The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 128 views: 405,393
iluvcapra 4th November 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 84,042
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 108,750
saemola 15th August 2016

In this stressful time of social distancing and shuttered studios, I find myself mixing from home and needing to send out mix...

AlexeyMohr
replies: 0 views: 42
AlexeyMohr 1 hour ago

Hi everyone, i'm not too familiar with sound editing for film yet and stumbled across this problem: my project runs at 48Khz,...

noisekeeper
replies: 9 views: 424
Mysticman 1 hour ago

Hi everyone I've calibrated my system to 85 db SPL using my phone and an app called "Keuwlsoft SPL Meter" My...

SizMixing
replies: 1 views: 103
bru95bg 3 hours ago

One of my downtime guilty pleasures is watching a bit of Sci-Fi. Just started watching The Expanse. I really struggled with the...

potscrubber
replies: 28 views: 4,076
Thomas W. Bethe 6 hours ago

I know that many/most of us know about the upcoming release of folder tracks in Pro Tools. While I was watching the video...

quadraphonics
replies: 10 views: 1,046
cebolao 6 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I am totally new here and need your help. I had some help already but still many things are not clear for me. I edit...

lgabor
replies: 7 views: 365
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking for a library with detailed Horse Sounds. Not just neighing. Also snorting, grunting and everything....

torpor
replies: 1 views: 150
Nedd 9 hours ago

Hello guys. I have been doing my post production work for approximately 7 years completely in Logic Pro X, and it is a...

tofermusic
replies: 9 views: 447
Runaway 16 hours ago

RÜFÜS DU SOL - Live from Joshua Tree. Here is a Incredibly Fun Music Mix that I was lucky enough to work on. Great tracks by...

dr.sound
replies: 0 views: 159
dr.sound 23 hours ago

The thought came to me to create a list of plugins that are geared towards or work well for sound design since lately, and...

JamieMB
replies: 67 views: 34,800
David Carlyon 1 day ago

"Stam Audio SA-800 microphone. " I have been an engineer/producer for 32 years and I have never used a Mic so clear...

Jimmy Starr
replies: 3 views: 655
tofermusic 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm currently sorting my filmsound notes and articles and publish them on my website:...

guido4
replies: 1 views: 304
tofermusic 1 day ago

Hello all, it is with a heavy heart that I'm passing the information along that long-time Gearslutz member Jay Rose passed...

Steven1145
replies: 21 views: 1,536
Emmanuel 1 day ago

Hello, Can anyone explain why my LtRt down-mix is hotter on the LU meter than the 5.1 mix? The latest BBC World Wide spec...

jahtao
replies: 26 views: 3,850
quadraphonics 2 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,547 views: 276,275
aXLsound 3 days ago

Hi all, I need your help if you could. I have been a Phoenixverb user for a short time and I have it installed in my...

davimorales
replies: 2 views: 440
davimorales 3 days ago

Hello sound designers, With these difficult circumstances, many sound designers have to work from home and cannot go to...

kyzouik
replies: 0 views: 262
kyzouik 4 days ago

So, Wave NX will do 5.1 and 7.1 surround virtualization for headphones. Is there anything else comparable to this specifically...

mizzle
replies: 6 views: 1,136
iluvcapra 4 days ago

Hello sound designers, With these difficult circumstances, many sound designers have to work from home and cannot go to the...

kyzouik
replies: 0 views: 181
kyzouik 4 days ago

Just got an enquiry for setting up a live video stream in a church. All happens under the low light conditions (pretty small...

Arseny
replies: 4 views: 448
Arseny 6 days ago

Hi everybody, https://youtu.be/Tr_6ulAn7Fc Today I had a great opportunity to compare 2 super-cardioid condenser shotgun...

Yury
replies: 0 views: 272
Yury 6 days ago

Im looking into good solution to do OSX screensharing with sound (and a TB mic). I have tested with zoom.us. It works but won't...

ErikG
replies: 6 views: 674
iluvcapra 6 days ago

Hello, I've just being contacted for doing audio books recording sessions at home, due to the actual Corona Virus...

lamacchiacosta
replies: 11 views: 711
philper 1 week ago

Hello All, With all the social distancing and social medial live performances going on to make up for no gigs... I was...

caseyallensmith
replies: 2 views: 497
iluvcapra 1 week ago

Hey, all. Avid's offering this plug at an attractive price, but I'm wondering if anybody who's compared it to our many other...

seanmccoy
replies: 17 views: 2,683
blags 1 week ago

Hello, So as the title is saying I'm mixing a short movie and it was recorded in a terrible place with very loud background...

ParanormalBanana
replies: 37 views: 3,499
tekkedup 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
Snorktop 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I've recently received the material of an indie film. Beforehand I've asked the picture editor to export an AAF...

cinetj
replies: 13 views: 2,332
Newmann 2 weeks ago

Hi all, a few years ago there were reportedly issues where some Video NLEs had problems importing Polyphonic Wav files from...

njrsound
replies: 1 views: 530
philper 2 weeks ago

More info here https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/nab-show-canceled-due-coronavirus-outbreak-1283855

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 395
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi, I've decided to set up my own foley studio instead of hiring out spaces/engineers to do it. The only thing I've hit a...

BHillAudio
replies: 16 views: 1,485
Konfus 2 weeks ago

I'm setting up a small mix room for music, broadcast and home theater Atmos (Netflix). I'm using the 708i for L-C-R and 705i...

Badaboom
replies: 4 views: 688
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, we use an Avid MTRX loaded with the additional HDX card, MADI, the 128ch Dante Card, 8AES and 8 analogue IOs to connect...

kosmokrator
replies: 3 views: 565
kosmokrator 2 weeks ago

They use "pro-ribbon" drivers for tweeters and are very highly praised by some. Thought I would ask if anyone here has...

Sprkd1
replies: 12 views: 1,774
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

Saw this pop up just...

Jamie Mac
replies: 70 views: 9,349
smurfyou 2 weeks ago

Hello. Does anyone here use a database management software (like File Maker Pro) to manage stock utilising barcodes? It would be...

Mundox
replies: 5 views: 538
nucelar 2 weeks ago

Hey sluts, I got a groovy commercial scoring gig that’s going international. What are the chances that ASCAP picks up all these...

chara63000
replies: 2 views: 903
chara63000 2 weeks ago

What happened I've been using the Faderport 16 for over a year on dialogue mixes, usually non-overlapping stuff but I've noticed...

Airon
replies: 4 views: 634
Airon 2 weeks ago

I'm putting this here because iZotope appears to have an eye on this space. I like all the modules in Insight. Sometimes I like...

nathand
replies: 18 views: 4,506
edrousseau 2 weeks ago

Sound a charge! ISSUE / PROBLEM: I am doing some samples for an instrument in production. There is an issue with some of...

PianoFreek
replies: 18 views: 2,650
Mian16 2 weeks ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 82 views: 22,429
bojan_1 2 weeks ago

It happens that I’m going to be doing an Atmos mix at the end of the month in a room with an RMU but no recorder, just a player...

iluvcapra
replies: 7 views: 1,485
juniorhifikit 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I’m designing an immersive oceanscape thunderstorm for a large installation. Any tips on mixing to maximize headroom...

harnessed
replies: 9 views: 1,013
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

I'm looking to upgrade my monitors in a small 5.1 room and after some research, I came across Genelec Monitors with SAM...

p35inc
replies: 7 views: 858
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

That's what a fully loaded Mac Pro costs. $25,000.00 to max out the ram. When are we going to stop pretending this is justified?

Sonic Mafia
replies: 26 views: 1,595
64gtoboy 3 weeks ago

Hi, Does anybody know if iphone 4 ringtones are copyrighted for use in a fiction feature film ? I mean a character has an...

Stieglitz
replies: 11 views: 19,963
vanmore 4 weeks ago

Was watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown and noticed that the Post Production Assistants' credits showed before the Sound...

Comp1337
replies: 15 views: 2,328
EvilRoy 4 weeks ago

For the first time ever, I've hired (as in paying them money) a professional voice over person for a project I'm working on. Do I...

Hxd Ped
replies: 19 views: 1,658
Brent Hahn 4 weeks ago

I'm working on a piece (that I unfortunately cannot share at the moment) that heavily features a music box. The music box is...

Deleted 7512c18
replies: 3 views: 747
Andrew Mottl 4 weeks ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 21 views: 12,566
Jay Rose 22nd February 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search