The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 66 views: 92,190
dr.sound 13th December 2020

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 421,425
audionuma 25th May 2020

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 117,444
saemola 15th August 2016

I've been mixing TV documentaries for a couple of years now quite happily using the internal Avid Video engine and a window on...

Hammer v2
replies: 14 views: 568
Fresler 1 hour ago

Hi. Im thinking about expanding my inhouse (my own studio) options with expanding to 5.1 (till now mixed in rented...

Drorsh4
replies: 4 views: 297
brandoncross 1 hour ago

I know that there are two ways to deliver 5.1 surround mix, one for broadcast and the other for theatrical. I have a broadcast...

Visible Evidence
replies: 3 views: 275
kosmokrator 2 hours ago

This is for the FX editors out there...I’m trying to figure out a way to process foley and indoor recordings to sound external...

breaktheory
replies: 3 views: 228
Newmann 6 hours ago

We have been talking a lot about this is University, my tutor at my current university has been saying there will likely be no...

kieronmusic
replies: 3 views: 942
TheMuffinMan01 1 day ago

Hello all... So PT Ultimate latest... I’m trying to figure out how to create a headphone out that will play a...

breaktheory
replies: 5 views: 285
TVPostSound 2 days ago

Hi, Does anyone have any Kabul or Afghan city SFX for sale? Second best would be Iranian city SFX (preferably a smaller city...

Big World
replies: 2 views: 302
lae777 2 days ago

So I did a very stupid thing. I have a video cut (in Premiere Pro) with the camera mic sound and I'm wondering does anyone know a...

Charloi
replies: 3 views: 289
Andrew Mottl 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,615 views: 294,877
subbasshead 3 days ago

Does anyone have a DAT player, if so, I have an old master on DAT and need it converted (preferably wav) so I can do some post....

comsax1
replies: 6 views: 403
kludgeaudio 4 days ago

Anyone using an M1 Mini for audio post yet? Is the 16GB limit an issue? How many monitors and what apps are you running? ...

philper
replies: 21 views: 1,585
Steven1145 4 days ago

I have a spec sheet that lists "ST 377-4:2012 MXF MULTICHANNEL AUDIO LABELING FRAMEWORK" for it's file naming /...

BigSpringSound
replies: 0 views: 170
BigSpringSound 4 days ago

Check it out. https://acondigital.com/products/extract-dialogue/

Henchman
replies: 93 views: 8,159
Brian Campbell 5 days ago

hi all Does anyone know if the dbx 510 hardware Subharmonic Synthesizer sounds *exactly* like the 120a? I mean - are the...

mixerguy
replies: 4 views: 2,156
TheMuffinMan01 6 days ago

All, I am in the process or starting our mixing/editing template over. It was first made in PT 8 and has been updated several...

quadraphonics
replies: 18 views: 2,003
Airon 6 days ago

Hello all, Just curious if there's any loudness metering plugins, other than VisLM, that have a loudness distribution...

Salient
replies: 5 views: 420
philper 1 week ago

hi just installed dolby atmos renderer for the first time. most stuff is pretty obvious, however i do not understand how the...

cebolao
replies: 2 views: 474
originalscottyg 1 week ago

Hey all... I’m an Fx editor/sound designer and I’ve been looking at the Raven MTI2 to become my third screen. Any other...

breaktheory
replies: 2 views: 312
breaktheory 1 week ago

Who ever is doing the audio is doing, IMHO, a fantastic job. I watched it on TV and on my computer and the audio (and video) is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 24 views: 2,915
Salient 1 week ago

My apologies if this is being posted in the wrong forum. The "jobs offered" forum seemed focused on specific post jobs,...

HamdiC
replies: 0 views: 264
HamdiC 1 week ago

hi all. ive been using some sample packs from thedrumbroker and its a bit unclear whether or not its ok for me to use them for...

benjiboko
replies: 2 views: 416
Newmann 1 week ago

Just want a general opinion on this, currently I need about 6-7hours. SFX, SOT cleanup, music dip and rise and final balancing...

Brianwonglh
replies: 86 views: 8,800
LosAnge 1 week ago

Hey, I've processed my Full mix for a show at EBU R128 standard - 23LUFS, delivery has passed Tech Checks, so all good. The...

zeroclip
replies: 8 views: 672
Edalicious 1 week ago

I've been asked to mix a trailer loosely to Tasa / Leq(m)85. (ie It doesn't need to be certified.) The preset on Waves WLM...

idris
replies: 1 views: 256
nixt 1 week ago

Hi there, I have a problem with my RX7 Dereverb plugin. I already spoke to the customer support, but they don´t know about...

Kreuzzwerg
replies: 4 views: 476
Kreuzzwerg 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I've used Ediload only very sparsely in the past and exclusively for doing assemblies in Pro Tools. But I'll...

cinetj
replies: 4 views: 601
cinetj 2 weeks ago

Just a quick question regarding the layout of the ceiling speakers since I'm about to mount four for Atmos. So far I have two...

mattiasnyc
replies: 4 views: 482
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here so if not please let me know where would be better to post! One of the...

MelMcN
replies: 1 views: 273
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware update for the Dolby LM100 hardware loudness meter? I called Dolby....

ptfigg
replies: 18 views: 2,129
ptfigg 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody We are finally going to move from our small post production studio to a larger studio and to make it a small...

krisbja
replies: 9 views: 932
Jaksteruk 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 106 views: 31,763
bradp015 2 weeks ago

JVC M-510 -Shotgun mic anyone used one before? Any good?

Gentleman
replies: 1 views: 2,114
WrecklessEyeball 2 weeks ago

Got a little burnt recently down mixing 5.1 content to stereo. I’m exploring options in the downmix realm. Not sexy, but a...

postprosound
replies: 27 views: 1,851
Polyh3dron 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I started my home studio for personal passion for music and of course I believe the I can do stuff on m own....

Jay ML
replies: 2 views: 376
Jay ML 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, while talking to my team recently I realized that some of us would really love to see aspects of the job that we're not...

kosmokrator
replies: 12 views: 957
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 58 views: 10,563
Janus 3 weeks ago

One of my downtime guilty pleasures is watching a bit of Sci-Fi. Just started watching The Expanse. I really struggled with the...

potscrubber
replies: 38 views: 5,870
7+1 3 weeks ago

I miss working with people. I miss sitting down with sound editors and going through sessions in person. So I started making some...

Mister_T
replies: 12 views: 1,099
Airon 3 weeks ago
replies: 1 views: 344
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

i am considering upgrading my editing room i probably want to put avid s1 controller there i would love it to be as...

cebolao
replies: 1 views: 496
NReichman 3 weeks ago

Is anyone here living or worked in South Africa? I am sending a VO recording rig there to periodically record the VO for a TV...

brandoncross
replies: 2 views: 422
brandoncross 3 weeks ago

Hi @ all, what is currently your favorite post plug in for reducing reverberation / room information on source material? Use...

tomteontour
replies: 19 views: 1,076
seanmccoy 3 weeks ago

Hi, Sometimes I need to see the picture in sync while I'm editing dialogue in RX standalone, especially for long scenes. I...

clgynmnc
replies: 2 views: 494
paulo m 3 weeks ago

All, More and more, I am finding myself having to do speed changes (Sample rate conversions) from NTSC to PAL and vice versa...

quadraphonics
replies: 6 views: 475
FlorianE 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone and Happy New Year, Can anyone here explain what offering SAG/AFTRA Signatory Service means? A client is asking...

Resonater
replies: 3 views: 605
Newmann 4 weeks ago

The question I have is essentially; does pro-audio gear thrive from a voltage and performance standpoint when +4dBu is cared for...

SoundOffHear
replies: 4 views: 784
minister 4 weeks ago

I am aware that Netflix and others stream 7.1, but are there streaming services for music in 7.1 anywhere? If not, how about...

mizzle
replies: 6 views: 1,030
Antonij 4 weeks ago

This will be nice for short deadline situations, I guess, but I have the feeling that unexperienced operators will just crank...

nucelar
replies: 2 views: 579
TVPostSound 4 weeks ago

Fascinating reading on LinkedIn. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2359499241/? Netflix is building in-house Post...

iluvcapra
replies: 5 views: 888
AfterViewer 4 weeks ago

Hi, I had a question a pair KRK 7000b however I am having trouble figuring out what equipment I would need for them. I was...

kdrewes
replies: 2 views: 497
kdrewes 26th January 2021

Moderators