2nd December 2020 Views: 671
Views: 671
2nd December 2020
Announcement: Cyber Week 2020 Whitecat
27th November 2020 Views: 1,541
Views: 1,541
27th November 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 419,063
audionuma 25th May 2020

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 90,833
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 116,451
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi, I have a project where some non-pros come to our studio to read and improvise some lines. I can't ask them for proper...

nucelar
replies: 5 views: 328
Simplicisimus 4 hours ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 16 views: 8,423
AstralBody 5 hours ago

I've been pulling the stereo music tracks slightly into the surrounds for years. I recently got a trial of Penteo 16 Pro but it...

quaileqqs
replies: 2 views: 191
Garret 8 hours ago

Would be used for doing Atmos premixes in a small/mid sized mix room.

quaileqqs
replies: 1 views: 117
Tapwatr 16 hours ago

I've been pulling the stereo music tracks slightly into the surrounds for years. I recently got a trial of Penteo 16 Pro but it...

quaileqqs
replies: 0 views: 115
quaileqqs 18 hours ago

Hi all! Question for all of you who use PT and have a non US keyboard. Have you figured out how to automagically change...

tha_lode
replies: 3 views: 172
Vytis 22 hours ago

Hey! Will be mixing 5 commercials next week which will be on streaming services for a few months. I'm used to mix for social...

andybody
replies: 2 views: 155
andybody 1 day ago

Looking for speaker EQ for my small 5.1 mixroom. Trinnov seems to be the best, but the Trinnov MC 8 + it's microphone will be...

KSMUSIC
replies: 16 views: 1,083
Steven1145 1 day ago

The new Focusrite R1 Controller looks nice. But would this be like a monitor controller, and would this be better than a...

hpmsound
replies: 10 views: 3,539
mgoorevich 1 day ago

Please delete, duplicate

nucelar
replies: 0 views: 110
nucelar 1 day ago

hi Here is two files, one no processed and one processed. Recorded on sm7b with cm-1 mic booster into scarlett 18in8 gain at...

foler
replies: 6 views: 286
foler 2 days ago

There appears to a few different options. I know CanOpener is also good for mixing. I thought I'd focus on the four plugins that...

barbital
replies: 0 views: 155
barbital 2 days ago

Hi everyone, With covid being a thing, I am having trouble getting a proper walla session going. Can anyone recommend any good...

soundandpicture
replies: 0 views: 179
soundandpicture 2 days ago

What formats are you using for compressed surround files? M4a? ALAC? Pros/cons to each?

mizzle
replies: 12 views: 450
NReichman 2 days ago

I've been a massive fan of iZotope for a long time, but I really think they've s*** the bed in terms of value and fairness...

marsh_e79
replies: 95 views: 7,231
Kva 3 days ago

Hi I don't understand one thing in panning 5.1 in protools. If I pan mono source into 5.1 master, with X/Y pad and I set it to...

dvep
replies: 1 views: 408
Edalicious 4 days ago

Hey guys, new here. So I have to mix/master audio for a Music program (with some dialogue) that will be broadcast on TV. Any...

NewtoPT
replies: 6 views: 449
NewtoPT 4 days ago

New to this, hope this is the right forum. Im trying to improve my Alternative Rock Mixing. Any tips would be appreciated. Link...

BadboysBadboys
replies: 10 views: 693
BadboysBadboys 4 days ago

I have been part of the Beta team on an Amazing New Dolby Atmos Capable Immersive Reverb : LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms...

dr.sound
replies: 18 views: 1,985
philper 4 days ago

Big new Davinci / Fairlight update has just come out with some tasty...

matt82aust
replies: 27 views: 5,114
David Spearritt 4 days ago

So, there are obviously many tools for simulating indoor spaces: pretty much every reverb on the market is some form of...

mizzle
replies: 20 views: 5,837
mizzle 5 days ago

Is it probable that Waves will have a black firday sale on wup updates?

tha_lode
replies: 6 views: 610
nst7 5 days ago

I am aware that Netflix and others stream 7.1, but are there streaming services for music in 7.1 anywhere? If not, how about...

mizzle
replies: 5 views: 539
banthafood 6 days ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 40 views: 5,320
banthafood 6 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,605 views: 290,327
stosht 6 days ago

There are some newer soundbars out there with Dolby Atmos capability, some even up to 9.1.4. Has anyone here heard their mixes on...

mizzle
replies: 2 views: 348
mizzle 6 days ago

COMING FEBRUARY 2021- PUEBLO AUDIO's NEW JR2/2-ADR • Dual Mic Preamp with Gain Pots &...

PuebloAudio
replies: 12 views: 895
Mundox 1 week ago

So, Nuendo 11 is coming. With full Dolby Atmos support amongst other new features. It will be possible to export Atmos mixes...

Vytis
replies: 8 views: 774
Oliver.Lucas 1 week ago

Im considering a switch from Madi to Dante (or run both not decided) but I have not really found a lot of interesting IO...

ErikG
replies: 12 views: 1,800
rcutz 1 week ago

So, I mixed a short film the other day and this happened: -Basic stereo mix for Youtube, some music, some dialogue and...

FixMy106
replies: 12 views: 1,041
originalscottyg 1 week ago

Hi :) I can not get Cubase to recognize my DeckLink card(s). Can someone suggest sw that will allow me to load video, play...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 11 views: 3,882
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved anybody...

cebolao
replies: 12 views: 2,395
akinla 1 week ago

for me it's weird, after 20+ years i kind of got used to the "classic" mode but - finally the screen is not shining...

cebolao
replies: 30 views: 4,804
nucelar 1 week ago

Hey guys, just had a VO recording session with a non-pro VO talent at home and producer also at home (for Covid...

kosmokrator
replies: 2 views: 709
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hi fellow Slutz! For a project that we are currently working on we are desperately seeking Maltese Walla. From simple...

Pedro_vde
replies: 1 views: 359
Newmann 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, and a prosperous new year for all. I have a stereo file that the bass is on the left channel only, and I'm...

Basslik
replies: 13 views: 1,256
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hi all. I hope you can help me with some hardware/software recommendations. Background: I recently got into producing my...

MrJof
replies: 7 views: 734
Dear Reality 2 weeks ago

Current setup. -7.1 TV/film predub room JBL cinema speakers (M220) I'm very comfortable mixing and cutting in. I've done ton...

feaker
replies: 8 views: 2,445
Sventeck 2 weeks ago

I saw this great list in this forum. https://www.rtw.com/en/blog/worldwide-loudness-delivery-standards.html Can somebody in post...

JDN
replies: 7 views: 875
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Supposedly this is possible. Not just the bed mixing 7.1.4 (or whatever the current iteration is), but the object placement with...

mizzle
replies: 2 views: 644
mizzle 2 weeks ago

S6 users - do you prefer screens or displays? For those that prefer AND displays the placement of screens has to be moved to the...

ErikG
replies: 3 views: 985
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hello all! I posted this in the "So Much Gear, So Little Time" room, got some great feedback, and also got a great...

bluesmonk
replies: 3 views: 981
huub 2 weeks ago

Hi, We Sound Effects is looking for some collaborators/contributors to We Sound Effects Blog. Our blog focus on supporting the...

We Sound Effects
replies: 0 views: 398
We Sound Effects 2 weeks ago

Hi forum, unless I had somehow missed it before, this is new. Apple now supports DNxHD on OS level. You can play DNxHD files...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 3 views: 1,204
NReichman 2 weeks ago

Hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my graphic card due to solve some driver issues that cause trouble with a software which...

aliyjam
replies: 2 views: 1,473
aliyjam 2 weeks ago

So, from one perspective it seems better to mix to Third-Order Ambisonics, then downmix to any of the needed output formats for...

mizzle
replies: 4 views: 481
mizzle 2 weeks ago

This guy was playing Persona 5 and got this from Twitch. https://twitter.com/michalroninnerd/status/1326121772144529410 Is...

Airon
replies: 0 views: 436
Airon 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 103 views: 29,805
gorguts6 3 weeks ago

Is it any good? I know it's not going to be the same as discrete speakers...but I'm doing more immersive stuff, and what I'd like...

Led
replies: 31 views: 6,219
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

Hi! Do you always setup your template the same for every project-type, like having a "master template" that is a...

pettah93
replies: 9 views: 6,036
berniebeaudry 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search