The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 123 views: 366,847
jwh1192 1 week ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 205,862
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 64,875
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 87,527
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi Everyone. I'm teaching Surround Post at a UNI in Melbourne and we want to setup our room for Atmos mixing. The issue is...

[email protected]
replies: 9 views: 319
[email protected] 3 hours ago

Looking for people's opinions on which computer to buy. I’m upgrading my home studio. I work in post and I am a mixer and sound...

KSMUSIC
replies: 15 views: 656
KSMUSIC 4 hours ago

I'm shopping again. I've been sneaking by for a while now with only average de-essers. Demo'ing the following plug-ins...

NReichman
replies: 27 views: 1,670
Airon 4 hours ago

Hello, I use various application in the studio, mostly Logic Pro 9/X, Ableton Live, a bit of Pro Tools 10/11. I have dual os...

krikorola
replies: 8 views: 1,499
kage 5 hours ago

So the new Netflix specs are mentioned in various threads. I think it warrants its own thread. There are new Netflix specs,...

ErikG
replies: 23 views: 881
philper 13 hours ago

Hi friends! I am selling my Cedar Audio DNS3000 dialogue noise suppressor. Details in the Gearslutz second hand classified...

dmitri
replies: 3 views: 993
dmitri 17 hours ago

Anyone here yet to use the new Audionamix SVC (Speech Volume Control) for dialog cleanup? Curious how it compares to something...

Nonlinear
replies: 17 views: 1,616
Jedisteph 18 hours ago

Hello GS! Sorry for a rookie post. I have tried searching the forums to learn myself but I’m not really getting it. I...

pettah93
replies: 8 views: 501
Leverson 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm Danjeli, co-founder at Signum Audio. We are the team behind Bute Loudness Suite which is a set of tools aimed...

Danjeli
replies: 2 views: 324
Danjeli 2 days ago

I do a small amount of videography for snowboarding and DH mountain biking, i use a GoPro with a gimbal and as you may be aware...

RobWheelerMusic
replies: 12 views: 535
smurfyou 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,395 views: 241,158
subbasshead 3 days ago

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. Working on a mac using the latest version of PT 12 HD. I've just received an...

InTheWind
replies: 9 views: 607
quadraphonics 3 days ago

Products designed by Pharoah Editorial Inc. Very sad news. My Syncheck3 is in good shape, so I hope to get many more years out...

NReichman
replies: 27 views: 4,388
Airon 4 days ago

Hello, so i compress my hip hop drums with SSL buss compressor setting 30ms attack, .1 release 4 ratio about 3db gain reduction....

Camis
replies: 2 views: 498
DanArt 4 days ago

Hi, I have multiple blu rays I want to play on my Pro Tools 5.1 system to listen as reference/levels etc. (this is for...

abes
replies: 2 views: 522
wishihadalife 4 days ago
replies: 21 views: 1,842
Airon 4 days ago

After 10+ years of use, my Dell 2405FPW died. RIP I would like to get a 27" monitor. I'm getting lost in the sea of...

Malthis
replies: 6 views: 484
bradh 5 days ago

I just read that Frank Serafine was killed...hit by a car while a pedestrian in Palmdale, California. I’ve admired his work for...

Fred Story
replies: 5 views: 798
conleec 5 days ago

I’ve been approached by a production company to do the sounddesign for a Wildlife theatrical release in Dolby Atmos. Just...

pethenis
replies: 19 views: 1,200
rcutz 5 days ago

For many years I have been a die hard ICON user and have long thought the s3 to be a step down. However with recent EUCON...

Jamie Mac
replies: 51 views: 5,786
brandoncross 1 week ago

Is it a common practice to use something like Izotope dialogue de-noise on auto mode globally on the dialogue bus, provided it is...

asterix2k10
replies: 24 views: 1,594
evanb 1 week ago

Hi, Does anyone know if there is a good calendar with most of the sound events for film/tv sound...

matisrei
replies: 4 views: 419
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Anybody using it? I'm curious what people think. I'm on 10.9, so it looks like i'll need to upgrade to use it. There also doesn't...

hawley
replies: 3 views: 887
SDDP 1 week ago

Does this exist? I’m looking for a 4K card for my silver tower but I can’t seem to find one anywhere that isn’t a modified...

breaktheory
replies: 48 views: 2,403
microstudio 1 week ago

Hey all, I would love to be able to consolidate all my AD/DAs in one box and the MTRX seems like an ideal candidate. I was...

sonicparticle
replies: 15 views: 1,191
pentagon 1 week ago

Turns out you can't edit Title or delete posts now...Is this new? What am I missing? Please disregard.

minister
replies: 1 views: 455
jwh1192 2 weeks ago

Share your own exceptional outside-the-box sound design. ...

BOOM Library
replies: 1 views: 555
BOOM Library 2 weeks ago

Hey all, I have an HDX card that started giving me the warning that the fan might be malfunctioning, please shut down and...

minister
replies: 12 views: 1,075
TNM 2 weeks ago

Hi, i'm still rather new to audio post and hope to get some help again: Is it possible to create "automation...

noisekeeper
replies: 6 views: 481
Steven1145 2 weeks ago

Turned out, actor moved since production. So, looking for Atlanta (not San Antonio). Sure there are a lot, just would like a...

minister
replies: 4 views: 448
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Hello and happy new year from Hamburg/ Germany! Here are my best wishes for you and your families for 2018! I have a little...

Hamburg
replies: 2 views: 939
matt82aust 2 weeks ago

Hello, So as the title is saying I'm mixing a short movie and it was recorded in a terrible place with very loud background...

ParanormalBanana
replies: 36 views: 2,081
codeblue00761 2 weeks ago

Hello, I was working in a FCP project that was on 30fps, i then changed to 25fps and exported a fcpxml and a video. The export...

inesfcn
replies: 1 views: 368
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

I've always found it annoying that muted regions unmute after an Audiosuite process. I often run Izotope RX over a bunch of...

Tapwatr
replies: 10 views: 552
Tapwatr 2 weeks ago

Anyone use this yet? I am a little upset that there is an upgrade price from the cedar DNS One. The cedars guys all told me I...

brandoncross
replies: 33 views: 1,953
Branko 2 weeks ago

Sad news for the LA post-production community... Technicolor to Shut Down Feature Film Sound Division Amid Restructuring...

MusicTrax
replies: 84 views: 5,135
funkcity 3 weeks ago

Hi, i have been asked by a friend to help put together a 5.1 system for them .. this will be apartment 5.1 mixing .. no other...

jwh1192
replies: 36 views: 1,325
jwh1192 3 weeks ago

Any Audition CC users here that can help me out? When I finish a beat I pull it into Audition and matche the volume to -16...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 3 views: 426
tom_lowe 3 weeks ago

For you sound recordists and/or editors I have a question about on set directions to actors while the camera is running during an...

siddhu
replies: 9 views: 846
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Picture editor here, hoping for a sound steer... I've got a picture monitor (CG-318 Eizo), fed via HDMI from a Blackmagic...

TrevorA
replies: 18 views: 940
Todd Loomis 3 weeks ago

There are a lot of great speakers out there, but what is best for post production? Especially dialogue editing and...

South Brokelyn
replies: 2 views: 610
Bokir 3 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone could explain a deliverables question I have. I’d like to know 2 answers to it - what is best practice...

GFPCJ
replies: 5 views: 567
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

Hi Guys, yesterday Harrison release a thirs installment of their AVA series of plug-ins. Their called LegacyEq. It was...

rcutz
replies: 3 views: 704
rcutz 3 weeks ago

Hi guys! I'm doing foley premix for a feature film for the first time. 85% of it is mono content that I put strict in the...

jovictors
replies: 12 views: 963
Sventeck 3 weeks ago

Our latest tool at "The Dub Stage". Auto-Align Post: The Fast & Simple Way to Get Location Mics in Phase | Sound...

dr.sound
replies: 28 views: 1,950
akinla 3 weeks ago

So I need to some help with this. I'm not a newbie so I'm in music production for quite some time, but it's my first time dealing...

andreineagu
replies: 2 views: 599
andreineagu 3 weeks ago

What has happened here? Any good educated guesses? I know that when the sample-frequency is low, and the lowpass isn´t good...

tha_lode
replies: 5 views: 557
nucelar 3 weeks ago

Hi, Setting up my own studio - will be for TV mixing and sound FX edit work on tv/film and looking into controllers at the...

D'Animation
replies: 26 views: 1,236
Dragomir 3 weeks ago

I am working on a feature where there is a idea of creating a age change of the voice but without doing ADR with a different...

ErikG
replies: 13 views: 723
originalscottyg 3 weeks ago

Hello everyone! Sorry for a rookie question here.. I have been working in Post for a while now and I have been working in...

pettah93
replies: 11 views: 857
huub 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search