The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 384,004
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 221,154
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 72,704
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 95,723
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi! Am looking for recommendations for a source connect studio in edinburgh for out of hours bookings. Anyone have a preferred...

matt82aust
replies: 2 views: 509
dogandpony 1 hour ago

Hello frens, Just wondering about true peak levels for your guys' LFE channels in 5.1 mixes. Like after printing a low passed...

machinedumb
replies: 15 views: 977
philper 9 hours ago

Is there an elegant solution for a dual U87 placement as far mic stands go? I always find myself wrestling with the current...

Mundox
replies: 3 views: 374
Sventeck 11 hours ago

Hey Guys! I posted this over on the DUC as well, but I figured there were guys here doing post prod sfx that have been using...

drBill
replies: 39 views: 3,297
Bowenmao 1 day ago

Hallo, I was offered a Fairlight Xynergi system that was pulled from a studio workplace. There's the Xynergi controller the...

DD126
replies: 5 views: 642
smurfyou 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,470 views: 258,232
antinode 1 day ago

How can I make my sound design sound like a mixture on these shows/movies/sound designers: Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi:...

Ooglyeye
replies: 2 views: 660
Uncle Bob 2 days ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 53 views: 7,143
thermisonic 2 days ago

I would like to acquire a simple hardware decoder for AC3/DTS 5.1 so I can easily analyze the audio mixes in my blu-ray...

simplecarnival
replies: 6 views: 557
DominicBartolini 2 days ago

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere. I looked at several posts and all seemingly had to do with more complicated problems...

tone
replies: 6 views: 765
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

Hi everybody! Now I am mixing in 5.1 surround sound songs by the group Ogria Pravednikov from Moscow, Russia. Original album was...

dess
replies: 3 views: 694
dess 2 days ago

Have any of you studio owners (you know who you are) noticed a spike in the DWP bills for your facility? I was just floored by...

soundboy
replies: 36 views: 3,077
eoats 3 days ago

I'm working on something with a lot of crowd reactions - curious what the consensus is on this. 'Ya!' is understandably english -...

Sndnerd
replies: 8 views: 866
sitbh 5 days ago

Hi all, I am George and I’m currently a runner at a post production facility in the United Kingdom. My dream is to one day...

g_elliott
replies: 1 views: 944
Henchman 6 days ago

The following applies to a Windows rig not sure about Mac. In PT 10 and earlier a plugin could be used on top of the video...

Brian Campbell
replies: 7 views: 832
Brian Campbell 1 week ago

Hello fellow slutz! The recording stage of an audio book is now done. No compression was applied during the recording. Dry...

tv_engineer_lnd
replies: 12 views: 3,837
Mundox 1 week ago

Hi Everyone, I had a possible dumb question here. I might have the chance to build a room from scratch. The current designed...

siniarch
replies: 15 views: 1,032
siniarch 1 week ago

Hello, I’m hoping if some of you post guys can clear out some of my confusion. I’m making a jump from the usual...

Sidharth123
replies: 16 views: 1,983
siniarch 1 week ago

Good afternoon post folks! I’m curious about your lfe or boom tracks. Specifically, what plugs you use, and what your...

postprosound
replies: 11 views: 1,436
DrStrangeBeat 1 week ago

I was listening to Gary Bourgeois on the Tonebenders Podcast and he was saying he almost always starts with a 4db cut on his...

Tapwatr
replies: 19 views: 1,530
Xcurve 1 week ago

Hey, anyone knows if this is possible with the metadata still in place after de-muxing? What's the workflow you guys use to...

kosmokrator
replies: 7 views: 815
iluvcapra 1 week ago

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet in the forum but Soundminer v5Pro is out since June 15. $150 for existing v4.5Pro users (who...

pentagon
replies: 9 views: 1,268
iluvcapra 1 week ago

X2Pro should duke me a copy of their app--I end up telling so many well-meaning but clueless FCX-driving filmmakers about it. ...

philper
replies: 20 views: 1,410
philper 1 week ago

Is it possible to create a dolby rmu using a pc and specific rme MADI cards with Hammerfall DSP and TC cards and use it with...

modroach
replies: 15 views: 811
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hello, post-pro folks! I’m interested in creating truthful presets for reverbs/delays when working with dialogues, foleys. But...

Omtadoog
replies: 2 views: 669
Omtadoog 1 week ago

We just got greenlit by the bank to build our new Dolby Atmos feature mixing studio! Exciting (and tiring) times ahead. I'll try...

Steven1145
replies: 8 views: 1,195
Steven1145 1 week ago

How do you think of this track? https://100audio.com/en/download/1149181/

565EDDIE
replies: 0 views: 581
565EDDIE 1 week ago

Hey everyone, Do any of you know if the deliverables for YouTube Originals content differs from the rest of YouTube? From...

LDStudios
replies: 4 views: 955
Tapwatr 1 week ago

I have read so many great things in this and other sections of this great forum, and now I think it's time to open my quest to...

billjv
replies: 9 views: 644
billjv 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 589
PeterChamberlain 2 weeks ago

Hi, newbie here. I've just bought a wonderful 5.1 system based on 5x 8320 + 1x 7350, but I have a couple of doubts (and 3...

adrjork
replies: 0 views: 525
adrjork 2 weeks ago

Hello. I'm trying to find a microphone for creating short videos on my blog. I really need sound quality in noisy environments,...

Techmax
replies: 1 views: 453
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Moderator please delete - duplicate post.

billjv
replies: 0 views: 371
billjv 2 weeks ago

Hi, Doing some research for a job. Anyone use Dolby's Personalised Audio (or know if it exists yet or is slide-ware)?...

TheMightyReel
replies: 3 views: 677
huub 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody. Usually a musician, I made this sound collection which is more aimed at sound...

fredje
replies: 3 views: 630
fredje 2 weeks ago

I completed mixing a film then I got scared I screwed ip the audio - where the city scenes were one sound - meter read close to...

contax
replies: 12 views: 1,094
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

Hey, everyone. A few of my clients use phone calls in their podcasts and broadcast shows. I'm reluctant to switch to VOIP...

Dan Popp
replies: 17 views: 887
Dan Popp 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I have a couple of mostly functioning Fairlights here that seem to hang up at the boot screen, after the system...

Nigel99
replies: 1 views: 815
maisonvague 2 weeks ago

It's understood that the Peak ceiling does not reflect in any way perceptual loudness or SPL over time. However would a Leq(m)...

ptfigg
replies: 5 views: 1,264
eighttwelve 2 weeks ago

Hello, One of our clients got a request to create LRC files for these short children's audio books. Has anyone here done...

Mundox
replies: 0 views: 531
Mundox 2 weeks ago

Hey all- I'm looking for a list of broadcast loudness standards around the world and I'm having a very hard time finding any...

photobeatsfilm
replies: 8 views: 2,418
cebolao 2 weeks ago

I'm looking for any and all suggestions for mics that have ultra-high bandwidth. I know about the EarthWorks QTC-50 (50kHz...

charlieclouser
replies: 7 views: 942
charlieclouser 2 weeks ago

How would one recreate the sound that The Six Million Dollar Man made when he did an awesome bionic move? Some kind of synth with...

jebjerome
replies: 90 views: 68,418
quincyg 3 weeks ago

I'm moving to a smaller room and looking for new monitors to replace my JBL 6328p (5.1 and sub). I like the JBL but they are too...

Badaboom
replies: 2 views: 715
brandoncross 3 weeks ago

Having trouble finding a good kick/ shoe boot sound effect. For use in a scene involving somebody being kicked whilst they're...

ladallen
replies: 5 views: 668
Mundox 3 weeks ago

I want to buy a TV enclosure for my 43inch LCD home TV. I have read up some enclosure suppliers like Kinytech, TVshiald. How do...

mrgary
replies: 1 views: 626
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 130 views: 10,074
ErikG 3 weeks ago

This statement seems it has triggered a few folks: "However, going forward the preferred pricing model will be...

gsilbers
replies: 27 views: 1,888
philper 3 weeks ago

We are about to upgrade some rooms here. Part of that will be moving from Waves v9.x to v10. I know there aren't a ton of...

quadraphonics
replies: 4 views: 747
SDDP 3 weeks ago

Support Amazon responds to emails at a very slow pace, and today I must deliver mix for feature film. Does any of you have any...

Piotr Kubiak
replies: 7 views: 1,072
seanmccoy 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search