The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 124 views: 375,614
eighttwelve 2 weeks ago

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 214,288
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 62 views: 68,755
Ovalroaster 6th December 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 91,703
saemola 15th August 2016

Question like in the title: how do you estimate time of audio post production? I mean how do you know how much time you need...

biardakmix
replies: 4 views: 259
gsilbers 1 hour ago

I’m on Sierra - been having some video and stability issues - anyone have a solid combo?

breaktheory
replies: 4 views: 356
NReichman 5 hours ago

Hey there, hoping to find some input from the cloud crowd on a job desciption/credit. Let's say you are brought on at the end of...

Andrew Mottl
replies: 0 views: 135
Andrew Mottl 8 hours ago

Guys, There's a new DMG Plug In that just arrived: DMG Audio : Products : Multiplicity Here is a link to the Gearsluts...

dr.sound
replies: 3 views: 709
thermisonic 10 hours ago

Hi Guys, How do most of you record and edit your vehicle sounds for audio post and game audio? As I'm sure many of you...

Krotos
replies: 0 views: 144
Krotos 10 hours ago

Are most people here printing their final mixes in real-time to a track? I have been 'bouncing to disk' in non-real time which,...

Wheelie
replies: 4 views: 221
quadraphonics 11 hours ago

Hi! I am looking at my upgrade options since my computer I am working with right now is drawing it's last breaths.. I...

pettah93
replies: 11 views: 906
tom_lowe 11 hours ago

OK, maybe not new, but re-worked/re-released by Waves in AAX format. Haven't played with this version yet, but have played with...

cjguitar
replies: 39 views: 4,638
tom_lowe 11 hours ago

HI Guys. I'm looking for an offline LUFS or LKFS plugin that will measure the file and spit out a report. I have very long...

Marogru
replies: 26 views: 13,893
mattiasnyc 12 hours ago

Hi all, I would like to open a discussion on reverb tips, approaches and tricks when mixing in ATMOS. I'll add my...

Tristan Baylis
replies: 6 views: 542
apple-q 14 hours ago

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on tracklaying helicopters for an action film. I love hearing how different editors...

maria
replies: 13 views: 973
deedeeyeah 18 hours ago

All, I am looking for ways to better inter-operate with our video editing department. There are times when we are given rough...

quadraphonics
replies: 5 views: 382
quadraphonics 1 day ago

Hi everybody, interesting video about a discussion panel. Topic: Formats: The Technologies Behind Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D and DTS...

Fred vom Jupiter
replies: 54 views: 2,488
pentagon 2 days ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 72 views: 15,786
digital 1010 2 days ago

I'm fixing this scene for an editor today, and before I run it into iZotope I'm bumping the lav tracks up 36 dB and they're still...

iluvcapra
replies: 22 views: 961
thermisonic 2 days ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 24 views: 2,145
Thomas W. Bethe 2 days ago

Hi all! I am going to buy Basehead later this week and I am researching whether I should go for the Standard or the Ultra...

pettah93
replies: 3 views: 488
Andrew Mottl 3 days ago

I want to connect a BR Player to my Audient Asp 510 which comes with Dsub 21pin Inputs only. To playback reffernce 5.1 mixes...

belasoul
replies: 2 views: 345
belasoul 3 days ago

Zaxcom Fader Motion Capture on Vimeo Interesting video--I just heard about this. The late-model Zax "Deva" recorders...

philper
replies: 7 views: 554
philper 3 days ago

So I’m on v 2018 ultimate and my subscription expires in 3 days...(so I’ll be left w my current version but won’t be able...

breaktheory
replies: 38 views: 1,712
Jay Rose 3 days ago

Had a request for some deliverables at 44.1kHz 16Bit the other day and got me curious as to whether anyone in TV and film are...

GFPCJ
replies: 0 views: 329
GFPCJ 3 days ago

My 2009 Mac Pro finally took a dump on me and I'm needing to replace it. I was going to get a Macbook Pro since I'm going to be...

srheiss
replies: 21 views: 2,180
clipgod 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,431 views: 249,662
mattwaites 4 days ago

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions, likes/dislikes on these. I'm thinking of picking up one of them, but haven't used...

[email protected]
replies: 45 views: 20,925
PatrickFaith 4 days ago

Howdy, I've started doing post work as a side project and it is going great. So great in fact that I really need to up my game...

Hammer v2
replies: 10 views: 815
philper 1 week ago

Hello Everybody! So I'm moving to a new mix room at work. The goal is to have access to the original room (where VO booth...

Jesse Peterson
replies: 2 views: 595
Jesse Peterson 1 week ago

Hi all - I work in games and often have 10,000+ lines of dialogue to mix and export separately. It takes me soo much time so I'd...

eyezenears
replies: 7 views: 700
eyezenears 1 week ago

Hi guys im editing my first project im looking for some basic and advanced backgrounds editing techniques how do you fit...

aleafgadol
replies: 19 views: 2,898
Ovalroaster 1 week ago

I've been asked to do some audio production for radio adverts. Doe's anybody know what the standard levels are? I'm thinking,...

MrTinkle
replies: 63 views: 21,706
Ebeowulf17 1 week ago

Hey Folks- Brief intro- I'm in audio post and over the past few years I've been thoroughly unsuccessful in getting a functional...

mvtto
replies: 7 views: 464
Jamie Mac 1 week ago

Hello! I studied all the possible topics in this section, but still have not received an answer. I mix my own movie with...

Vsevolod777
replies: 20 views: 1,302
cebolao 1 week ago

Hi, Setting up my own studio - will be for TV mixing and sound FX edit work on tv/film and looking into controllers at the...

D'Animation
replies: 52 views: 3,516
PatrickFaith 1 week ago

Hi guys. I recently heard from a friend, that movie studios were degrading the LFE channel for the consumer market by highpassing...

Fred vom Jupiter
replies: 78 views: 2,133
Fred vom Jupiter 1 week ago

I figured people in this sub might have the best idea. I just came across a thread on the vi forum, in regards to getting...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 40 views: 1,641
mattiasnyc 1 week ago

I have read several claims that JBL suspport and development since the Samsung take over is "lacking". I'd love to...

ErikG
replies: 9 views: 821
mgoorevich 1 week ago

Does anyone who has Intonato 24 ever had an issue of booting the system ? Couldn't booting today and keep flashing power light...

dedefawj
replies: 3 views: 557
mgoorevich 1 week ago

I’m working on a short film and the big ending sound is a kitten who is being abandoned (aww!). Currently, the last “meow”...

Danielebon
replies: 12 views: 787
Jared Paul 1 week ago

Hi. I'm new member. Pleased meet you guys. I have a question about recoding "voice" like for radio , voice message...

blueink
replies: 10 views: 782
ripple_fx1 1 week ago

Hey, all. Waves IR360 is available for cheap today, and I can find very little discussion of it online. I can't justify springing...

seanmccoy
replies: 2 views: 452
seanmccoy 2 weeks ago

Would there be any benefit to dual subs in a smaller mix room? 16.5' X 20' x 10'. I have heard that it might provide tighter,...

soundboy
replies: 4 views: 610
Fredo 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, a couple quick questions about standards for mixing commercials - I posted this in the sticky at the top, but sometimes...

eighttwelve
replies: 6 views: 751
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Hi all, How often are people finding clothing rustle a problem? Im working on a programme at the moment that is pretty much...

Rk10
replies: 8 views: 773
Rk10 2 weeks ago

Hi! I´m studying to be a sound technician and at the moment I am mixing a song we recorded in class.I have some doubts about...

benathenry
replies: 10 views: 1,347
Dragomir 2 weeks ago

I've posted about this before, but the issue has become an even bigger problem: If you run Audiosuite Spectral De-noise v7...

NReichman
replies: 13 views: 859
NReichman 2 weeks ago

4 years after our first major microphone analysis for voice recordings in 2015, the update for 2019 is now underway. It...

Mixwerk
replies: 3 views: 915
SkyPirate 2 weeks ago

Hi all, A 633 only has 3 XLR micinputs . I'm interest in how pros use the 3 TA3 line inputs. Can Lectrosonics be ran straight...

Rk10
replies: 3 views: 455
philper 2 weeks ago

Hi. Buy the jbl 7 series line with speaker 8 " 708p bi amplified recommended for immersive sound in 7.1 surround...

ALJ
replies: 6 views: 1,117
mgoorevich 2 weeks ago

hello I want to start filimg my self at home doing covers of songs I want some camera under 200 pound I tried use iphone 7 but...

dynamite29
replies: 0 views: 437
dynamite29 2 weeks ago

What's the go to way to get a remote participant in on a podcast recording - source connect? Skype? How would this get routed in...

KSMUSIC
replies: 9 views: 1,044
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

I do a lot of voice-over recording in Logic Pro X. I know there is a way in Pro Tools (at least to mark the areas you want out),...

speakerfood
replies: 4 views: 542
sirthought 2 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search