The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Announcement: The Gearslutz 2018 Member Survey is on! Whitecat
29th March 2018 Views: 2,242
Views: 2,242
29th March 2018
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 120 views: 356,073
Newmann 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 197,917
waikwanho 3 weeks ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 61,908
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 83,120
saemola 15th August 2016

You can't mix film sound in headphones. Among many other things, the respective levels of dialog, sfx and music are perceived...

Pliocene
replies: 20 views: 562
Brent Hahn 56 minutes ago

Hey guys! I am working on this short and have to mix them in 5.1 so I brought my session to a studio that I usually go rent...

showstopper168
replies: 10 views: 446
brandoncross 3 hours ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 6 views: 361
pentagon 3 hours ago

Why does Wonder Woman Movie show Integrated Loudness 14.7 LKFS/LUFS? It should not be -23? Attached is a screenshot

dudiclass
replies: 7 views: 289
dudiclass 3 hours ago

Hey guys, it looks as though Blackmagic have rebranded the older Fairlight hardware controllers and have formalised how they are...

matt82aust
replies: 9 views: 485
reynaud 14 hours ago

I hope some of you folks here can sort this out for me, The new boss (music composer back ground) just told me to change the...

jt916
replies: 42 views: 3,477
brandoncross 1 day ago

Can't find any. Would like to check it out via video first before deciding whether or not to download a demo. Is anyone using it...

amiller
replies: 7 views: 938
TNM 1 day ago

Hello! I am currently working on a project where I am going to morph between two sounds. There will be a snare/ tom drum, beating...

pettah93
replies: 5 views: 563
pettah93 1 day ago

Ive just started out mixing for TV Commercials/Adverts and i've noticed that my ads are not quite as loud as others (Dialogue/VO,...

Rk10
replies: 11 views: 477
Rk10 1 day ago

I'm good at Capture and Punch Capture on the same set of tracks, but once in a while I want to take a snapshot of all the...

NReichman
replies: 7 views: 369
quadraphonics 1 day ago

Hi, just bought the Brainworx console E, have been looking at it for a while since my studio neighbour ( a very experienced film...

postfieldmusic
replies: 3 views: 834
postfieldmusic 2 days ago

I’ve finally upgraded my HDX2 PT11 to PT12.8.3 and am using a second HDNative system as my Picture / metering rig using...

JB123
replies: 4 views: 316
JB123 2 days ago

Hey, I usually strap Halo across an Aux bus in Pro Tools to upmix all the music or atmos tracks rather than have it on...

Garret
replies: 10 views: 492
Garret 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
Nuxinho 2 days ago

Heya! I'm about to start some gun recording for school, and was looking to capture the sound of a 12 gauge and .30-06 rifle. I...

ddashfens
replies: 3 views: 332
ddashfens 3 days ago

Just saw Wes Anderson's "Isle Of Dogs" over the weekend. We loved it, although admittedly I'm a fan of Anderson's...

Fred Story
replies: 3 views: 740
smurfyou 3 days ago

Hi, I have a Blue Sky System One 2.1 (pair of SAT 6.5 MK II speaker + 12" sub - dates from 2002). One of the original...

seilide
replies: 8 views: 514
seilide 4 days ago

What small powered studio monitor speakers would be best for high frequency retrieval? To reveal pops and clicks clearly? Genelec...

Alon Wolman
replies: 3 views: 459
Sventeck 4 days ago

Greetings does anyone know of a go video editing software with lots of lanes (audio snd video) and can output different formats...

NOC
replies: 8 views: 578
Krows 4 days ago

Hi, I have question about burning this kind of preview CD. I need to send some cd's with my material and I want them to be...

ogorek
replies: 16 views: 668
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

If I need to create an M+E, is the best way to do this by manually cutting out the dialogue (then adding more sfx as needed) or...

asterix2k10
replies: 25 views: 1,481
Leverson 5 days ago

I've recently been doing a lot of post work and my mouse hand is really hurting. I'm wondering what you use for a...

berniebeaudry
replies: 53 views: 9,093
Alon Wolman 5 days ago

Hey , So when I right click a track in the edit window I can scroll to view that track in the mix window. Can I set an option to...

JamieMB
replies: 5 views: 5,680
mixerguy 6 days ago

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask a quick question. I was recently hired as a full-time audio engineer for a production company. I...

taylortaudio
replies: 13 views: 749
tom chapman 1 week ago

Hey guys, I'm currently mixing a fiction tv show. The average lenght of each episode is around 50 min. 95% of the dialogue...

sm0g
replies: 11 views: 974
Steven1145 1 week ago
replies: 26 views: 3,719
Mikey MTC 1 week ago

hi there! last days i found out, la2a nor 1176 plugs from UA wont work for me on my (production recorded) dialogues. both...

svmn
replies: 187 views: 26,087
Dan Smith 1 week ago

Hey guys! Was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience setting up a CALIBRATED 5.1 room with a BMD HD link. We had a...

JediMasterGing
replies: 0 views: 424
JediMasterGing 1 week ago

Hey everyone, I do all of the recording, editing and uploading for the sermons at my church. I have a bunch of wave files here...

KingRazor
replies: 20 views: 6,854
Bodde 1 week ago

Hey folks, Does anyone know of a clever app that can insert X amount of silence to the start and end of a bunch of...

Mundox
replies: 5 views: 556
Dragomir 1 week ago

Today JBL officially announced they finally are making the 7 series monitors in a powered version. Available as the 705P or the...

Dan Smith
replies: 126 views: 13,209
IkennaFuNkEn 1 week ago

Hi! Does anyone have atmospheres from Italian city's for exchange! I need some narrow streets and that stuff. One part of the...

Barajevic
replies: 4 views: 602
floyd atema 1 week ago

Hi I have kind of a beginner question.. Should room tone be audible at all times? Or just when needed for ADR matching? I...

KSMUSIC
replies: 9 views: 1,812
Mundox 1 week ago

I have more and more requests to do quick turnaround surround mixes. I generally mix stereo in my small/mid-sizish treated...

3evil3mpire
replies: 15 views: 826
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Working with a client who wants (and really needs) help improving their audio for a second season of a racing-based show that has...

seanmccoy
replies: 4 views: 609
cjguitar 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 117 views: 7,619
mgoorevich 1 week ago

I am working on a deal with an (older) Fairlight console and am wondering how the buy out is working out now that the entire...

RobinL
replies: 37 views: 2,563
reynaud 1 week ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,359 views: 233,738
trexbeverly 1 week ago

Does an app or plug in exist which will go through tracks in a Pro Tools session and either: 1. Find all instances of volume...

thermisonic
replies: 5 views: 547
thermisonic 1 week ago

Just saw ’Ready Player One’ at a Dolby Cinema with Atmos. It’s the first Atmos mix I’ve been able to hear in a theatre....

Fred Story
replies: 18 views: 1,216
Lady Gaia 1 week ago

Just a speculative question, I’m pitching someone on a crazy idea and am asking. If I want to deliver to Dolby ATMOS and a...

iluvcapra
replies: 3 views: 506
RecRoom 1 week ago

Hi, I want to stream mp3 files using JW Player on a website, but programs like Internet Download Manager allow people to download...

jimjim
replies: 10 views: 3,626
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Good Evening, To any on the forum who have experience with ATMOS Deliverables to Netflix and Amazon- Practically speaking,...

postprosound
replies: 3 views: 628
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, we are upgrading our 2.0 TV Mixroom (roughly 9m x 5m x 3,5m) to 5.1 and want to upgrade our Monitoring as well....

Heni40
replies: 20 views: 5,350
Pno 2 weeks ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 21 views: 2,808
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

For those that bought a Korg Triton off of someone else with no manual or video & have no clue where to begin. Here's a full...

JokermansBeats
replies: 3 views: 8,888
Schematicsman 2 weeks ago

Hi, When editing the dialogues for a short film, should I edit and put in the DX tracks ONLY the edited region/s with dialogue...

atilio
replies: 20 views: 1,148
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

I've been digging around for months on GS and the internets about this and just been coming up short on the actual...

stephendidit
replies: 16 views: 1,454
Newmann 2 weeks ago

Often times when I open "consumer" video file formats like .mov from an iPhone my video software reports weird frame...

Nonlinear
replies: 21 views: 827
Nonlinear 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search