The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 418,730
audionuma 25th May 2020

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 90,645
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 116,316
saemola 15th August 2016

So, I mixed a short film the other day and this happened: -Basic stereo mix for Youtube, some music, some dialogue and...

FixMy106
replies: 8 views: 568
philper 3 minutes ago

COMING FEBRUARY 2021- PUEBLO AUDIO's NEW JR2/2-ADR • Dual Mic Preamp with Gain Pots &...

PuebloAudio
replies: 7 views: 314
RecRoom 4 hours ago

I am aware that Netflix and others stream 7.1, but are there streaming services for music in 7.1 anywhere? If not, how about...

mizzle
replies: 4 views: 237
mizzle 20 hours ago

it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved anybody...

cebolao
replies: 12 views: 2,241
akinla 1 day ago

Looking for speaker EQ for my small 5.1 mixroom. Trinnov seems to be the best, but the Trinnov MC 8 + it's microphone will be...

KSMUSIC
replies: 13 views: 663
Schmanuel 1 day ago

Big new Davinci / Fairlight update has just come out with some tasty...

matt82aust
replies: 24 views: 4,609
smurfyou 1 day ago

for me it's weird, after 20+ years i kind of got used to the "classic" mode but - finally the screen is not shining...

cebolao
replies: 30 views: 4,542
nucelar 1 day ago

Hey guys, just had a VO recording session with a non-pro VO talent at home and producer also at home (for Covid...

kosmokrator
replies: 2 views: 531
kosmokrator 2 days ago

Im considering a switch from Madi to Dante (or run both not decided) but I have not really found a lot of interesting IO...

ErikG
replies: 11 views: 1,570
ErikG 2 days ago

Hi fellow Slutz! For a project that we are currently working on we are desperately seeking Maltese Walla. From simple...

Pedro_vde
replies: 1 views: 195
Newmann 2 days ago

Hello everyone, and a prosperous new year for all. I have a stereo file that the bass is on the left channel only, and I'm...

Basslik
replies: 13 views: 1,169
kosmokrator 3 days ago

Hi all. I hope you can help me with some hardware/software recommendations. Background: I recently got into producing my...

MrJof
replies: 7 views: 520
Dear Reality 3 days ago

Current setup. -7.1 TV/film predub room JBL cinema speakers (M220) I'm very comfortable mixing and cutting in. I've done ton...

feaker
replies: 8 views: 2,283
Sventeck 4 days ago

I saw this great list in this forum. https://www.rtw.com/en/blog/worldwide-loudness-delivery-standards.html Can somebody in post...

JDN
replies: 7 views: 710
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,602 views: 289,556
trexbeverly 5 days ago

Supposedly this is possible. Not just the bed mixing 7.1.4 (or whatever the current iteration is), but the object placement with...

mizzle
replies: 2 views: 494
mizzle 5 days ago

S6 users - do you prefer screens or displays? For those that prefer AND displays the placement of screens has to be moved to the...

ErikG
replies: 3 views: 827
kosmokrator 6 days ago

Hello all! I posted this in the "So Much Gear, So Little Time" room, got some great feedback, and also got a great...

bluesmonk
replies: 3 views: 836
huub 6 days ago

Hi, We Sound Effects is looking for some collaborators/contributors to We Sound Effects Blog. Our blog focus on supporting the...

We Sound Effects
replies: 0 views: 245
We Sound Effects 6 days ago

Hi forum, unless I had somehow missed it before, this is new. Apple now supports DNxHD on OS level. You can play DNxHD files...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 3 views: 1,056
NReichman 6 days ago

Hello folks, I am planning to upgrade my graphic card due to solve some driver issues that cause trouble with a software which...

aliyjam
replies: 2 views: 1,338
aliyjam 6 days ago

So, from one perspective it seems better to mix to Third-Order Ambisonics, then downmix to any of the needed output formats for...

mizzle
replies: 4 views: 327
mizzle 6 days ago

Hi :) I can not get Cubase to recognize my DeckLink card(s). Can someone suggest sw that will allow me to load video, play...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 10 views: 3,645
Fredo 1 week ago

This guy was playing Persona 5 and got this from Twitch. https://twitter.com/michalroninnerd/status/1326121772144529410 Is...

Airon
replies: 0 views: 286
Airon 1 week ago

Just received my TC ELECTRONIC CLARITY M meter. Nice. seems quick / responsive. easy to use. switching between live audio...

georgia
replies: 103 views: 29,565
gorguts6 1 week ago

Is it any good? I know it's not going to be the same as discrete speakers...but I'm doing more immersive stuff, and what I'd like...

Led
replies: 31 views: 6,096
Andrew Mottl 1 week ago

Hi! Do you always setup your template the same for every project-type, like having a "master template" that is a...

pettah93
replies: 9 views: 5,913
berniebeaudry 1 week ago

So, there are obviously many tools for simulating indoor spaces: pretty much every reverb on the market is some form of...

mizzle
replies: 17 views: 5,367
mizzle 1 week ago

Hi All, Like the title say, is that standard very common in Europe for TV ? I'm asking cause I'm being asked to complied ATSC...

Dunebuggy
replies: 8 views: 2,897
YannL 2 weeks ago

Just did an audio test in a moving car. Driving 20-30 mph down a busy street with outside traffic noise, and of course lots of...

jackchandelier
replies: 10 views: 2,986
PatrickFaith 2 weeks ago

Fellow Gearslutz members, I'm currently studying at UWL in London (Record Production MA), albeit I'm obviously not actually...

BarryLimestone
replies: 16 views: 1,767
BarryLimestone 2 weeks ago

I'm trying to mix/compose/sound design several scenes in a film in Logic X--yes, Logic X, and I don't want to get into a...

Brendan Baker
replies: 12 views: 11,208
philper 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone! I'm facing a problem here in a studio where I work I'm using RX Isotope Loudness Control with Protools. Using...

ravenunraveled
replies: 2 views: 1,179
TVPostSound 3 weeks ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 43 views: 5,081
GenelecSupport 3 weeks ago

a client wants 5.1 audio delivered as 3 x stereo interleaved files instead ofa 5.1 interleaved file. I mean what on earth is the...

ErikG
replies: 15 views: 1,442
Tapwatr 3 weeks ago

Help needed! We have a corrupt Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual Bundle license. Protools wants to go to ilok.com and retrieve...

tha_lode
replies: 6 views: 1,726
tha_lode 3 weeks ago

Anyone willing to trade/sell some good Maserati sounds? All models welcome :-)

pethenis
replies: 0 views: 766
pethenis 3 weeks ago

Hi, for any of you who, like me, go between mixing music in stereo and 5.1 for post: Do you use separate speaker monitors for...

echomagic
replies: 4 views: 1,547
pethenis 3 weeks ago

I have LRC in 8" version of manufacturer's higher end model and surrounds are 6" lower end model. How important do you...

siniarch
replies: 2 views: 2,152
siniarch 4 weeks ago

(I wrote this first on music computers but got no responses) I'm planning a new Mac system and would like to hear experiences...

delay
replies: 1 views: 935
adomaimamelneach 4 weeks ago

Hello good people of gearslutz. Can anyone explain to me what is the point or advantage of recording MS with omni mic? As I...

Chille
replies: 9 views: 3,108
RayHeath 4 weeks ago

Some of you may have heard about it already on Social media, but I wouldn't be a gearslut at heart if I didn't post (brag...)...

Steven1145
replies: 17 views: 3,202
dogandpony 4 weeks ago

Hi all!! Looking for a Blue D Command fader pack ASAP. Let me know if you have one you want to part with! Thanks, Rob...

mixboy bob
replies: 6 views: 1,692
Tapwatr 4 weeks ago

Rookie question about audio post routing - hope you can help. I have numerous DX tracks all routed to a sub aux DX stem ,with...

LaurenceT
replies: 8 views: 3,213
starcrash13 4 weeks ago

Hi all - new to 5.1 mixing and trying to set up my room. I've read an equal number of articles stating that the 2 rear speakers...

KSMUSIC
replies: 8 views: 2,096
pentagon 4 weeks ago

Running into an odd issue. Mac Pro Trash Can 2013, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5. Lately I've been noticing that I'm getting an...

mikevarela
replies: 1 views: 915
quadraphonics 4 weeks ago

Hi all A client has come to me with a bunch of omf 1 s from 2004 that they want opened and transferred to pro tools sessions....

Garret
replies: 16 views: 3,720
Garret 4 weeks ago

The new Focusrite R1 Controller looks nice. But would this be like a monitor controller, and would this be better than a...

hpmsound
replies: 9 views: 3,432
nlc201 4 weeks ago

Hello! I'm a sound for film student at VGIK, a film school in Moscow, Russia. I have 1.5 year left of my 5 year program and I've...

GregDSmith
replies: 24 views: 3,186
Primsequiew 4 weeks ago

Does anyone have/ would share a list of international filmfestivals that focus a award on Sounddesign/ Mixing?

belasoul
replies: 0 views: 1,197
belasoul 19th October 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search