The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 121 views: 364,300
egoboo 10th May 2018

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 203,953
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 64,213
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 86,541
saemola 15th August 2016

I have been scouring for info and I'm really coming up short. I also live in the middle of the country, not near LA or NY so...

EricWatkins
replies: 8 views: 425
EricWatkins 1 day ago

Needed to mix a commercial during my holiday in Portugal and what better excuse to do that at Branko Neskov’s studio. A BIG...

pethenis
replies: 2 views: 454
Branko 1 day ago

Hi, Does anyone have any experience doing a layback of Atmos audio to final picture? I did the mix and have bwave files as well...

coaxmw
replies: 2 views: 390
coaxmw 1 day ago

Hi, Setting up my own studio - will be for TV mixing and sound FX edit work on tv/film and looking into controllers at the...

D'Animation
replies: 18 views: 734
NReichman 2 days ago

Just received specs for a new series I am mixing for Youtube Red. For the Youtube master all they say is "● Audio will...

pisser
replies: 7 views: 931
kosmokrator 3 days ago

So I was watching some Nash Bridges on my lunch break and was thinking about how so many re-runs have the sound all compressed to...

derekderek
replies: 13 views: 758
iluvcapra 3 days ago

Hey all, I would love to be able to consolidate all my AD/DAs in one box and the MTRX seems like an ideal candidate. I was...

sonicparticle
replies: 9 views: 559
rcutz 3 days ago

hey guys i am looking for some good tools to clean up the dialogue tracks.. i was working on a track the other day and found it...

bigwignjhxc
replies: 12 views: 4,802
tha_lode 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,387 views: 239,288
subbasshead 4 days ago

Hi Folks Just wondering if any of the GearSlutz folks have thoughts or observations on current projection equipment? I posted...

Ray JB
replies: 11 views: 847
Dragomir 4 days ago

Hi, Just wondering what (or IF??) everyone is using for a hardware firewall box across their studio. Its for a 1 user studio,...

D'Animation
replies: 2 views: 407
D'Animation 4 days ago

I hope this is the right forum for this type of questions. I'm new to gearslutz. I did audio production in college, but I don't...

aj375
replies: 6 views: 482
aj375 5 days ago

Has anybody had a chance to try the new noise reduction plugin from McDSP? I'm curious to hear opinions from the pros. I...

conleec
replies: 17 views: 1,748
conleec 5 days ago

Sad news for the LA post-production community... Technicolor to Shut Down Feature Film Sound Division Amid Restructuring...

MusicTrax
replies: 72 views: 3,657
caioguerin 6 days ago

Saw “ Mission Impossible:Fallout” last night in DTSX at “The Grove” .WOW❗️What a Film!! The Story, The Acting, The...

dr.sound
replies: 11 views: 1,022
quadraphonics 6 days ago

is there any DAW which allows for wider bussing than Pro Tools' 7.1 or 7.1.2? Or even better, allowing free choice of output...

Branko
replies: 6 views: 918
caioguerin 6 days ago

would you put sound designer or sound editor down? I want to get more work - have worked as everything from re-recording/...

shepshed
replies: 8 views: 858
[email protected] 1 week ago

Hello fellow music enthusiasts! I have a question for you--can you identify for me some of the 20 or more sounds used in a...

Mr. Cringe
replies: 5 views: 595
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hiya What are you guys using as a mp4 (or any other format for that matter) to quicktime mov converter? what are good and...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 41 views: 3,307
minister 1 week ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 29 views: 3,710
apple-q 1 week ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 178 views: 12,282
Emanuel23 1 week ago

I'm a bit lost with all the available options and older suggestions so let's ask! Okay, example: I have a video in .mkv or...

Dynamikemusic
replies: 6 views: 436
Mundox 1 week ago

Hello all, Are there any hardware meters that will do level and phase for a 7.1.4 or 9.1.6 signal? I know of the RTW...

quadraphonics
replies: 2 views: 454
quadraphonics 1 week ago

So I need to some help with this. I'm not a newbie so I'm in music production for quite some time, but it's my first time dealing...

andreineagu
replies: 1 views: 368
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi guys and gals, I'm working with a VO that was recorded with a boom mic and Zoom recorder. This is for the narrator on an...

Lazer Toms
replies: 30 views: 1,711
mbvoxx 1 week ago

I realize this is more of a film mixing question but... I am in the process of creating a dedicated home theater room and of...

KevWind
replies: 45 views: 9,237
mixerguy 1 week ago

Hi friends! I am selling my Cedar Audio DNS3000 dialogue noise suppressor. Details in the Gearslutz second hand classified...

dmitri
replies: 2 views: 837
dmitri 1 week ago

Looking for Mexican ambiences (walla / city, nature, cicadas) and local sound fx recordist for hire to record some very specific...

ManuG
replies: 2 views: 613
ManuG 1 week ago

Does anyone have a copy or can you tell me what they are? Thanks

pethenis
replies: 1 views: 451
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

I want to buy Rycote Modular Windshield for MS Neumann KM184 + Emesser. I am looking for the smallest WS for this MS...

zazz
replies: 4 views: 493
zazz 2 weeks ago

Does this exist? I’m looking for a 4K card for my silver tower but I can’t seem to find one anywhere that isn’t a modified...

breaktheory
replies: 46 views: 2,010
MediaGary 2 weeks ago

Hello, i'm coming from writing/mixing music for documentations and lectures, but now have a job that involves mixing the whole...

noisekeeper
replies: 20 views: 814
noisekeeper 2 weeks ago

Hi all, Just wondering how much time you guys/girls are usually allocated to Mic somebody up with a lavalier (concealed), I...

Rk10
replies: 2 views: 559
philper 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, Gastón here, long time reader - first time poster. After being involved in music production and...

sonabit
replies: 3 views: 624
pethenis 2 weeks ago

Have been doing small audio post projects from home for a few months now. Been receiving the "final" AAFs or OMFs...

Hammer v2
replies: 32 views: 1,060
gradivus 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, I'm working on a little WWI doco and I'm trying to find some sound effects of the planes used - The Sopwith Camel....

xoeyumyum
replies: 3 views: 457
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

For those working in smaller rooms, I'm curious how close your near-fields are to your mix position. I mix in a room that's only...

Sonic Mafia
replies: 5 views: 606
DominicBartolini 2 weeks ago

I use basehead as my main Sfx library search engine and I think it's awesome. I'm having a strange bug however where if I'm...

Calumw
replies: 0 views: 415
Calumw 2 weeks ago

Mostly doing TV (NGC, Discovery, PBS as my highest profile broadcasters a few times a year, indie stuff as my bread and butter)...

pethenis
replies: 12 views: 823
smurfyou 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody, Whats your go to Effects Chain for TVC mixing (dialogue)? Any plugins i should check out? Thanks,

Rk10
replies: 4 views: 643
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago
replies: 2 views: 531
gsilbers 2 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 591
originalscottyg 2 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend a good external mic to mount on my video cam for a direct mic in? Hotshoe mountable ideal !

breaktheory
replies: 1 views: 426
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Going on safari! Using pcm d-100 at 96/24 to record what I imagine will be mostly ambiences - newb question but should I be on 0...

breaktheory
replies: 10 views: 611
breaktheory 2 weeks ago

I've searched already, but we've had some new releases in the meantime, so I'm posing the question again. For cheap 'n'...

ThisIsSka
replies: 33 views: 7,141
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

When I mix a film I keep a transparent brick wall limit at -3 on my busses as a safety. Im interested in what career theatre film...

joemix33
replies: 5 views: 706
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

I do dubbing in several languages, based in Bangkok Thailand. I and contemplating going to IBC, in order to source more...

nickkbh
replies: 3 views: 467
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Sorry - Wrong forum.

Mepha
replies: 2 views: 536
Mepha 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, it's Emilia from Finland - I hope you don't mind my English, it's certainly not the best in the world. Right now I...

Emilia
replies: 1 views: 531
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

Hi all, Working on a project with a lot of archive at the moment that is arriving in as H264, with audio encoded as AAC. It is...

Pantone
replies: 7 views: 559
Leverson 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search