The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 66 views: 92,764
dr.sound 13th December 2020

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 422,390
audionuma 25th May 2020

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 117,874
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi, I'm an independent post production sound mixer, trying to link two rooms in the studio I work at together. Looking for...

kenevill
replies: 1 views: 2
kosmokrator 5 minutes ago

I have edited the audio tracks from mp4 and wmv files in Cubase 6 and now I'm trying to merge them back into the source...

Nonlinear
replies: 12 views: 10,746
kenevill 15 minutes ago

I just got an envelope matching plug-in called Envy that I’ve been using on everything - how am I just finding out about this...

breaktheory
replies: 4 views: 302
Branko 29 minutes ago

Hi there, I just received a film file to work with, an mp4. I have fast Mac, and Logic Pro X. When i import the movie...

delay
replies: 3 views: 141
delay 1 day ago

Sound Design Shaping The Future Of Our World: https://apple.news/ADSvM0pJDQPa45W3uXVBjzA

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 500
StephenSaldanha 1 day ago

Hello all There was a bug in the previous version of ultimate that made it so automation follows edit was not able to follow...

breaktheory
replies: 7 views: 274
breaktheory 1 day ago

Hello all, I am looking at ADR software solutions, and hoping to get some opinions on the best methods for effective yet...

johntunes
replies: 39 views: 1,609
smurfyou 1 day ago

just finished my latest video for a song o'mine. it was the first time i worked with a green screen. it was surprisingly easy and...

zinzin
replies: 0 views: 105
zinzin 2 days ago

Hi folks, I saw a thread over in the mastering forum that suggested this question/gig would be best posted here. I usually...

cbmtrx
replies: 0 views: 133
cbmtrx 2 days ago

I'm going to try to change or at least test how it feels to really work in a foodgroup layout for editing and mixing. I have a...

ErikG
replies: 38 views: 2,607
Andrew Mottl 2 days ago

Hello, I am mixing bass-heavy music, not post, but I am sure the people here know the following info better than music people,...

dolomick
replies: 6 views: 263
NReichman 3 days ago

Anyone using an M1 Mini for audio post yet? Is the 16GB limit an issue? How many monitors and what apps are you running? ...

philper
replies: 27 views: 2,091
Kuba_Pietrzak 3 days ago

Hi all! I’m beginner sound designer in post production. I have Neumann Kh80 (bass response from 56 hz), so I want to buy 6-7...

dezzzon
replies: 1 views: 170
Andrew Mottl 3 days ago

7.1.4 speaker choices. 25m2 (270 sq ft) (physical size 30m2). I was thinking of going with the JBL 708i for the fronts and 705...

ErikG
replies: 12 views: 849
yazoo 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,624 views: 297,043
trexbeverly 4 days ago

Atmos mix - TV vs projection? Yes there are a few old threads but they are a bit old. In all our small rooms we have always...

ErikG
replies: 14 views: 591
smurfyou 4 days ago

Hello all, I’ve been cutting FX for some time now but I’ve never tried my hand at mixing. I’m really interested in a...

breaktheory
replies: 7 views: 682
breaktheory 4 days ago

I've been waiting over a year for Dolby Production Suite for windows. Buying an overpriced Mac Pro for one program and...

Deleted 2c9d885
replies: 27 views: 2,937
LDStudios 4 days ago

Am I better off recording at 0 with the gain turned low or at -20 with the gain way up - or is this situational? This is used...

breaktheory
replies: 0 views: 142
breaktheory 4 days ago

I have been checking out the Penteo 16 pro and Halo upmix plugins, and I understand their purpose, but what is it that they are...

mizzle
replies: 2 views: 235
NReichman 5 days ago

Need a subtitling solution that integrates with other systems.

mvbns
replies: 1 views: 135
Thomas W. Bethe 5 days ago

Anybody know a tool for listing all of your installed plugins, the vendor info string, version and all that stuff? I'm trying to...

iluvcapra
replies: 19 views: 837
kosmokrator 5 days ago

Hello and i want to take a stereo piece of music and convert it to a Quad ( 4 x mono or 2 x stereo ) set of tracks and so i ask...

barry white
replies: 5 views: 232
barry white 5 days ago

Is there any benefit the $999 hd native box provides other than the ability to hook up an avid interface? I’ve been running HD...

breaktheory
replies: 5 views: 305
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Mouth noise... it’s killing me. I feel like I have a record that can go big, but the mouth noise is killing me.. any...

jcsmyth
replies: 5 views: 355
tenkas 6 days ago

Hello, So I believe what I need for this is some sort of envelope follower... Just for the sake of example: Track 1: a...

breaktheory
replies: 6 views: 301
breaktheory 1 week ago

OK, so after struggling with the Aeron for quite some time, I'm beginning to realize what an essential role a good chair...

macaholic
replies: 43 views: 13,229
rwhitney 1 week ago

Can anyone explain the process to convert a stereo piece of music to 4.0 stems using nugens upmix ? I have a stereo track in...

barry white
replies: 13 views: 344
leafstudio 1 week ago

Avid releases a NEW SYNC...

dr.sound
replies: 8 views: 806
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Greetings. I have a problem and I was hoping someone here would be willing to take a look at a few of these audio clips and see...

ColeEhckShun
replies: 17 views: 896
Jamie Mac 1 week ago

Hi all, thinking of applying for a Netflix audio post studio certfication as part of np3 programme, but I heard about some IT...

paulo m
replies: 19 views: 2,212
kosmokrator 1 week ago

I was wondering if you guys have any ideas on how to make insects and creepy crawlers sounds such as movements,wing-flaps, legs...

Dumb-Ask
replies: 25 views: 12,196
martinus 1 week ago

What happens if you lock down a graduated Sound Designer for 6 months? Correct, he starts building his own 3D Audio Recording...

TJP
replies: 1 views: 294
Resonate-audio 1 week ago

Hi! I have been searching this forum with no luck for answers to this subject. I am building a medium sized post production...

Eirik
replies: 22 views: 4,833
neilst3r 1 week ago

Is there a free or cheap 5.1 plugin I can throw on my master just to help me keep an eye on levels? - a spectrograph would be a...

breaktheory
replies: 8 views: 476
breaktheory 2 weeks ago

Has anyone had good results with this plugin? I downloaded the demo but the included packs weren’t very useful (or at least...

breaktheory
replies: 2 views: 231
breaktheory 2 weeks ago

Hello! I'm from the newly founded post production company based in Sweden. As part of out business we are are creating and...

Sonorous Nordic
replies: 10 views: 638
ErikG 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I’m a music guy, but lately have been asked to do sound design and music for some film projects. I’m wondering...

SDB_12
replies: 7 views: 343
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hi there, we thought those of you who record long VO scripts could use a hand with editing: Recorditor helps you edit...

Mundox
replies: 7 views: 1,084
Blaine Misner 2 weeks ago

I rarely get requests to mix radio, but I've had several recently. Years ago when I mixed radio spots on a regular basis, I don't...

wilbo
replies: 0 views: 237
wilbo 2 weeks ago

Hi new friends! Gearslutz newbie here, with a question I haven't found an answer on this forum for: Is it possible to...

sus_chords
replies: 4 views: 589
sus_chords 2 weeks ago

Long time lurker of this forum. Long story, short. I am post mixer in NYC who has relocated out of the boroughs. I still...

DominicBartolini
replies: 0 views: 295
DominicBartolini 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm wanting to experiment with surround mixing for a small project I'm working on for a client. They mentioned...

SDB_12
replies: 9 views: 750
philper 2 weeks ago

I have a spec sheet that lists "ST 377-4:2012 MXF MULTICHANNEL AUDIO LABELING FRAMEWORK" for it's file naming /...

BigSpringSound
replies: 4 views: 491
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I'm trying to remodel a room with a d-command (main+fader) for use in postproduction. Where do you guys have your DAW...

nucelar
replies: 3 views: 490
Wilburguy 3 weeks ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 53 views: 7,890
brandoncross 3 weeks ago

For you recordists out there we just posted a new tutorial video and article: Tips on Recording Underwater Sound Effects with...

Jiegel
replies: 3 views: 927
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Going through it right now, I think everything sounds bad, don't trust the levels between VO and music, spend lots of hours...

pethenis
replies: 12 views: 795
Bushman 3 weeks ago

The question I have is essentially; does pro-audio gear thrive from a voltage and performance standpoint when +4dBu is cared for...

SoundOffHear
replies: 13 views: 1,327
digitaldesigner 4 weeks ago

Curious if anyone has upgraded to this yet? I’m always wary of updating from a stable version!

breaktheory
replies: 11 views: 691
TheMuffinMan01 4 weeks ago

Moderators