some reading. I'm...

bill5
replies: 32 views: 1,051
Noisewagon 2 weeks ago

Hey all, tl;dr: Any problems mixing Genelec 8040s with 8010s in a 5.1 setup? Soz if this has been asked before,...

skillbard
replies: 3 views: 558
skillbard 3 weeks ago

Hi, Does anybody know if iphone 4 ringtones are copyrighted for use in a fiction feature film ? I mean a character has an...

Stieglitz
replies: 12 views: 18,153
saracovar 3 weeks ago

Hi guys I'm having trouble trying to do a "save copy in" in pro tools, the progress bar gets stuck at the end and...

SizMixing
replies: 5 views: 882
Cuchillito 3 weeks ago

I'm working on an 5.1 upmix project for an older TV show for release onto blu-ray. The materials are delivered in LtRt. I want to...

kronos78
replies: 15 views: 3,607
neilwilkes 3 weeks ago

Someone I know recorded an album at a studio. They are willing to give him MP3s of his stuff, but said they would charge extra...

bill5
replies: 5 views: 626
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

No affiliation, but I do hug my iZotope plugins every night. PSE are giving away a copy of PT Ultimate, Izotope PPS, some Krotos...

LDStudios
replies: 1 views: 514
Colourdotz 3 weeks ago

Hello, was wondering if anyone can take a listen to the following clip and give their opinion as to whether or not it can be...

stringz23
replies: 11 views: 1,092
apple-q 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for a Iran / Teheran sound library (backgrounds) or a local recordist. Anyone know of anything? Thanks!

shock
replies: 9 views: 2,171
eoats 3 weeks ago

Any MTRX s6 guys out there? I posted this on DUC but no traction. I have just added a MTRX to my set up. Its a trashcan 12...

HoPMiX
replies: 10 views: 729
thierryd 3 weeks ago

Can anybody with experience with both mics please tell me how the CSS-5 in mono mode compares to the CS3e? There doesn't seem to...

cvj
replies: 3 views: 598
Farhoof 3 weeks ago

Here's Avid's response to the NEW Mac Pro: Avid “Avid’s Pro Tools team is blown away by the unprecedented processing power...

dr.sound
replies: 60 views: 5,235
jason kalman 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, I'm in the fortunate position to be able to sit on a DFC over the next few weeks under no pressure "on the...

FullFrequency
replies: 29 views: 5,433
midiyuga 3 weeks ago

Hi, So I mixed a 45 minute documentary last month, did the stereo mix in Pro Tools, all is well...everyone was happy. Got a...

SDB_12
replies: 9 views: 994
Airon 3 weeks ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 138 views: 11,424
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search