The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 121 views: 358,176
egoboo 1 week ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 199,304
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 62,446
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 83,951
saemola 15th August 2016

I recently mixed a 10 minute children's video (animation), lots of SFX/original score. Mixed to stereo. My client is requesting...

spectrasound
replies: 5 views: 461
DigitalVictim 2 hours ago

Hi, at the moment I'm looking for a Mac based sound-search tool and ended by BaseHead and SoundMiner which have near the same...

nott
replies: 38 views: 3,200
Secretservice 3 hours ago

Good evening all ! I apologize for the Newb question and want to ask as from the many threads I've read i haven't found comfort...

Goodsie
replies: 16 views: 478
Goodsie 1 day ago

Hey all, I'm supervising a sound edit for a project that could use a couple hours of loop groups. Any recommendations as to...

tubeman
replies: 4 views: 712
Super Ellis 1 day ago

So I am finding on these couple of installation videos I am doing audio for that a typical soundtrack might not work - adds a...

quadcore
replies: 2 views: 358
Jay Rose 1 day ago

Hi, it has been discussed here a couple of times, but as the newest post is almost 5 years old, I did not want to retrieve...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 8 views: 1,315
Kuba_Pietrzak 2 days ago

Hiya What are you guys using as a mp4 (or any other format for that matter) to quicktime mov converter? what are good and...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 23 views: 2,562
YannL 3 days ago

Hey Pros!, I am searching for a tool that categorises all my audio samples automatically. I got so many samples, and it's hard...

jmgni
replies: 5 views: 384
iluvcapra 3 days ago

Hi, I'm working on a school project. I recorded the sound for a short film using shotgun mics + Lavalier microphone sets...

caton
replies: 1 views: 326
Newmann 3 days ago

Hello all, In case you missed it, a couple of days ago, we released a new maintenance update for Nuendo 8. In fact it's a...

Guillermo N
replies: 0 views: 307
Guillermo N 3 days ago

075 – Dialog Editing Roundtable Discussion In this episode we gather some of the busiest and best dialog editors working in...

reynaud
replies: 5 views: 939
Jared Paul 4 days ago

in all my years of mixing, i've never looked at an OMF export log....until now. i saw this message: OMF Export started. MZ...

marty lester
replies: 0 views: 285
marty lester 4 days ago

The following 10 tips for the Soundminer software are often asked questions and aimed at both experienced users and beginners....

guido4
replies: 0 views: 296
guido4 4 days ago

Today I gave the Album From Avril Lavigne Let Go a shot And it sounds very well produced. I love how clear it sounds, sometimes...

tomdelonge1
replies: 0 views: 321
tomdelonge1 4 days ago

Hi guys. I work in a post studio with 6 workstations in a Mac environment. We're considering getting the Synology NAS (1817+,...

6foot4design
replies: 15 views: 1,459
speakerfood 4 days ago

Why are there so few MultiChannel versions of plugins? Lots of plug ins I would like to use in my multichannel chains but so few...

piratepost
replies: 2 views: 424
kosmokrator 5 days ago

I'm a GearSlutz virgin. This is my 1st post. Be nice to me. :lol: Here's the situation: I recorded a DYI video in a warehouse...

IvanTheEditor
replies: 21 views: 771
cally_d 5 days ago

Fairlight Announces Divestment of its Professional Audio Technology | Press Releases | News & Events | Fairlight

ThisIsSka
replies: 219 views: 23,933
DEVO1982 6 days ago

Hey guys, being relatively new to the whole Atmos workflow since we just installed our 7.1.4 setup a month ago, I'm right now...

kosmokrator
replies: 20 views: 967
kosmokrator 6 days ago

Hi Folks, I'm mixing a 1 hour doc in stereo for a cinema viewing. What levels should I aim for? Is R-128 OK? or will I...

egoboo
replies: 5 views: 521
philper 6 days ago

Don't ask why... but unusual circumstances have meant that I've been tasked with delivering a mix of a short film that will be...

M.L.
replies: 6 views: 529
M.L. 1 week ago

Hey all, I have an HDX card that started giving me the warning that the fan might be malfunctioning, please shut down and...

minister
replies: 7 views: 508
minister 1 week ago

some time ago the general advice what, fix your loudspeaker to get -20 db fs and get 89 dB SPL and just make your mix, there is...

alidav
replies: 5 views: 922
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi all, it's been a while. I have good success writing/composing music and mixing it for television and artists, but almost all...

noah440
replies: 2 views: 465
noah440 1 week ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,366 views: 234,998
skyb 1 week ago

Hi - I work for Krotos Audio and would be really interested to hear about your typical workflow when creating weapon sounds for...

Krotos
replies: 2 views: 438
cebolao 1 week ago

I'm mixing a reality show now and lately I've got quite a few clips in that sound like the recordist mixed the boom and lav...

sonnykeyes
replies: 2 views: 396
sonnykeyes 1 week ago

Hey all, Writing in this forum as I think you guys will have the best idea for best practice... I’m a composer, and...

Bishbashbosh
replies: 7 views: 527
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

I need sounds of various broken car engines. Of course I already have a assortment of engines failing to start, but I am looking...

ErikG
replies: 6 views: 546
Mundox 1 week ago

I am mixing a short movie where I worked into in a local project 4 minutes short movie, nothing challenging, just fixing some...

alidav
replies: 3 views: 506
Mundox 1 week ago

i want to get the qsc screen channel speakers for my post room, and put them behind the perforated screen. i already have the...

cebolao
replies: 15 views: 1,762
mgoorevich 1 week ago

SoundWorks Collection - Sound Effects Master Class with Mark Mangini

Emmanuel
replies: 0 views: 351
Emmanuel 1 week ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 31 views: 1,488
Fredo 1 week ago

Hey, Does anyone have any insight into LEQ metering software for a DCP? I'm editing a trailer in Premiere Pro to export in...

replies: 3 views: 376
reynaud 1 week ago

I am working on a feature where there is a scene with a lightsaber (it’s a comedy). The fact that it is a star wars...

ErikG
replies: 12 views: 834
Lontra 1 week ago

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I've been listening to the Wolverine: The Long Night podcast and the sound...

Jake
replies: 0 views: 415
Jake 1 week ago

hi there! last days i found out, la2a nor 1176 plugs from UA wont work for me on my (production recorded) dialogues. both...

svmn
replies: 190 views: 26,970
cebolao 1 week ago

I´ve been enjoying the new Lost in space show with my daughter on Netflix. Cool story, visuals and nice sounding show! There...

tha_lode
replies: 0 views: 404
tha_lode 1 week ago

Hello there! Here is my a little experiment dedicated to sound changes at the distance. Perhaps you will be interested in...

Mysticman
replies: 6 views: 429
Mysticman 2 weeks ago

I just bought an MKH-50 for ADR use and am looking to find some other good uses for this mic. So far I really love it on hi hat....

robertgeorge
replies: 4 views: 515
TVage 2 weeks ago

Anyone experiencing this? Version 2018 seems to have broken it. Volume/panning/send information is fine, but importing a session...

SomeDudeinaBOX
replies: 3 views: 419
SomeDudeinaBOX 2 weeks ago

I have tried the Nugen VIS LM free demo - but it does seem quite expensive. I think this feeling was amplified by youlean ...

shepshed
replies: 25 views: 2,571
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I've recently received the material of an indie film. Beforehand I've asked the picture editor to export an AAF...

cinetj
replies: 4 views: 437
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

The featured post is of the different layers it took to create "The Bat" aircraft from The Dark Knight Rises. High...

Helminthes
replies: 2 views: 650
Haydn 2 weeks ago

Hey all, quick question i hope you can help with- I have a large FX library i'd like to make sure that all sounds have their...

postprosound
replies: 1 views: 362
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hey there! So I got my hands on sound particles a few weeks ago and I've really been enjoying it. I put together a pretty...

renec
replies: 18 views: 2,560
Sampleconstruct 2 weeks ago

I have tried to search by "under 20 Hz", "infrasonic" etc. with no success. Just fired up a real-time...

DAH
replies: 11 views: 611
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

OK, so after struggling with the Aeron for quite some time, I'm beginning to realize what an essential role a good chair...

macaholic
replies: 44 views: 9,633
nga0209 2 weeks ago

is there any DAW which allows for wider bussing than Pro Tools' 7.1 or 7.1.2? Or even better, allowing free choice of output...

Branko
replies: 5 views: 700
Branko 2 weeks ago

Why does Wonder Woman Movie show Integrated Loudness 14.7 LKFS/LUFS? It should not be -23? Attached is a screenshot

dudiclass
replies: 17 views: 1,143
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search