The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 417,705
audionuma 25th May 2020

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 90,297
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 116,040
saemola 15th August 2016

Hello good people of gearslutz. Can anyone explain to me what is the point or advantage of recording MS with omni mic? As I...

Chille
replies: 2 views: 902
TVPostSound 6 hours ago

Hi all - new to 5.1 mixing and trying to set up my room. I've read an equal number of articles stating that the 2 rear speakers...

KSMUSIC
replies: 7 views: 1,356
E Baxter Put 7 hours ago

Help needed! We have a corrupt Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual Bundle license. Protools wants to go to ilok.com and retrieve...

tha_lode
replies: 3 views: 582
Leverson 8 hours ago

Just did an audio test in a moving car. Driving 20-30 mph down a busy street with outside traffic noise, and of course lots of...

jackchandelier
replies: 8 views: 2,302
yazoo 11 hours ago

Rookie question about audio post routing - hope you can help. I have numerous DX tracks all routed to a sub aux DX stem ,with...

LaurenceT
replies: 3 views: 1,188
LaurenceT 15 hours ago

The new Focusrite R1 Controller looks nice. But would this be like a monitor controller, and would this be better than a...

hpmsound
replies: 9 views: 2,939
nlc201 2 days ago

Hi all A client has come to me with a bunch of omf 1 s from 2004 that they want opened and transferred to pro tools sessions....

Garret
replies: 14 views: 2,814
nlc201 2 days ago

Hello! I'm a sound for film student at VGIK, a film school in Moscow, Russia. I have 1.5 year left of my 5 year program and I've...

GregDSmith
replies: 24 views: 2,950
Primsequiew 2 days ago

Does anyone have/ would share a list of international filmfestivals that focus a award on Sounddesign/ Mixing?

belasoul
replies: 0 views: 714
belasoul 2 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,597 views: 287,766
C Hagelskjaer 2 days ago

Hey everybody, was curious what you guys do for breaths in films when it comes to the M&E? I've heard some mixers say they...

eighttwelve
replies: 7 views: 1,899
iluvcapra 2 days ago

Are there 5.1 or greater outputs for Speakerphone 2? I searched their site and manual and have found no information on this.

mizzle
replies: 2 views: 615
mizzle 4 days ago

Does anyone have any recordings of this car? It’s only driven 30mph tops in the show and isn’t around for long so I don’t...

srheiss
replies: 10 views: 1,426
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 23 views: 17,817
StoneGrey 4 days ago

Does anybody know how to set up two pairs of monitors on the Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt?

bberry84
replies: 0 views: 245
bberry84 5 days ago

Anyone know of a VST/AAX that acts in the same manor as the randomizer in Nuendo? Really like it, wanted to see what else is...

zkSfpz
replies: 13 views: 3,404
gsilbers 6 days ago

Some of you may have heard about it already on Social media, but I wouldn't be a gearslut at heart if I didn't post (brag...)...

Steven1145
replies: 16 views: 2,778
Steven1145 6 days ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 95 views: 27,585
Newmann 1 week ago

I need to buy some better algorithm for fps conversion (usually 24fps<>25fps stereo and 5x1). I use iZotope radius before...

Piotr Kubiak
replies: 4 views: 2,190
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Hey everyone! Here's a fun panel we got to be a part of discussing creating the sound of Barry. It includes the picture editor,...

srheiss
replies: 1 views: 1,178
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

Hey is there a good reference/thread somewhere on how to get the most out of Exponential Excalibur? I feel like it could be...

iluvcapra
replies: 1 views: 578
Craig Henighan 1 week ago

Hi all, I am a dialogue editor by trade, but am embarking on a ‘do-everything’ job soon, from edit to mix. The vast...

LaurenceT
replies: 4 views: 1,049
JoeMilner 1 week ago

I own the regular edition of Altiverb, which is fine, since I'm not usually working on 5.1 surround mixes. However, a client...

solingen
replies: 11 views: 7,006
cebolao 1 week ago

Hi all!! Looking for a Blue D Command fader pack ASAP. Let me know if you have one you want to part with! Thanks, Rob...

mixboy bob
replies: 5 views: 1,430
markmaynor 1 week ago

Hi guys! We are upgrading our mix, and part of that is routing playback and recorder through a MTRX. The gear from the...

tha_lode
replies: 18 views: 1,876
apple-q 2 weeks ago

I sometimes work on video projects where the editor reports drift, which is often solved by dealing with the dropframe...

Brent Hahn
replies: 4 views: 519
Brent Hahn 2 weeks ago

Hey guys! I started with a blog under SOUNDS OF REVOLUTION, which I will continuously expand. Here is the...

Oliver Schmitt
replies: 0 views: 538
Oliver Schmitt 2 weeks ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 39 views: 3,836
chrispire 2 weeks ago

Hi there! I was checking the specs for Spotify ads and was a little bit confused. For normal content they are using...

nott
replies: 12 views: 1,138
nott 2 weeks ago

This is something I've been experimenting with, I've been trying figure out methods for creating Sound Particles-like scenes...

iluvcapra
replies: 0 views: 606
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hello, There is something I don't understand in Soundminer (4.5 Pro). For example if I search passby it give me all the sound...

YannL
replies: 6 views: 727
YannL 2 weeks ago

I've been a massive fan of iZotope for a long time, but I really think they've s*** the bed in terms of value and fairness...

marsh_e79
replies: 93 views: 6,445
Garret 2 weeks ago

Anyone pick up anything interesting over Covid period. Kind of fell a bit in love with Nuendo. Dare I say considering the switch...

zkSfpz
replies: 5 views: 824
nucelar 2 weeks ago

Hey gang, I had an idea pop into my head for taking away 'booth air movement' in my ADR tracks being recorded. Context: I'm a...

JaMProductionsNM
replies: 13 views: 1,197
Mundox 2 weeks ago

Has anybody seen this one? For a Showtime docu-style series. This is a deliverable in addition to a "Traditional filled...

pablovius
replies: 5 views: 659
philper 2 weeks ago

I’d love to hear anyone’s experience with this. Especially in terms of possibly using it as a way to predub before hitting...

srheiss
replies: 7 views: 961
Thor 3 weeks ago

Doing a lot of reformatting stems etc and will have to do a lot more over the next few months. Been using Xform in Pro tools but...

D'Animation
replies: 48 views: 10,648
diegodack 3 weeks ago

people seem to go for dolby certified studios when getting their sound mixed for features. i don't blame them, I'd probably do...

soundcat
replies: 8 views: 5,964
jerry123 3 weeks ago

Can anyone please explain what this means in an audio spec document for supply of a mastered file? "Audio Volume: dBA...

michael powell
replies: 6 views: 828
nucelar 3 weeks ago

it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved anybody...

cebolao
replies: 9 views: 1,407
postprosound 3 weeks ago

Hi, I work with videos that have a 2 pop and I was wondering if the measurement of -24lkfs must include the 2 pop and the 2...

tenkas
replies: 12 views: 984
tenkas 3 weeks ago

Hi slutzs, Firsly I apologize if this is already discussed here, but I haven't found my answer. I'm seeing lots of people...

Edinburgh
replies: 10 views: 1,142
paulo m 3 weeks ago

Searching to replace my overcomplicated dx chain with a channelstrip, I came over...

Dragomir
replies: 0 views: 737
Dragomir 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I just became post-production teacher for a Media School here in Switzerland and I am looking for resources to...

andyisdead
replies: 6 views: 822
Brent Hahn 3 weeks ago

I'm having a hard time finding the standard channel layout for 7.1.4 production & monitoring. Can someone post it...

brew
replies: 2 views: 739
NReichman 3 weeks ago

This will be a huge succes in the post...

Jamie Mac
replies: 60 views: 9,113
JonneV 3 weeks ago

Hey all, Does anyone have any recommendations for sources of samples or sample libraries that contain a decent chunk of sheep...

LDStudios
replies: 3 views: 804
matucha 3 weeks ago

I would be grateful for the attached multitracks to movies in 5.1 or 7.1 format. Classical orchestral recordings. Recordings...

Musiccreator
replies: 4 views: 819
NReichman 3 weeks ago

Anyone had success with the update 2020.9.1 for SD2 conversion. This was touted as being brought back with this update and I'm...

mikevarela
replies: 8 views: 849
FlorianE 3 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 256 views: 232,226
waikwanho 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search