The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 412,502
audionuma 1 week ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 87,913
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 113,552
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi Guys, which iMac mini you would recommend to get for mixing in atmos? I get one but get hardware error constantly to increase...

lgabor
replies: 5 views: 315
TheMuffinMan01 22 minutes ago

I've been playing with the Control App all weekend, but man my head hurts and time's running out getting the room set up (7.1.4) ...

pablovius
replies: 0 views: 66
pablovius 2 hours ago

Does anyone use RGB keyboard in daily use? I don't mean this :synth: but rather for typing. What I mean is, if you use it,...

Barajevic
replies: 7 views: 697
lovekrafty 6 hours ago

Is anyone able to run Cedar DNS One AAX plugin with Catalina? I know it says that it isn't supported, but I wasn't sure if it was...

E Baxter Put
replies: 10 views: 846
E Baxter Put 7 hours ago

Dear Colleagues, I really wanted to make like a poll so everybody can vote but this is my first thread so I am new to this. I...

Tonisevero
replies: 23 views: 870
smurfyou 22 hours ago

I have been part of the Beta team on an Amazing New Dolby Atmos Capable Immersive Reverb : LiquidSonics Announce Cinematic Rooms...

dr.sound
replies: 6 views: 626
Wheelie 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,569 views: 281,064
joibjarna 2 days ago

Hi Guys, I just started to setup pro tools for 7.1.2 Atmos mixing...I had setup up the interface and the routing and...

lgabor
replies: 1 views: 345
quadraphonics 2 days ago

Is it possible to apply EQ to another effect before it is being applied to the audio signal? I was wondering because if I want...

Allegretto
replies: 2 views: 326
quadraphonics 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
NReichman 3 days ago

I'm looking to buy my first sfx library that would cover most of the general sfx I would need. Basic stuff plus extras. Right now...

NoctemAudio
replies: 24 views: 7,696
SDDP 3 days ago

Just looking for a good all-rounder for magical effects, like spells, ambiences etc. Cheers,

dirtROBOT
replies: 4 views: 361
dirtROBOT 3 days ago

Hi, I've been recording VO for myself and others at home in a reasonably well-treated room, some nice enough gear then processing...

Sanchez
replies: 14 views: 665
Sanchez 3 days ago

Hi! I always aim for -15LUFS for everything going to Youtube/Web. But I just got a message that my mix was to hot and denied by...

pettah93
replies: 38 views: 1,858
seanmccoy 4 days ago

I've been waiting over a year for Dolby Production Suite for windows. Buying an overpriced Mac Pro for one program and...

sm5
replies: 17 views: 965
krabbencutter 4 days ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 175 views: 17,900
Audiograce 1 week ago

The short article about what plug-ins processing we do apply to Foley. Hopefully, it will help to somebody. Please share your...

kiddius
replies: 0 views: 340
kiddius 1 week ago
replies: 1 views: 396
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

What do you think of replicated designs of sound effects in commercial libraries? Recently I have seen more and more sound...

_tweak_
replies: 2 views: 562
_tweak_ 1 week ago

This episode of Mythic Quest airs today and was captured completely on iPhones (picture AND sound). It turned out pretty...

srheiss
replies: 4 views: 620
TVPostSound 1 week ago

Good day! I searched for the appropriate topic in this section, but did not find it. Share your experience using Transient...

Vsevolod777
replies: 14 views: 1,840
brandoncross 1 week ago

Want to learn how to create futuristic robotic and mech sound effects? Check out this sound design tutorial by Chase...

aand
replies: 0 views: 239
aand 1 week ago

Hello, I'm a young composer and audio engineer interested in pursuing a career in composition and audio post production for...

Synthbrass
replies: 13 views: 1,265
huub 1 week ago

Hi, Here's the outcome --- I need to regularly do long-form narration (think podcasts, radio shows w/o an engineer on the...

mc2600
replies: 3 views: 615
Airon 1 week ago

Hello to Everyone, just setting up a room with a 7.1.4 setup with Adam speakers and an Adam sub. I set up the sub as the front...

lgabor
replies: 10 views: 660
Garret 1 week ago

Kindof obscure subject- is there a plugin for simulating a pre-Dolby sound optical? Not just the pops or scratches but also the...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 774
Branko 1 week ago

Hello All, Is there a simpli(ish) way to use a connected iPad as an audio monitor source in Pro Tools without too much work?...

quadraphonics
replies: 13 views: 1,744
Mundox 1 week ago

This post is about killing 2 birds with one stone. I feel that Protools fixed internal bus structure is a huge roadblock when...

Suite Surround
replies: 9 views: 671
Suite Surround 2 weeks ago

Hey guys just wonder what other plugins offer a true linear crossfade, so far the only one i've found to do it properly is Bob...

Leon88
replies: 1 views: 374
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to help a now-retired client dispose of several long-form multicam series worth of Betacam and Digibeta tapes that he...

philper
replies: 1 views: 352
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hello, I'm new to Nuendo and I'm looking for essential automation functions but I don't find them in the manual. I'd be...

torpor
replies: 1 views: 356
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

I know the industry standard is ProTools, but I also want to use Reaper which I'm really fond of. Therefore, I've been looking...

siniarch
replies: 11 views: 1,231
siniarch 2 weeks ago

hi all, I mostly work out of a facility doing post editorial (DX, ADR Spotting, FX, and FOL) however sometimes I take work...

blindsidejamie
replies: 1 views: 438
E Baxter Put 2 weeks ago

Good morning fellow Post-folk, I'm looking at the 2 exponential audio verbs, Stratus and Symphony. listening, they both seem...

postprosound
replies: 25 views: 3,610
sm5 2 weeks ago

Here's Avid's response to the NEW Mac Pro: Avid “Avid’s Pro Tools team is blown away by the unprecedented processing power...

dr.sound
replies: 67 views: 7,119
pentagon 2 weeks ago

Hi! I´m searching for a gain rider plugin for a LUFS target level. What would you recommend? 1. Waves Playlist rider 2....

Ronski
replies: 11 views: 1,047
Ronski 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 255 views: 229,764
jimj3114 2 weeks ago

I've been mixing in Dolby Atmos at some nice NY studios, but my home studio is still only 5.1/Dolby Atmos Production Suite. I've...

NReichman
replies: 25 views: 2,262
mh_bj 3 weeks ago

Hello fellow musicians, mixers and all audio enthusiasts, We are currently doing some investigation about surround panning for...

STJU
replies: 2 views: 535
Schmanuel 3 weeks ago
replies: 4 views: 614
Gideon K 3 weeks ago

I recently got inspired to look into what it might take to set up a 5.1 mix environment and went into a rather deep rabbit hole....

devnull
replies: 8 views: 908
siniarch 3 weeks ago

Hi, I need some help. I would like to make some dubbing work for a film. I use Pro Tools 9 HD. What do I need to make the...

HangArt
replies: 6 views: 2,336
aaron11432 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I just purchased the Clarity M for surround metering and I'm using it in Plug In Mode which works amazingly well! Is...

p35inc
replies: 1 views: 519
Jamie Mac 3 weeks ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 34 views: 3,349
jhg 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I’m looking to upgrade my 5.1 monitoring system and I’m looking for suggestions. I’d prefer to keep the budget...

p35inc
replies: 2 views: 509
philper 3 weeks ago

Hi! I'm new to powerful metadata applications and trying to set up my sample libraries. Most libraries provide a metadata pdf...

vallaton
replies: 2 views: 437
vallaton 3 weeks ago

Since the grabber tool doesn't seem to work on folders has anyone figured out a way to do conforms (just using DX gds) on closed...

breaktheory
replies: 1 views: 433
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Has anyone experienced this...when I hit stop, PT rewinds by 2 frames...I've tried this with video on and offline and always - 2...

breaktheory
replies: 0 views: 322
breaktheory 3 weeks ago

It's what you think it is. Talent is stuck at home because of Covid and needs to record narration. The production company sent...

mattiasnyc
replies: 11 views: 603
bru95bg 3 weeks ago

Just out of curiosity, anyone tried to us an S3/S6 with vinyl gloves?

iluvcapra
replies: 10 views: 661
apple-q 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search