The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 121 views: 360,303
egoboo 10th May 2018

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 200,853
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 63,048
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 84,836
saemola 15th August 2016

Today JBL officially announced they finally are making the 7 series monitors in a powered version. Available as the 705P or the...

Dan Smith
replies: 137 views: 13,943
matisrei 4 minutes ago

Hi, I'm doing a lot of post-production for commercial films with mostly one or more speakers and background music. In between...

speakerfood
replies: 9 views: 302
NReichman 37 minutes ago

The first episode was produced, IMHO, at a good audio level but the second and third episodes were all over the place in terms of...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 29 views: 1,201
Henchman 50 minutes ago

Some might find this interesting: Outstanding in Their Soundfield:‘Westworld’ Mixers Keith Rogers & Andy King...

quadraphonics
replies: 6 views: 301
ErikG 2 hours ago

I'm mixing a bunch of German dubs for a Netflix series and just received a new requirement from Netflix(see quote below) to...

Airon
replies: 92 views: 3,188
ErikG 10 hours ago

HI. I'm working on a movie restoration and the tape recording slows down for a tiny bit and then goes back on track. Capstan...

Marogru
replies: 11 views: 930
jamiehowarth 1 day ago

Yo, how are ya'll doing? I just noticed while working in Audition that the sample rate setting of the built in speakers of my...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 12 views: 407
NReichman 1 day ago

I'm working on a 25FPS project that is delivering in 23.98. I just received a 23.98 picture reference from the editor. I made a...

wilbo
replies: 6 views: 591
kosmokrator 1 day ago

I am a post mixer. I often get sound reports from the production sound team, and I’m wondering if there is any logic to the way...

KSMUSIC
replies: 6 views: 402
iluvcapra 1 day ago

Will be setting up a new surround mix/writing room. I don't have much space, 10' (W) x 24' (L) x 10' (H). I have the choice of...

vudoo
replies: 10 views: 864
ggegan 1 day ago

There is a subtle but annoying hiss which comes in around 2k that I'm trying to get rid of. Heck, just make it quieter! It does...

dv1651st
replies: 2 views: 486
sonnykeyes 2 days ago

What are my options for a mouse (Mac compatible) that has a tilting scroll wheel for side-scrolling in Pro Tools? I find this to...

Alon Wolman
replies: 4 views: 597
Alon Wolman 2 days ago

Ran into some sort of argument with a fellow mixer about fill / roomtone. Do you guys prefer to backfill everything on the DX...

ManuG
replies: 11 views: 881
Henchman 4 days ago

Hi, A client needs 5.1 mixes delivered in SMPTE channel order (L.R.C.LFE.Ls.Rs) In "IO" I can change output-routing...

sounddesvein
replies: 21 views: 734
minister 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,372 views: 236,046
subbasshead 4 days ago

1. Make everyone wear chemical fibers. Clothes from natural materials are too dull. Your movie will sound empty and hollow if you...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 0 views: 536
Oliver.Lucas 4 days ago

Hey all, just tooting my horn as a movie I supervised and mixed is being released in the US next week (June 22): Incident in a...

Steven1145
replies: 0 views: 370
Steven1145 5 days ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 135 views: 9,134
mgoorevich 5 days ago

Someone, anyone, tell me why filmmakers edit in FCPX? Simple easy projects become difficult time-wasters, more complex projects...

philper
replies: 13 views: 616
iluvcapra 6 days ago

So I recently bought an NT4 to do ambience recording with, and my current setup for FX has been an NTG-3 with a Rode blimp. From...

Gohanto
replies: 17 views: 3,621
joglover 1 week ago

Are the MTA subway sounds public domain? Specifically the door chimes?

Input_NYC
replies: 1 views: 426
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi fellow slutters - Thought I'd start a thread on orchestral mixing strategies, specifically related to balancing the...

session bass
replies: 14 views: 963
session bass 1 week ago

I think it was in 1998 when Smrinoff created a great commercial "Bates Hotel". (Making extensive use of Kyma) I have...

Fredo
replies: 3 views: 573
Garret 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
philper 1 week ago

Did audio post for a movie...all of a sudden my BTD for quicktime stopped working. It's a 15 minute movie. When I do a test...

spectrasound
replies: 2 views: 474
spectrasound 1 week ago

i want to upgrade my 5.1 room to 7.1 i will have 6 surround speakers: - 2 left surround side speakers - 2 right surround...

cebolao
replies: 3 views: 587
cebolao 1 week ago

Hello! I tried to find similar information, but did not find it. How do you use tape emulation when mixing a movie? I saw some...

Vsevolod777
replies: 35 views: 1,300
Brent Hahn 1 week ago

Hey All, So I'm using vocalign project 3 in Logic X, I have a pop track with a bajillion vocal tracks. I just finished the comp...

lukeforester1
replies: 2 views: 407
acmusic 1 week ago

This is a vent. I was at a preview tonight for a temp I dubbed earlier this week. I came in half way through to discover there...

iluvcapra
replies: 0 views: 471
iluvcapra 1 week ago
replies: - views: -
Sandyforshort 1 week ago

Hey all, I have an HDX card that started giving me the warning that the fan might be malfunctioning, please shut down and...

minister
replies: 8 views: 701
Mundox 1 week ago

Firstly, the HBO documentary about Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine is brilliant, a must watch. It's insightful and inspirational. Thank...

Mundox
replies: 5 views: 504
DominicBartolini 1 week ago

I bought an Otari MX-5050 off of ebay hoping to warm up my squeaky clean digital recordings. Surprisingly it does not seam to...

Aaron Rash
replies: 40 views: 3,967
seanmccoy 1 week ago

if anyone knows the audio folks at NBC News HQ, please find a way to have your anchor use a quieter input device...or...

marty lester
replies: 0 views: 377
marty lester 1 week ago

I´ve been enjoying the new Lost in space show with my daughter on Netflix. Cool story, visuals and nice sounding show! There...

tha_lode
replies: 1 views: 653
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi guys and gals, I'm working with a VO that was recorded with a boom mic and Zoom recorder. This is for the narrator on an...

Lazer Toms
replies: 4 views: 511
NReichman 1 week ago

Hey guys, it looks as though Blackmagic have rebranded the older Fairlight hardware controllers and have formalised how they are...

matt82aust
replies: 12 views: 937
Oliver.Lucas 1 week ago

Hi friends! I am selling my Cedar Audio DNS3000 dialogue noise suppressor. Details in the Gearslutz second hand classified forum.

dmitri
replies: 0 views: 419
dmitri 2 weeks ago

I make a lot of YouTube videos and have for over 10 years. I feel like over the years my video quality has improved, but my audio...

mandobaron
replies: 6 views: 540
minister 2 weeks ago

Hi, I print my stems back into my protoools session (DX, MX ,FX). I have the avid pro limiter on my stem auxes - not really...

GFPCJ
replies: 5 views: 544
SDDP 2 weeks ago

Avid :New Changes at the Top Avid Strengthens Leadership Team to Accelerate Business Performance

dr.sound
replies: 12 views: 996
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Apple announces tvOS12 with Immersive Dolby Atmos Audio: Read this if you're interested in Immersive Dolby Atmos via...

dr.sound
replies: 0 views: 468
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

Hello everyone, A couple of weeks ago, I was in a studio which used a Tascam X48 multitrack recorder (see link: Product: X-48...

sean.r.copson
replies: 6 views: 1,025
Country Rockstar 2 weeks ago

Hello! I've taken it upon myself to make a soundtrack to the story of me and my other half who is unfortunately leaving the...

scerweyes
replies: 0 views: 381
scerweyes 2 weeks ago

So I hadn't seen anything on the post forum about this. Sounddogs have released their own desktop app to search your local...

ThisIsSka
replies: 2 views: 575
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hi, I'm working on a school project. I recorded the sound for a short film using shotgun mics + Lavalier microphone sets...

caton
replies: 4 views: 564
caton 2 weeks ago

Hello, This is my first post although I have been reading the forums here for about 15 years. I have read a lot on system...

alexidoia
replies: 1 views: 491
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

Hi -- I've read about this in the forum and finally think I may understand, but I just want to make sure that I'm doing things...

frizzy
replies: 6 views: 753
frizzy 2 weeks ago

Han Solo

Anyone else thought dialog and foley sounded pretty bad for a movie of this scale? First 10 minutes were really jarring - ADR...

shock
replies: 32 views: 1,830
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

The Waves WNS now can be had for $600 (a year ago it was $2,800!) whereas the Cedar DNS One is still $3000+ so I thought it's...

Vytis
replies: 25 views: 16,138
Branko 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search