The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 66 views: 91,515
dr.sound 4 weeks ago

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 420,065
audionuma 25th May 2020

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 116,911
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi everyone. Newbie – as always – here. Just two questions (with a little premise). Which is the most...

adrjork
replies: 12 views: 499
subbasshead 9 hours ago

All, I am in the process or starting our mixing/editing template over. It was first made in PT 8 and has been updated several...

quadraphonics
replies: 11 views: 660
smurfyou 15 hours ago

My new studio doesn't have a booth, because I don't record VO that often anymore in these remote times. Acoustically the control...

pethenis
replies: 23 views: 709
smurfyou 15 hours ago

What mic would you all use to send to a VO artists house? Best sounding, most room rejection. I'm assuming an untreated room. I...

brandoncross
replies: 10 views: 554
BigSpringSound 17 hours ago

Dear members, I am in a very delicate but extremely joyful situation: I was accepted to an international A-film festival (I am...

Salar
replies: 12 views: 467
nucelar 1 day ago

Check it out. https://acondigital.com/products/extract-dialogue/

Henchman
replies: 74 views: 5,106
saagedal 3 days ago

Does The Director Always Knows What's Best? https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a33859053/tenet-sound-problems/

dr.sound
replies: 21 views: 1,629
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Hi all. Long time engineer but trying getting into sound for film while working on my debut short narrative film. I have decent...

Aragon
replies: 17 views: 846
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Anyone figure out the perfect zoom setup for playback to picture? I'm using Source Nexus Pro to feed audio out of ProTools and...

RecRoom
replies: 6 views: 355
Fred Pearson 4 days ago

We have been talking a lot about this is University, my tutor at my current university has been saying there will likely be no...

kieronmusic
replies: 1 views: 344
NReichman 5 days ago

Hi there, I've done some searching and was unable to find a solid answer that was very recent. It seems like 90% of the advice...

LaserWolf
replies: 3 views: 343
TVPostSound 6 days ago

I filmed an interview yesterday with main audio being captured by a MixPre 10. When I try to copy the file off the SD card, I'm...

smslavin
replies: 10 views: 475
smslavin 6 days ago

I've been a massive fan of iZotope for a long time, but I really think they've s*** the bed in terms of value and fairness...

marsh_e79
replies: 97 views: 8,114
Kva 1 week ago

Hi Slutz Hope your all well and staying safe. I have a question for any Multimax users out there . I have just bought a unit and...

ed buller
replies: 4 views: 498
ed buller 1 week ago

I have been forced to work from home this autumn, and use my home pc instead of the macs at work. I pretty quickly started...

tha_lode
replies: 4 views: 289
Farhoof 1 week ago

How do I add the same audioclip to a batch of hundreds of different audioclips? I want to add a little jingle at the end of each...

Wasaia
replies: 2 views: 227
Wasaia 1 week ago

There appears to a few different options. I know CanOpener is also good for mixing. I thought I'd focus on the four plugins that...

barbital
replies: 1 views: 553
sigmundklaus 1 week ago

I need your help guys For the first time, i have to mix a commercial for French TV following EBU R68, (signal dynamic shall...

San01
replies: 24 views: 7,361
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Guys, something big is coming from TC rockout

studioton
replies: 5 views: 2,087
TE.TOY 1 week ago

I see these ads everywhere Speechelo Talkia etc but they are all using the same data aren’t they? Google/Amazon. They all...

ErikG
replies: 1 views: 471
matt82aust 1 week ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 176 views: 20,227
F_Stormen 1 week ago

Afternoon all. We have a 7.1.4 Atmos mix room up here, that we mainly use for mixing episodic, dramatic projects in Canada. I'm...

6foot4design
replies: 47 views: 6,456
cabbagerock 2 weeks ago

Hey folks! I've been doing more and more post work recently, which I'm grateful for. I was wondering if anyone has a go-to basic...

brooklynfall
replies: 14 views: 1,058
MBaron 2 weeks ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,611 views: 292,841
Slava_Pogorelsky 2 weeks ago

Hi- I'm hoping someone can help! I'm trying to import audio from Premiere into Logic 8. I have both OMF and Final Cut XML...

Eggsalad
replies: 6 views: 12,009
nic97 2 weeks ago

I need to get a copy of Cedar DNS One to match a template I've been provided. It appears to be a VERY expensive single plugin! ...

AlexeyMohr
replies: 18 views: 1,250
Jamie Mac 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, I have this track that peaks at -0.1dB:...

Michael.V.Rybak
replies: 1 views: 283
Michael.V.Rybak 2 weeks ago

So I recently bought an NT4 to do ambience recording with, and my current setup for FX has been an NTG-3 with a Rode blimp. From...

Gohanto
replies: 20 views: 5,753
JamesClark1991 3 weeks ago

Hi, So i've been passionate about making my own sound design on diverse types of videos, i'm mostly an amateur and have only...

Boosire
replies: 11 views: 554
kludgeaudio 3 weeks ago

I'd love to hear some thoughts about this for 360 Audio. I have my first 360 project coming up. Well, technically maybe my 2nd. I...

amiller
replies: 1 views: 313
matt82aust 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, new here. So I have to mix/master audio for a Music program (with some dialogue) that will be broadcast on TV. Any...

NewtoPT
replies: 22 views: 1,652
quadraphonics 3 weeks ago

Hi! Do you always setup your template the same for every project-type, like having a "master template" that is a...

pettah93
replies: 12 views: 6,399
philper 3 weeks ago

So, I mixed a short film the other day and this happened: -Basic stereo mix for Youtube, some music, some dialogue and...

FixMy106
replies: 14 views: 1,512
seanmccoy 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for a solution (maybe freeware) that can batch delete Meta Data from WAV files, namely WAV mono captured on a...

ekwipt
replies: 12 views: 13,075
Jcoop 3 weeks ago

Hey gang. I'm dealing with an international deliverable spec of -23 LUFS (all soundtrack elements, not just dialog) and a maximum...

Fred Story
replies: 8 views: 920
TVPostSound 4 weeks ago

So, Nuendo 11 is coming. With full Dolby Atmos support amongst other new features. It will be possible to export Atmos mixes...

Vytis
replies: 20 views: 1,786
paulwr 4 weeks ago

Hi, all! I've reached out to Avid support about this, but haven't heard back in about 3 weeks... to be fair, they requested a...

mjpatey
replies: 33 views: 1,132
smurfyou 4 weeks ago

Hi All, I'm actually curious how people approach their surround mixbus and what they like on it. Especially when it comes to...

santibanks
replies: 2 views: 471
santibanks 4 weeks ago

(I wrote this first on music computers but got no responses) I'm planning a new Mac system and would like to hear experiences...

delay
replies: 4 views: 1,387
bzone 4 weeks ago

Hi everyone... We just released a free eBook "All you need to know about 3D Sound", which covers: - Stereo &...

Nuno Fonseca
replies: 3 views: 1,080
PatrickFaith 4 weeks ago

Is it any good? I know it's not going to be the same as discrete speakers...but I'm doing more immersive stuff, and what I'd like...

Led
replies: 36 views: 6,814
paulo m 4 weeks ago

Who ever is doing the audio is doing, IMHO, a fantastic job. I watched it on TV and on my computer and the audio (and video) is...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 17 views: 2,158
Thomas W. Bethe 4 weeks ago

Hi, I have a project where some non-pros come to our studio to read and improvise some lines. I can't ask them for proper...

nucelar
replies: 10 views: 894
Mundox 4 weeks ago

Just wondering if any RX super mavens out there might know this, is it in any way possible to repeat the action history on a...

longwelsh
replies: 3 views: 1,906
nveer 4 weeks ago

I've been pulling the stereo music tracks slightly into the surrounds for years. I recently got a trial of Penteo 16 Pro but it...

quaileqqs
replies: 8 views: 842
bohitomi 4 weeks ago

I just updated my "New Updated Room Calibration For Film and Television" http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=87830 In...

dr.sound
replies: 1 views: 603
dr.sound 4 weeks ago

The post facility I work for is building out a new space. 8 edit bays for cutting picture, 6 rooms for picture finish/color/vfx,...

Portland
replies: 2 views: 436
Portland 11th December 2020

Watching season 2 of The Man in the High Tower and the sound of the voices is terrible. Season 1 was fine. Sounds like the voices...

rcprod
replies: 0 views: 476
rcprod 11th December 2020

Hi I don't understand one thing in panning 5.1 in protools. If I pan mono source into 5.1 master, with X/Y pad and I set it to...

dvep
replies: 4 views: 787
Edalicious 9th December 2020

Like many of you, I've been receiving more and more requests for me to magically clean up a crap Zoom call and turn it into...

Input_NYC
replies: 7 views: 1,349
johngarden 9th December 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search