The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 59 views: 66,234
Airon 1 week ago

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 123 views: 370,508
jwh1192 13th September 2018

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 209,397
waikwanho 27th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 89,094
saemola 15th August 2016

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 55 views: 3,485
Girts 4 hours ago

Which sub would you suggest getting for a decent size cutting room with fairly large near field monitors (HR824 MK2)?

Timshults
replies: 3 views: 78
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

I've found DNx to be more reliable than ProRes for Pro Tools playback. Do others find the same, or is ProRes only an option going...

Pantone
replies: 3 views: 269
NReichman 11 hours ago

I'm looking for some inspiration and a fresh watch list of the best soundtracks in films from this year. I was wondering which...

maria
replies: 7 views: 562
Jared Paul 12 hours ago

Hi, Hoping it's the right forum. I'm running a music label and some of the songs I'm releasing have a music video. Videos are...

Widowsky
replies: 24 views: 769
chrisso 14 hours ago

Hello there, I'm searching for a decent workflow for a tedious job here :) I have several little games, which have a decent...

Absinth
replies: 5 views: 427
Airon 16 hours ago

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and to Atmos and would appreciate any kind of help. I am based in Mumbai, India and we...

maverickwhistler
replies: 39 views: 1,848
ErikG 16 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,410 views: 244,603
antinode 19 hours ago

I recently moved my gear out of my house into a commercial space and need to have it insured. My insurance broker has had...

cananball
replies: 10 views: 1,866
Callum Farmer 1 day ago

Ive been using a DPA 4006 for the past, at least 11 years. Same one, never let me down. But I want to get another flavour,...

nickkbh
replies: 0 views: 143
nickkbh 1 day ago

In my days in radio, we didn't have VoIP. We had old-school POTS lines. The options then were analog hybrids that did a just-okay...

Dave_Labrecque
replies: 7 views: 532
Mundox 2 days ago

Thought y'all might find this interesting... How to Compress Video without Compressing Audio "Why do this? Simple...

aceagon
replies: 0 views: 222
aceagon 3 days ago

hi, at the risk of sounding stupid, im going to apologise in advance. This stuff about LUFS is quite new to me, so I'm having...

susus123
replies: 2 views: 376
tom_lowe 3 days ago

Good Evening, To any on the forum who have experience with ATMOS Deliverables to Netflix and Amazon- Practically speaking,...

postprosound
replies: 4 views: 990
maverickwhistler 4 days ago

Hey guys. This might be an odd question, but does anyone know anything about the technical aspects of "the Phil Hendrie...

Kaiborg
replies: 2 views: 1,841
SoCalSurfDave 5 days ago

In a couple of weeks I will begin mixing an Amazon Studios series that will be in the Atmos format for home theater. It looks to...

ggegan
replies: 76 views: 7,596
PatrickFaith 5 days ago

Hare - rabbit fighting - do they make any sound? I have a hare/rabbit figt in a establishing shot. Would be fun if they do...

ErikG
replies: 13 views: 530
ErikG 5 days ago

Greetings does anyone know of a go video editing software with lots of lanes (audio snd video) and can output different formats...

NOC
replies: 10 views: 823
matucha 5 days ago

I just listened to the demo for MCDSP NR800. I like MCDSP in general, the SA2 is mighty useful for instance. I like their idea...

philper
replies: 22 views: 2,253
smurfyou 6 days ago

If all of the files in the original final cut session are WAV, and I got an exported OMF where those files were exported as AIFF,...

Pedantic Sound
replies: 12 views: 5,033
metaxis 1 week ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 7 views: 4,758
Squeegee 303 1 week ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is UA's first plugin aimed directly at re-recording mixers. UAD | AMS Neve DFC Channel...

Tapwatr
replies: 13 views: 1,157
Henchman 1 week ago

I was in a mixing room once that had a little app installed that with a key command would turn all the computer screens black so...

Tapwatr
replies: 11 views: 564
Tapwatr 1 week ago

Hi everyone, we are upgrading our 2.0 TV Mixroom (roughly 9m x 5m x 3,5m) to 5.1 and want to upgrade our Monitoring as well....

Heni40
replies: 22 views: 7,264
Bugstone 1 week ago

Coming from an NLE background I am used to being able to nest sequences. Is there a Daw that offers this functionality? (Eg...

TrevorA
replies: 7 views: 465
potscrubber 1 week ago

Hello Folks- I wondering which (fairly low budget) tool people would recommend for removing noise from film dialog (I record...

distorter
replies: 21 views: 8,320
Henchman 1 week ago

Apologies if this is an obvious question but I haven't been able to find an answer. I am prepping a 90minute sequence in...

klausky90
replies: 2 views: 353
Leverson 1 week ago

Thinking about starting up a side business next to my normal job. I want to do audio post production for certain outdoor films....

reddie
replies: 34 views: 1,675
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Looking for people's opinions on which computer to buy. I’m upgrading my home studio. I work in post and I am a mixer and sound...

KSMUSIC
replies: 67 views: 4,096
Timshults 1 week ago

Hi ������ I'm after some help regarding delay times and speaker set up please. I was asked to record a...

henry miller
replies: 1 views: 349
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Beta Testers for Sound Particles 2.0 We will release the new Sound Particles in a few weeks, and we are looking for beta...

Nuno Fonseca
replies: 0 views: 363
Nuno Fonseca 1 week ago

Avid MTRX

Hey all, I would love to be able to consolidate all my AD/DAs in one box and the MTRX seems like an ideal candidate. I was...

sonicparticle
replies: 38 views: 2,366
lukehatpadl 1 week ago

Hi, I am doing a post-production for a documentary that will be screened mainly in studio cinemas, reviews, etc. Definitely...

schmaletz
replies: 5 views: 537
pethenis 1 week ago

Hi, I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that's delivered to Amazon. It's a well written spec asking for almost...

jahtao
replies: 22 views: 2,166
Inglesworth 1 week ago

Can you recommend an online tutorial or workshop for 5.1 mixing on pro tools?

s_zunino
replies: 1 views: 675
jwh1192 2 weeks ago

So I am considering getting Komplete 12 as one of my next steps in gear purchase. Looking to probably get the Komplete 12 and...

Inglesworth
replies: 0 views: 366
Inglesworth 2 weeks ago

This post is for anyone who works with production dialogue. I’m a post mixer and I get a lot of dirty, noisy production audio,...

KSMUSIC
replies: 26 views: 1,877
philper 2 weeks ago

I need to make sure a external video editor has a good collection of sfx to help with the edit that they can keep through to the...

ErikG
replies: 6 views: 569
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

I got myself a present. A 12.9 ipad pro (2017), and a Pencil. Are anybody here using that combo for editing audio in RX via t.ex....

tha_lode
replies: 2 views: 581
tha_lode 2 weeks ago

I have a question for anyone who mixes post audio. I’ve been using a mixing template that was passed down to me through a...

KSMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 1,273
Inglesworth 2 weeks ago

So, Avid today announced an HD 12.8 version updating it with the Dolby Atmos capabilities. Mixing in Dolby Atmos became pretty...

mgoorevich
replies: 111 views: 9,434
Sndnerd 2 weeks ago

Hi There, Looking to see what other business owners or individuals use for a contract. I currently just use the agreed upon...

Travelers
replies: 0 views: 415
Travelers 2 weeks ago

My mentor just told me that after 45+ years he will be closing up his facility effective the 15th of this month. I was there last...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 38 views: 2,641
funkcity 2 weeks ago

Hey all, Yes, I googled. Lots of options. Anyone have a solid recommendation for a 1hr ADR session in Seattle? Thanks!

minister
replies: 4 views: 652
Benmrx 3 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 70 views: 14,294
ptfigg 3 weeks ago

Hey everyone! Seems like Audioease went under the radar with this one.. Just been to the audioease website and saw their new...

Karlsson
replies: 46 views: 4,698
phillus 3 weeks ago

HI Guys. I'm looking for an offline LUFS or LKFS plugin that will measure the file and spit out a report. I have very long...

Marogru
replies: 20 views: 12,643
ErikG 3 weeks ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 33 views: 4,686
Emanuel23 3 weeks ago

Anyone got that working properly? It's 2018 c'mon... (And no I'm not interested that Nuendo maybe can do that for years..)

kosmokrator
replies: 17 views: 1,040
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Whilst shopping for a dishwasher I saw a $3k Samsung refrigerator with a touchscreen and giant speaker built in. The speaker had...

smurfyou
replies: 0 views: 477
smurfyou 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search