The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 212,578
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 67,854
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 123 views: 373,617
jwh1192 13th September 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 90,768
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi... I'll soon be attempting to record various sound effects for a small film I'm working on... I'm completely new to this...

tommytime555
replies: 6 views: 375
Uncle Bob 2 hours ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is UA's first plugin aimed directly at re-recording mixers. UAD | AMS Neve DFC Channel...

Tapwatr
replies: 14 views: 1,557
elegentdrum 3 hours ago

I was wondering if anyone knows of a file management app for audio. I work at a company that has a large sfx collection that...

wh3music
replies: 7 views: 305
wh3music 3 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,422 views: 247,762
bpn2001 9 hours ago

After much trial and error I got the editor of this film send me an OMF that is somewhat usable. It's got clip names! Yay....

Mundox
replies: 11 views: 520
Mundox 1 day ago

Our brand new orchestral mixing course is now live, and we’ve got a fancy trailer for you! Our Orchestral Mixing course...

ThinkSpace
replies: 1 views: 1,816
dix 1 day ago

This question is mainly for dx and bg tracks if you edit in AB sequence. After re-conform sometimes AA or BB clash together and...

Barajevic
replies: 0 views: 302
Barajevic 1 day ago

Apologies if this topic is redundant, I imagine it may have been discussed before. But I guess I'm feeling a little lazy about...

sailor
replies: 4 views: 492
sailor 2 days ago

Curious about other people's experiences with the JBL Intonato 24. We have had issues with it dropping the remote and muting all...

Chuckadile
replies: 22 views: 1,548
jhg 2 days ago

Just got a request to remix a long-form program to match -22 LUFS short-term for PBS. The program is mixed at -24 LUFS long-term....

NReichman
replies: 5 views: 350
SDDP 2 days ago

Avid MTRX

Hey all, I would love to be able to consolidate all my AD/DAs in one box and the MTRX seems like an ideal candidate. I was...

sonicparticle
replies: 42 views: 3,097
Bruce Keen 2 days ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 68 views: 5,697
SDDP 4 days ago

I've got an Amazon FireTV and usually use Hulu or Netflix to watch my shows, but I recently switched to using one of the...

iluvatar
replies: 0 views: 271
iluvatar 4 days ago

Hey All, I've just exported some newly recorded BGs from Pro Tools and once the files hit the finder all the file names had...

jmdavey
replies: 4 views: 1,551
Farhoof 4 days ago

I have recorded he entire Gospel of Mark in ancient Greek 48khz wav using Ocenaudio. I have each chapter (about 40 verses per...

benny15
replies: 3 views: 380
pentagon 5 days ago

Hi Guys and Gals. Needing a remote setup so that if I get caught out whilst away on a mix I can still handle any project...

nzl62
replies: 2 views: 476
nzl62 5 days ago

Hi, How would you make a newly recorded dialogue 30 years older? We're dubbing an old animation series from the late 80's....

nucelar
replies: 12 views: 686
Vsevolod777 5 days ago

Some questions for re-recording mixers and/or score mixers. I see that the split elements for some scores are delivered with...

Brian Campbell
replies: 4 views: 446
Sventeck 6 days ago

Hi, Setting up my own studio - will be for TV mixing and sound FX edit work on tv/film and looking into controllers at the...

D'Animation
replies: 40 views: 2,659
smurfyou 1 week ago

Looking for ambiences and other sounds from the Galapagos Islands. Anyone know of a good source?

pethenis
replies: 3 views: 349
YannL 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
theMuzzl3 1 week ago

Hi Guys, One of my clients is pushing me to finally go 5.1 surround for a film project, and I'm researching what's involved to...

uarte
replies: 30 views: 6,917
David Parfit 1 week ago

Found this, but does anyone know if the sirens in Central Africa are the same as those in South Africa? South African Sirens |...

Travelers
replies: 0 views: 248
Travelers 1 week ago

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to filmmaking. I'm currently working on a short film in my spare time and have now come...

DrRockzo
replies: 5 views: 521
DrRockzo 1 week ago

I'm looking for some inspiration and a fresh watch list of the best soundtracks in films from this year. I was wondering which...

maria
replies: 19 views: 1,786
david_fowler 1 week ago

What's the go to way to get a remote participant in on a podcast recording - source connect? Skype? How would this get routed in...

KSMUSIC
replies: 4 views: 500
philper 1 week ago

Hi There, I'm in need of a recordist for fx/field recordings and loop group for a film that takes place in rural Texas. Any...

Travelers
replies: 1 views: 358
marty lester 2 weeks ago

Hi, Can someone recommend a surround panner joystick controller, for use with Nuendo in Windows? I know of one option -...

Zanmixr
replies: 9 views: 1,699
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Hi, Does anybody know if iphone 4 ringtones are copyrighted for use in a fiction feature film ? I mean a character has an...

Stieglitz
replies: 10 views: 14,937
SantosEvelyn 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I'm looking for a more efficient way to edit DX but my question is focused on auditioning the assembly. I'm receiving...

Xcurve
replies: 3 views: 551
Xcurve 2 weeks ago

4 years after our first major microphone analysis for voice recordings in 2015, the update for 2019 is now underway. It...

Mixwerk
replies: 2 views: 500
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the OS software for these units. I have 2 DD8's, a DL1500 and a MMR8...

Pabs6000
replies: 1 views: 358
nucelar 2 weeks ago

Hey! Just a short question if anyone here is using Conformalizer for creating a picture cut track? I know that Ediload can do...

kosmokrator
replies: 3 views: 619
The Cargo Cult 2 weeks ago

I though it might be useful to start a thread about levels in Film and Broadcast... Items like Dialnorm settings, dialogue...

georgia
replies: 84 views: 72,468
DB117 2 weeks ago

Has anyone tried the Acon plugins? I'm going to check out theor surround reverb and restoration suite next week.

Henchman
replies: 31 views: 4,234
saagedal 2 weeks ago

Hello fellow slutz and Happy Holidays! I kindly ask for your help clarifying some things I've never dealt with. I mainly do...

DSK
replies: 7 views: 888
evanb 2 weeks ago

interesting, never used any saturation on my film masterbuss what do you think?

cebolao
replies: 15 views: 1,684
Vsevolod777 2 weeks ago

As stated in an earlier post, I'm a music guy by trade and somehow found myself being entrusted with doing the 5.1 mix for a...

iguana
replies: 29 views: 6,614
DB117 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone I've been mixing in the studio where I work, for the past 3 and half years now and I feel confident that I know...

SizMixing
replies: 4 views: 859
Henchman 2 weeks ago

Let's start a thread of this year's Christmas deals... We can start with our stuff - "Doppler + Air" plugins -50%...

KickingSnares
replies: 3 views: 700
KickingSnares 3 weeks ago

Hello! I am working on an animated series and looking for new ways to synthesize a large variety of cute cartoon sound...

Darongol
replies: 3 views: 620
Darongol 3 weeks ago

So I hadn't seen anything on the post forum about this. Sounddogs have released their own desktop app to search your local...

ThisIsSka
replies: 12 views: 1,853
ivomarkovic 3 weeks ago

I produce Audio for Audible.com Audio Books......... they want their final files in .mp3 ...(MP3 - 44.1khz - 16Bit) I typically...

VOodude
replies: 3 views: 539
VOodude 3 weeks ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 18 views: 1,373
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Can you identify these headphones? A friend of mine worked with a Japanese location mixer who was using them, 15 years ago. They...

Branko
replies: 2 views: 667
Branko 3 weeks ago

Wow, I started out on GearSlutz in the Post Production Forum, and was REALLY surprised by how courteous, friendly, professional...

GrizzlyAK
replies: 8 views: 1,441
Henchman 3 weeks ago

Hello, I’m very glad to be a part of this forum. So , I have the request to record soundbites/ dialogue during a speedway...

Szymbura
replies: 5 views: 734
huub 3 weeks ago

I'm having a hard time getting my Dialog to fit within my 5.1 mix the way I think it should in my head. It feels 'hollow' to me,...

GrizzlyAK
replies: 15 views: 1,641
GrizzlyAK 3 weeks ago

Hi guys *** TL;DR: **** Is there a software / cloud service / automated solution to fix drift / sync issues of multiple audio...

rkm82
replies: 6 views: 636
Newmann 3 weeks ago

We've been using RX3 and have stuck with it because it hasn't seemed necessary to change, but now that 5 years have passed since...

elambo
replies: 10 views: 1,003
Henchman 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search