The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

replies: 247 views: 195,910
georgia 5 days ago

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

replies: 46 views: 61,220
bcslaam 1st February 2018

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

replies: 118 views: 353,563
vhollund 31st January 2017

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 82,121
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi fellow audio pros, I am working on a british short film that has a scene where we can hear in the background a TV that...

replies: 2 views: 71
michaelfbates 6 minutes ago

Hello friends. I need your wisdom and help. At the moment I have my LCR´s (JBL 708P) without any extra sub extension from...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 6 views: 210
Ted Krotkiewski 50 minutes ago

We (Signum Audio, based in Edinburgh, Scotland) have just released our first plugin - the Bute Loudness Analyser. Our mission is...

replies: 13 views: 326
russ_signum 2 hours ago

Hello, I am working on a pilot for a comedy show and I have been asked to mix it to be ready for netflix. On TV stuff I usually...

replies: 1 views: 82
michaelfbates 3 hours ago

So, Avid today announced an HD 12.8 version updating it with the Dolby Atmos capabilities. Mixing in Dolby Atmos became pretty...

replies: 90 views: 5,276
kosmokrator 6 hours ago

Hi everyone, I work for a post production company with an extensive sample library but unfortunately as all of audio was...

replies: 8 views: 524
eoats 12 hours ago

I have tried the Nugen VIS LM free demo - but it does seem quite expensive. I think this feeling was amplified by youlean ...

replies: 23 views: 1,923
Youlean 20 hours ago

Immersive theaters changing how we experience film - CNN Style

replies: 3 views: 384
Dragomir 22 hours ago

I'm mixing a short film for movie theaters where I use -27 LUFS as a reference for dialogues. I build up the rest of the mix from...

replies: 7 views: 434
ggegan 22 hours ago

Here's the deal... I have a conundrum. We record a long interview format podcast. In one room there are the vocal booths, each...

replies: 3 views: 427
Thomas W. Bethe 22 hours ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

replies: 95 views: 6,035
Steven1145 1 day ago

howdy guys! I have an audio recording from someone talking on the phone. and I need to make his voice sound as if he wasn't...

replies: 19 views: 911
Willeyh 2 days ago

I've been using the PT control app on my ipad... I downloaded an .xml template from : Pro Tools | Control - Creating...

replies: 13 views: 639
Colliderman 2 days ago

Hello ! I'm new with Izotope RX2 - I've got the software for not long (rental) and I would need advice to get rid of some...

replies: 13 views: 531
David Rick 2 days ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

replies: 17 views: 2,356
Emanuel23 4 days ago

Does anybody know what the Dolby prestripe signal is? Like which channels get which frequencies, and the applicable amplitudes?

replies: 0 views: 358
iluvcapra 4 days ago

Hey guys, just want to be up to date on what awards are out there and worth taking part in these days? Besides the usual...

replies: 3 views: 528
kosmokrator 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

replies: 1,354 views: 232,422
trexbeverly 5 days ago

Hello all, I'm thinking about containers and more specifically, ways to wrap audio. I'm familiar with quicktime wrapping in...

replies: 7 views: 439
tom chapman 5 days ago

Hello, Do you know a (mac) software who can (simply) batch convert audio files from 25fps to 23,976fps ? The files are from...

replies: 13 views: 740
YannL 5 days ago

Hi everyone, we are upgrading our 2.0 TV Mixroom (roughly 9m x 5m x 3,5m) to 5.1 and want to upgrade our Monitoring as well....

replies: 19 views: 4,893
matisrei 6 days ago

Watching ABC network over WEWS-TV. For the past year the network has been dropping in and out of voice sync on a daily basis....

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 351
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hi. I have a film project with dialogue, foley, music and fx on separate channels. I have currently mixed it to stereo for a...

replies: 5 views: 499
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

I have a license for rx6 and have a deal that expires tomorrow. I get the whole post production 2 suite for 149. Shall I go for...

replies: 2 views: 543
Zcream 1 week ago

Does anybody know about good sound effect library with european birds? I am more interested in spot sounds than ambiences.

replies: 1 views: 355
Newmann 1 week ago

I've been asked to provide documentation of sound designers with main title credits on theatrical features in the last 4-5 years....

replies: 32 views: 2,546
Steven1145 1 week ago

Hello, So as the title is saying I'm mixing a short movie and it was recorded in a terrible place with very loud background...

replies: 35 views: 1,291
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hello! I'm a sound for film student at VGIK, a film school in Moscow, Russia. I have 1.5 year left of my 5 year program and I've...

replies: 23 views: 1,209
Jer1cho 1 week ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

replies: 68 views: 10,491
DrSax 1 week ago

Hi all, I hope you can help me with this as I had an unpleasant experience at a film festival last night. I went to a...

replies: 24 views: 3,641
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Anyone have thoughts on this pairing? The sub they originally made to go with the 4328s is discontinued

replies: 30 views: 1,440
NReichman 1 week ago

I am helping create a semi permanent sound installation for a commercial client . They are very strict on licenses for all audio...

replies: 3 views: 364
Gusss 1 week ago

hello together, we are planning to upgrade our TV mixing stage to 5.1. Time to let go of the 1032As (moving to a different...

replies: 9 views: 2,037
Ted Krotkiewski 1 week ago

No spoilers here - just sound talk! I saw The Last Jedi yesterday in a Dolby Atmos theater and was wondering what your thoughts...

replies: 23 views: 2,126
Noisewagon 1 week ago

Hello. I am looking for this Tuk Tuk sound specific to the ones that are in Paris. Apparently they sound different than the...

replies: 1 views: 362
Mundox 1 week ago

Hi, I haven't seen this mentioned around here, seems like a fun and useful toy, not only for the built in weapons but to get the...

replies: 3 views: 641
GeorgeVlad 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 315
zachhopkins 1 week ago

How many editors out there use the multi tool vs selecting between grabber,selector etc? I can’t break the habit of using it...

replies: 45 views: 1,396
ggegan 1 week ago

Hello, Any idea how they project this? I ask this because there are people in front of the screen but there are no...

replies: 3 views: 534
Jamie Mac 2 weeks ago

Hi, When editing the dialogues for a short film, should I edit and put in the DX tracks ONLY the edited region/s with dialogue...

replies: 17 views: 887
mattiasnyc 2 weeks ago

OK, so after struggling with the Aeron for quite some time, I'm beginning to realize what an essential role a good chair...

replies: 43 views: 9,339
nzl62 2 weeks ago

What's everyone's opinion on the picture quality of the better projectors (home projectors, not commercial) vs. the better/best...

replies: 3 views: 540
Schoeller 2 weeks ago

i could not find it, maybe i missed it - but: is there a shortcut for switching between COMPOSITE VIEW adn separate views of...

replies: 11 views: 554
cebolao 2 weeks ago

Hi, I was hoping someone might have recordings of a London crosswalk box (button you push to cross the road) specifically a type...

replies: 2 views: 327
coaxmw 2 weeks ago

Hi All, This question can probably be applied to all types of sound editorial but I chose dialogue because of the sheer number...

replies: 43 views: 2,749
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

Hi, 5 minutes ago I was browsing the new product alert section, when i saw this innocent brusfri...

replies: 19 views: 2,939
Dragomir 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, I'm working on a indie film and i'm having strange things happening when importing AAF's from Premiere into...

replies: 19 views: 805
E Baxter Put 2 weeks ago

Does this exist? I’m looking for a 4K card for my silver tower but I can’t seem to find one anywhere that isn’t a modified...

replies: 44 views: 1,428
SDDP 2 weeks ago

I'm a voice over artist recording predominantly from my own home studio. Looking at a couple of upgrade options to preamp or...

replies: 25 views: 878
RichC 2 weeks ago

Hi folks, I was wondering, as I feel like updating my conforming solution. What would you recommend, EdiLoad or...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 16 views: 943
brandoncross 2 weeks ago

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search