The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 75,368
Pantone 7th August 2019

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 388,688
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 98,212
saemola 15th August 2016

HI all, For a new small mixing/writing space, i have the Dad AX32, JBL 705/708i and Crown DCi 8/300. Original plan is 5.1 but...

Badaboom
replies: 0 views: 75
Badaboom 4 hours ago

Hi! I've been asked to mix a 45 minute documentary. I'm planning to mix it to -24 LFKS to start, as I believe that is pretty...

SDB_12
replies: 10 views: 642
thierryd 8 hours ago

According to the manual switching to Surround mode and subsequently enabling the Auto-Mode of the Pink Noise Generator should...

davorfilms
replies: 7 views: 236
TVPostSound 8 hours ago

Hey, question to everyone with a hardware RMU/renderer. Can you be sure that the .atmos is perfectly sync to picture? The...

kosmokrator
replies: 20 views: 904
kosmokrator 8 hours ago

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to the world of video tech, and am having some slightly peculiar issues on my Pro Tools HDX...

LDStudios
replies: 45 views: 1,318
paulo m 14 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,488 views: 263,205
ArticulateSounds 2 days ago

How do you think about colors of tracks and events? Color by food group? By track? Does a events color hold a specific...

ErikG
replies: 10 views: 691
thebryanparker 3 days ago
replies: - views: -
Ovee 5 days ago

All, I have a bit of vacation time that I need to take in the next few months (First world problem, yes I know) and I was...

quadraphonics
replies: 0 views: 343
quadraphonics 5 days ago

Hi all, thinking of applying for a Netflix audio post studio certfication as part of np3 programme, but I heard about some IT...

paulo m
replies: 17 views: 956
pentagon 6 days ago

It seems most of my suppliers up here in the Great White North have stopped carrying these tapes. If you have a reliable...

CottageLunch
replies: 10 views: 1,804
Fredo 6 days ago

Hi there! I´m in the market for a affordable tv set for a small tv mixing stage. Been looking at...

KarmaPolice
replies: 0 views: 347
KarmaPolice 1 week ago

Hi Folks, I can certainly figure this out -- probably easily -- but I have a small window of time in which to do it. I have an...

minister
replies: 10 views: 791
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

This looks interesting. Everyone here seems to have a different idea of which upmixer sounds the best. Here's our chance to...

RecRoom
replies: 19 views: 2,417
Leverson 1 week ago

Hi folks, I thought I'd ask the question here, not as a "I don't know what to do" question, rather let's assume we...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 9 views: 903
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Pretty impressive development pace from Blackmagic... and they seem to know what they're...

nucelar
replies: 89 views: 6,406
PeterChamberlain 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I wonder if any of you may have used a video camera to capture lips and expressions when recording dialogue for...

Resonater
replies: 4 views: 393
David W. Jones 1 week ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 254 views: 225,071
waikwanho 1 week ago

Hi there! I'm considering an upgrade of my trusty Panasonic AE8000. It's been good to me over the years, but want to take a step...

Travelers
replies: 15 views: 983
thierryd 1 week ago

All over Hollywood today there have been issues with Pro Tools especially at Warner Brothers for example. I received this direct...

dr.sound
replies: 13 views: 1,288
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Since I have a small room, the side surrounds and back surrounds will be roughly 4 feet from the main listening position. Will...

Sprkd1
replies: 2 views: 784
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

I have a DAT containing a 28 min Dolby SR encoded LT RT sound originally destined for the 35 mm print. I can get the DAT onto...

crimsonnoise
replies: 15 views: 1,268
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

i did a quick search here on GS but couldn't find any threads... what do you guys use to convert mp4 files to...

cebolao
replies: 36 views: 6,089
Nikori 2 weeks ago

The DGA Theater installs 70 Meyer Acheron Speakers for their Dolby Atmos installation during the...

dr.sound
replies: 7 views: 1,236
cebolao 2 weeks ago

I just listened to the demo for MCDSP NR800. I like MCDSP in general, the SA2 is mighty useful for instance. I like their idea...

philper
replies: 28 views: 3,568
Bob Olhsson 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, for a few years now i have been wondering why audio that is broadcasted, whether it be movies, tv, radio etc has a...

Truthtrader
replies: 13 views: 1,579
thierryd 2 weeks ago

Does anybody know how I can obtain samples of movies which still have the original dialogue/voice acting but have all the...

The_Bunker
replies: 9 views: 942
The_Bunker 2 weeks ago

Howdy - first post in this forum. (Is this even the right forum for this question?) Really late to the party, I'm starting to...

musicus
replies: 7 views: 968
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

We're right now testing the LCR candidates for our new Dolby certified HT Atmos room: Neumann KH420, Genelec S360, JBL...

kosmokrator
replies: 29 views: 1,997
clipgod 2 weeks ago

Posting for posterity. For all you budding sound designers in film. There was a short interview with Paula Fairfield today after...

telecode
replies: 0 views: 141
telecode 2 weeks ago

Can anyone who has mixed in Dolby Atmos tell me if there is a solo in place function? I’ve combed several forums and cannot...

MarkDaniel
replies: 4 views: 902
pentagon 3 weeks ago

Hi, This may sound sound like a strange question. I need to mix and do little sound design for a documentary. The...

bebbo
replies: 6 views: 1,062
philper 3 weeks ago

We are about to upgrade some rooms here. Part of that will be moving from Waves v9.x to v10. I know there aren't a ton of...

quadraphonics
replies: 5 views: 1,071
faronorte 3 weeks ago

Hi, Having had a conversation with a fellow dialogue editor the other day, they said they were only using 8 tracks in total -...

GFPCJ
replies: 20 views: 1,982
Serge Modular 3 weeks ago

I'm gonna be working on a doc that involves a lot of Haiti b-roll and would love to use legit recordings from the island wherever...

Mister_T
replies: 2 views: 831
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I've taken on a project to help a friend cleaning up and editing audio for a short documentary. However, I'm having a...

Riinehart
replies: 11 views: 976
Runaway 3 weeks ago

Hopefully someone can help me out with this... We ordered a M.O.M controller 3 weeks ago from Digital Audio Denmark (DAD),...

TheWorkRoom
replies: 0 views: 679
TheWorkRoom 3 weeks ago

I'm using 5 x JBL LSR6328P + sub and about to add another kit for a new small mixing space (music and post). The JBL are...

Badaboom
replies: 8 views: 846
philper 3 weeks ago

hello together, we are planning to upgrade our TV mixing stage to 5.1. Time to let go of the 1032As (moving to a different...

Heni40
replies: 10 views: 3,026
SeanLX 3 weeks ago

Hello, We'll be mixing a show for BBC / Beyond that has VO/MX/FX only, no production dialog. In this case, how would they like...

Mundox
replies: 4 views: 988
mattiasnyc 4 weeks ago

My mixes for youtube according to the old specification are now read as -1 db (they were 0db).

Piotr Kubiak
replies: 0 views: 714
Piotr Kubiak 4 weeks ago

I would like to hear from film re-recording mixers based around Nuendo. - Is there an equivalent of Pro Tools "Write to...

Vytis
replies: 6 views: 1,409
Airon 4 weeks ago

Just sharing Krotos Audio's new 'Sound Design from the Sofa' Series with Dan Mellins-Cohen demonstrating how you can quickly and...

Krotos
replies: 3 views: 1,205
Vsevolod777 4 weeks ago

I did a theatrical mix earlier last month in 5.1, and now a distributor has come back and asked us to do an upmix in Atmos. I...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 1,133
perfectsurround 4 weeks ago

A Story Featuring Foley Artists https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/the-hardest-sound-i-ever-created.html

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 853
RayHeath 4 weeks ago

I'm trying to get an AAF export out of a FCPX project - the client sent me a drive with a XML file (and all the media assets on...

Alon Wolman
replies: 3 views: 761
Mundox 4 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the right spot on Gearslutz for this topic. I am trying to import + edit + export a DRM protected Karaoke...

Emanuel23
replies: 4 views: 1,059
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

UK broadcast gurus help me out here... Why does LBC radio sound demonstrably louder than BBC radio? What are the standards...

noiseflaw
replies: 0 views: 585
noiseflaw 4 weeks ago

Atmos Home Theater Mix In a couple of weeks I will begin mixing an Amazon Studios series that will be in the Atmos format for...

dungpham
replies: 15 views: 1,416
paulo m 9th September 2019

Hi all, One of our clients that we record IVR messages for is considering switching to another platform that uses higher quality...

Big bad SOB
replies: 5 views: 1,225
NReichman 8th September 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search