The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 382,938
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 220,194
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 72,125
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 95,164
saemola 15th August 2016

X2Pro should duke me a copy of their app--I end up telling so many well-meaning but clueless FCX-driving filmmakers about it. ...

philper
replies: 7 views: 652
Ovalroaster 3 hours ago

Hi all, I am George and I’m currently a runner at a post production facility in the United Kingdom. My dream is to one day...

g_elliott
replies: 1 views: 468
Amsoily 7 hours ago

Hey all- I'm looking for a list of broadcast loudness standards around the world and I'm having a very hard time finding any...

photobeatsfilm
replies: 7 views: 2,118
promiseone 9 hours ago

How would one recreate the sound that The Six Million Dollar Man made when he did an awesome bionic move? Some kind of synth with...

jebjerome
replies: 90 views: 67,845
quincyg 10 hours ago

I'm moving to a smaller room and looking for new monitors to replace my JBL 6328p (5.1 and sub). I like the JBL but they are too...

Badaboom
replies: 2 views: 325
brandoncross 19 hours ago

Having trouble finding a good kick/ shoe boot sound effect. For use in a scene involving somebody being kicked whilst they're...

ladallen
replies: 5 views: 456
Mundox 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,467 views: 257,015
Undertone_USL 1 day ago

I want to buy a TV enclosure for my 43inch LCD home TV. I have read up some enclosure suppliers like Kinytech, TVshiald. How do...

mrgary
replies: 1 views: 432
Thomas W. Bethe 1 day ago

Hey, everyone. A few of my clients use phone calls in their podcasts and broadcast shows. I'm reluctant to switch to VOIP...

Dan Popp
replies: 13 views: 569
Dan Popp 1 day ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 130 views: 9,657
ErikG 2 days ago

This statement seems it has triggered a few folks: "However, going forward the preferred pricing model will be...

gsilbers
replies: 27 views: 1,621
philper 2 days ago

We are about to upgrade some rooms here. Part of that will be moving from Waves v9.x to v10. I know there aren't a ton of...

quadraphonics
replies: 4 views: 553
SDDP 2 days ago

Support Amazon responds to emails at a very slow pace, and today I must deliver mix for feature film. Does any of you have any...

Piotr Kubiak
replies: 7 views: 890
seanmccoy 3 days ago

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet in the forum but Soundminer v5Pro is out since June 15. $150 for existing v4.5Pro users (who...

pentagon
replies: 6 views: 721
yazoo 3 days ago

We've done a fair amount of mixing for theater, almost always on mid-field monitors. We've noticed that the mixes are slightly...

elambo
replies: 36 views: 1,537
elambo 6 days ago

We are in the process of building up our main mix room to be Atmos certified. Our current sub is a little bit under powered and...

6foot4design
replies: 4 views: 505
6foot4design 6 days ago

Curious if anybody here does audio restoration. What software do you use for this task? I currently use Adobe Audition and...

Hip Hop Head
replies: 19 views: 1,026
gsilbers 1 week ago

Here's Avid's response to the NEW Mac Pro: Avid “Avid’s Pro Tools team is blown away by the unprecedented processing power...

dr.sound
replies: 55 views: 3,238
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

Hi, I’ve asked before but no real response, so final try: does anyone know a good source?

pethenis
replies: 2 views: 495
Newmann 1 week ago

Hi guys, already in touch with Dolby but decide to trow this up to see if someone can shed some light. When trying to record...

rcutz
replies: 14 views: 1,222
quadraphonics 1 week ago

hallo software gearslutz I'm doing more and more ad/synchronization/scoring jobs lately - often with uncompressed video...

Darth Fader
replies: 52 views: 22,839
huub 1 week ago

A client of mine needs to record a celeb VO for a Wildlife documentary in London. What’s the place to be? I’m not asking what...

pethenis
replies: 1 views: 621
minister 1 week ago

Hi everyone, I am looking for D-Command video tutorials, so I can learn it as soon as possible. If you guys know any...

Hovak
replies: 14 views: 4,699
MajorKeyz1 1 week ago

Good afternoon post folks! I’m curious about your lfe or boom tracks. Specifically, what plugs you use, and what your...

postprosound
replies: 8 views: 950
Sventeck 1 week ago
replies: 19 views: 1,583
bernhard 1 week ago

Hey guys I’m doing my first 5.1 mix today and need the most tips and advice in the least amount of time hahaha - Dialogue...

Lontra
replies: 3 views: 686
pethenis 1 week ago

All, I am running into some odd issues with Pro Tools 2019.5 and wanted to see if the group collective have seen anything...

quadraphonics
replies: 10 views: 644
smurfyou 1 week ago

I get consitantly 0.2 lufs more when metering with Pro limiter that with Insight. Stuff that Insight and RX Loudness Control...

tha_lode
replies: 2 views: 858
PraiseStudios 1 week ago

Hi, Could you guys take a listen at this clip ? I work for a production company and every time we do a travel show, or shoot...

Jackie Moon
replies: 6 views: 642
Jackie Moon 2 weeks ago

Hey I've got a question for those of you who work in the British or American movie industry : How do you call, in English, a...

fredje
replies: 4 views: 572
Thomas W. Bethe 2 weeks ago

Hi guys, I've done some research and not yet found any relatable scenario so I guess I'd ask. Here's what happened: My PT...

vocalxiang
replies: 0 views: 414
vocalxiang 2 weeks ago

Okay, all you metropolitan-types! This country bumpkin, who has never experienced immersive audio, will be in New York for the...

seanmccoy
replies: 5 views: 631
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

I am presently working with a picture editor that loves keyframing volume moves/rubber bands to smooth out his dialogue. He...

iluvcapra
replies: 31 views: 1,188
philper 2 weeks ago

Hi All, I currently use an MBox 3 Pro for 5.1 surround monitoring Looking to replace with a USB 3 (not thunderbolt)...

OMNIhopeful
replies: 5 views: 675
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Primary business is tv editorial. Doing more and more sound code ‘discovery’ work at home (yes, I know). Recommend a...

galaydees
replies: 8 views: 1,625
Led 2 weeks ago

Hello Starting a documentary taking place in Mongolia steppe. Cannot find any commercial library. Is anyone here have ideas /...

Simonyeah
replies: 8 views: 822
Simonyeah 2 weeks ago

Here is an interesting breakdown of the Internal Components of the New Mac...

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 710
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hello, I teach at a university. We have a "recording technology" degree. Currently we have a studio with 24 ch SLL...

stevieotomy
replies: 4 views: 696
[email protected] 2 weeks ago

No surround, but it's cheap enough to be worthy of jumping into my template... VSS3 Native | TC Electronic

Steven1145
replies: 27 views: 4,117
sondelux 2 weeks ago

Anyone else seeing this? I have a surround mix 5.1. Music is extending into black on the 5.1 stems only (by one frame exactly),...

brandoncross
replies: 0 views: 504
brandoncross 3 weeks ago

Hey, how do you ADR engineers organize your file names quickly in a session? I've created a new playlist, so that they...

South Brokelyn
replies: 28 views: 1,519
Mundox 3 weeks ago

I always aim to deliver accurate timecode-stamped deliverables. When I check files created in Pro Tools (via Destructive Punch)...

Sndnerd
replies: 5 views: 472
Sndnerd 3 weeks ago

6 HDX cards in a rig...

iluvcapra
replies: 2 views: 629
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Hi All, Just heard saw the announcement about Pro Tools 12.6 and especially the Clip Effects feature. Headed here straight...

Lzon
replies: 53 views: 5,263
sailor 3 weeks ago

Hi All, I've posted this in the Pro Tools forum here on Gearslutz, but without much luck, so thought maybe the Post guru's...

johanze
replies: 4 views: 732
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Here's a question for the hive mind... I'm running Video Slave 4 on a 2.66 quad core Xeon, linked to my PT system. In the VS4...

soundboy
replies: 7 views: 665
Branko 3 weeks ago

I haven't set up my room, but I was just thinking about the Center Speaker. How do people set up their Center Speaker in a 5.1...

siniarch
replies: 8 views: 825
pentagon 3 weeks ago

Started up the system today to mix and found my BlueSky BMC mkii is not working. It lights up, but is stuck on the "BMC...

vicwind
replies: 2 views: 666
vicwind 3 weeks ago

An absolute bargain, Verberate has always been a great and very useful reverb up to 7.1 but now the new version supports Atmos up...

smurfyou
replies: 1 views: 698
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

I was talking to a film music composer the other day and was telling him about my idea to set up a room to video edit and sound...

siniarch
replies: 13 views: 1,285
pentagon 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search