The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 121 views: 358,659
egoboo 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 199,679
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 62,581
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 84,172
saemola 15th August 2016

Remember "laurel/yanni" from two weeks ago? I looked at the published spectrograms, realized something more than...

Jay Rose
replies: 0 views: 20
Jay Rose 1 hour ago

Anyone else thought dialog and foley sounded pretty bad for a movie of this scale? First 10 minutes were really jarring - ADR...

shock
replies: 14 views: 658
galaydees 3 hours ago

Hi fellow slutters - Thought I'd start a thread on orchestral mixing strategies, specifically related to balancing the...

session bass
replies: 2 views: 348
pentagon 7 hours ago

Hi -- I've read about this in the forum and finally think I may understand, but I just want to make sure that I'm doing things...

frizzy
replies: 2 views: 407
frizzy 13 hours ago

I'm mixing a bunch of German dubs for a Netflix series and just received a new requirement from Netflix(see quote below) to...

Airon
replies: 13 views: 693
philper 16 hours ago

I am facing this issue, I have recorded with a mkh40 and 30, dozens on files, and now I have to convert them in xy files, I have...

alidav
replies: 3 views: 388
cebolao 16 hours ago

So, I use videoscribe to make whiteboard videos. I normally just render there and upload. The audio quality is perfect this...

Folk_
replies: 7 views: 422
FlorianE 23 hours ago

Why are there so few MultiChannel versions of plugins? Lots of plug ins I would like to use in my multichannel chains but so few...

piratepost
replies: 4 views: 599
piratepost 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,367 views: 235,209
BOOM Library 3 days ago

Hi, at the moment I'm looking for a Mac based sound-search tool and ended by BaseHead and SoundMiner which have near the same...

nott
replies: 46 views: 3,599
Secretservice 3 days ago

Hiya What are you guys using as a mp4 (or any other format for that matter) to quicktime mov converter? what are good and...

RedEyeJedi
replies: 36 views: 2,872
Jamie Mac 3 days ago

Hi, I haven't seen this mentioned around here, seems like a fun and useful toy, not only for the built in weapons but to get the...

nucelar
replies: 5 views: 810
celticrogues 3 days ago

For the sound designers out there, I figured this in-depth guide on how to do sci-fi weapon design would be an interesting read....

aand
replies: 2 views: 1,175
Krotos 4 days ago

Hello Everyone! I'm having a weird problem today and I haven't been able to figure it out by myself, so here I go. I'm...

CELopez
replies: 2 views: 412
Jeff Hayat 4 days ago

Hey guys, being relatively new to the whole Atmos workflow since we just installed our 7.1.4 setup a month ago, I'm right now...

kosmokrator
replies: 24 views: 1,218
sitbh 5 days ago

Hey all, I'm supervising a sound edit for a project that could use a couple hours of loop groups. Any recommendations as to...

tubeman
replies: 5 views: 830
celticrogues 5 days ago

I'll put this here, it merits a mention because it definitely applies to the future of sound effects libraries, though it's not...

iluvcapra
replies: 1 views: 456
Jay Rose 6 days ago

I recently mixed a 10 minute children's video (animation), lots of SFX/original score. Mixed to stereo. My client is requesting...

spectrasound
replies: 5 views: 695
DigitalVictim 6 days ago

Good evening all ! I apologize for the Newb question and want to ask as from the many threads I've read i haven't found comfort...

Goodsie
replies: 16 views: 578
Goodsie 1 week ago

So I am finding on these couple of installation videos I am doing audio for that a typical soundtrack might not work - adds a...

quadcore
replies: 2 views: 434
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi, it has been discussed here a couple of times, but as the newest post is almost 5 years old, I did not want to retrieve...

Kuba_Pietrzak
replies: 8 views: 1,376
Kuba_Pietrzak 1 week ago

Hey Pros!, I am searching for a tool that categorises all my audio samples automatically. I got so many samples, and it's hard...

jmgni
replies: 5 views: 445
iluvcapra 1 week ago

Hi, I'm working on a school project. I recorded the sound for a short film using shotgun mics + Lavalier microphone sets...

caton
replies: 1 views: 383
Newmann 1 week ago

Hello all, In case you missed it, a couple of days ago, we released a new maintenance update for Nuendo 8. In fact it's a...

Guillermo N
replies: 0 views: 374
Guillermo N 1 week ago

075 – Dialog Editing Roundtable Discussion In this episode we gather some of the busiest and best dialog editors working in...

reynaud
replies: 5 views: 1,035
Jared Paul 1 week ago

in all my years of mixing, i've never looked at an OMF export log....until now. i saw this message: OMF Export started. MZ...

marty lester
replies: 0 views: 336
marty lester 1 week ago

The following 10 tips for the Soundminer software are often asked questions and aimed at both experienced users and beginners....

guido4
replies: 0 views: 361
guido4 1 week ago

Today I gave the Album From Avril Lavigne Let Go a shot And it sounds very well produced. I love how clear it sounds, sometimes...

tomdelonge1
replies: 0 views: 377
tomdelonge1 1 week ago

Hi guys. I work in a post studio with 6 workstations in a Mac environment. We're considering getting the Synology NAS (1817+,...

6foot4design
replies: 15 views: 1,489
speakerfood 1 week ago

I'm a GearSlutz virgin. This is my 1st post. Be nice to me. :lol: Here's the situation: I recorded a DYI video in a warehouse...

IvanTheEditor
replies: 21 views: 838
cally_d 1 week ago

Fairlight Announces Divestment of its Professional Audio Technology | Press Releases | News & Events | Fairlight

ThisIsSka
replies: 219 views: 24,084
DEVO1982 1 week ago

Hi Folks, I'm mixing a 1 hour doc in stereo for a cinema viewing. What levels should I aim for? Is R-128 OK? or will I...

egoboo
replies: 5 views: 577
philper 1 week ago

Don't ask why... but unusual circumstances have meant that I've been tasked with delivering a mix of a short film that will be...

M.L.
replies: 6 views: 571
M.L. 1 week ago

Hey all, I have an HDX card that started giving me the warning that the fan might be malfunctioning, please shut down and...

minister
replies: 7 views: 554
minister 2 weeks ago

some time ago the general advice what, fix your loudspeaker to get -20 db fs and get 89 dB SPL and just make your mix, there is...

alidav
replies: 5 views: 980
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Hi all, it's been a while. I have good success writing/composing music and mixing it for television and artists, but almost all...

noah440
replies: 2 views: 510
noah440 2 weeks ago

Hi - I work for Krotos Audio and would be really interested to hear about your typical workflow when creating weapon sounds for...

Krotos
replies: 2 views: 486
cebolao 2 weeks ago

I'm mixing a reality show now and lately I've got quite a few clips in that sound like the recordist mixed the boom and lav...

sonnykeyes
replies: 2 views: 443
sonnykeyes 2 weeks ago

Hey all, Writing in this forum as I think you guys will have the best idea for best practice... I’m a composer, and...

Bishbashbosh
replies: 7 views: 573
Andrew Mottl 2 weeks ago

I need sounds of various broken car engines. Of course I already have a assortment of engines failing to start, but I am looking...

ErikG
replies: 6 views: 581
Mundox 2 weeks ago

I am mixing a short movie where I worked into in a local project 4 minutes short movie, nothing challenging, just fixing some...

alidav
replies: 3 views: 549
Mundox 2 weeks ago

i want to get the qsc screen channel speakers for my post room, and put them behind the perforated screen. i already have the...

cebolao
replies: 15 views: 1,785
mgoorevich 2 weeks ago

SoundWorks Collection - Sound Effects Master Class with Mark Mangini

Emmanuel
replies: 0 views: 398
Emmanuel 2 weeks ago

Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with VSTi or similar for placing foley, and if so which libraries/players are...

mattiasnyc
replies: 31 views: 1,528
Fredo 2 weeks ago

Hey, Does anyone have any insight into LEQ metering software for a DCP? I'm editing a trailer in Premiere Pro to export in...

replies: 3 views: 425
reynaud 2 weeks ago

I am working on a feature where there is a scene with a lightsaber (it’s a comedy). The fact that it is a star wars...

ErikG
replies: 12 views: 852
Lontra 2 weeks ago

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I've been listening to the Wolverine: The Long Night podcast and the sound...

Jake
replies: 0 views: 460
Jake 2 weeks ago

hi there! last days i found out, la2a nor 1176 plugs from UA wont work for me on my (production recorded) dialogues. both...

svmn
replies: 190 views: 27,078
cebolao 2 weeks ago

I´ve been enjoying the new Lost in space show with my daughter on Netflix. Cool story, visuals and nice sounding show! There...

tha_lode
replies: 0 views: 447
tha_lode 2 weeks ago

Hello there! Here is my a little experiment dedicated to sound changes at the distance. Perhaps you will be interested in...

Mysticman
replies: 6 views: 474
Mysticman 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search