The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Post Production forum

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 121 views: 362,265
egoboo 10th May 2018

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 250 views: 202,336
waikwanho 27th March 2018

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 47 views: 63,664
kosmokrator 24th March 2018

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 85,721
saemola 15th August 2016

Anybody have a recording of this? Or does anyone know a chemist that would be willing to stage this for me? YouTube

iluvcapra
replies: 1 views: 280
Jay Rose 2 hours ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,380 views: 237,673
trexbeverly 8 hours ago

I realize this is more of a film mixing question but... I am in the process of creating a dedicated home theater room and of...

KevWind
replies: 44 views: 8,792
cebolao 1 day ago

Hey All, tl;dr why does diversity in logic x's surround panner sound so awful? I'm trying to start my first surround short...

skillbard
replies: 3 views: 389
skillbard 1 day ago

In a couple of weeks I will begin mixing an Amazon Studios series that will be in the Atmos format for home theater. It looks to...

ggegan
replies: 69 views: 6,407
Airon 1 day ago

Han Solo

Anyone else thought dialog and foley sounded pretty bad for a movie of this scale? First 10 minutes were really jarring - ADR...

shock
replies: 34 views: 2,218
Airon 1 day ago

I'm using 5 x LSR6328 + subs and very happy but they are too big for my B room. What about 5 x Focal Solo 6 + Sub ? Thanks

vudoo
replies: 3 views: 357
brandoncross 1 day ago

Hi everyone, we are upgrading our 2.0 TV Mixroom (roughly 9m x 5m x 3,5m) to 5.1 and want to upgrade our Monitoring as well....

Heni40
replies: 21 views: 6,025
IkennaFuNkEn 2 days ago

I had the Pleasure of being the Moderator at The Television Academy As The Cinema Audio Society and Warner Brothers Presented...

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 508
dr.sound 2 days ago

I was looking to some alternative monitors for my set up (mostly TV mixing) and noticed that "powered" or...

philper
replies: 25 views: 992
smurfyou 2 days ago

The JBL Intonato price point appears to be hard to beat. 24 i/o digital analog...Anyone have any thoughts on the quality of the...

piratepost
replies: 176 views: 11,316
originalscottyg 3 days ago

Hi, Im wondering how everybody would use a limiter in this situation. Im mixing voiceover for a TV ad. I am working to the...

Rk10
replies: 1 views: 360
kosmokrator 3 days ago

I've been thinking about ways to improve my edit/mix process -- specifically I'm wondering if I'm being as efficient as I could...

sailor
replies: 8 views: 600
Garret 3 days ago

hi guys, how would you heal very sibilant voice captured on boom with quite a lot of ambiance? ambiance alone is ok, sounds...

svmn
replies: 6 views: 613
svmn 4 days ago

Hey everyone, I would like to know your opinions dialogue edit microphone selection. I tend to use Boom mics everytime they're...

sm0g
replies: 6 views: 549
philper 6 days ago

Hi All, This question can probably be applied to all types of sound editorial but I chose dialogue because of the sheer number...

Xcurve
replies: 45 views: 3,151
smurfyou 6 days ago

Hi all, i'm new to postforum and was hoping someone could help me out so here goes: i have been asked to write a report on the...

bobbybigbones
replies: 67 views: 6,218
Jay Rose 1 week ago

All, I have installed Source Nexus pro as a plug in within Pro Tools 12 HD. So far, it seems to be working as advertised. One...

quadraphonics
replies: 8 views: 547
quadraphonics 1 week ago
replies: 21 views: 825
nzl62 1 week ago

Hi guys, I have some questions regarding Audio Specs/QC for National Geographic. I have everything done according to spec, but...

Jer1cho
replies: 9 views: 672
brandoncross 1 week ago

Dear Mr Mixerguy, if something is requested in specs, deliver it and don't be smarter than everyone else. Yes, there's a reason...

kosmokrator
replies: 22 views: 834
TVPostSound 1 week ago

YouTube I just saw this on FB. @ around 9:38 the guy describes changes Adobe made to PP that sound like fixes to some of the...

philper
replies: 0 views: 413
philper 1 week ago
replies: 32 views: 4,622
celticrogues 1 week ago

I have tried the Nugen VIS LM free demo - but it does seem quite expensive. I think this feeling was amplified by youlean ...

shepshed
replies: 26 views: 3,136
waynekhin 1 week ago

I have a couple post out about 5.1 this one is separate from the others focused to high end post production. okay so in shot I...

Lucien404
replies: 6 views: 545
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Hey peeps! I’m stepping out from the studio and on to set to help with this production. From my post production background,...

nd33
replies: 12 views: 712
Jay Rose 1 week ago

Hi, I mostly pre-mixing and sound design in 5.1 but recently clients start to ask for in 7.1. My current set up is Pro Tools...

jt916
replies: 0 views: 438
jt916 1 week ago

Hi All, I've started working with a 24 fader (2x408 and 1x402) System 5 Fusion lately and am trying to figure out the best...

Pantone
replies: 6 views: 470
Pantone 1 week ago

Hi- Im farmiliar with timecode, frame rates, etc, but do not know where or why I would encounter 59.97 or 60 Hz timecode.........

meathman
replies: 56 views: 11,507
tom_lowe 1 week ago

Just something I did for fun, sort of. I continue my tick of naming this stuff after poisons. Kick the tires and see if it...

iluvcapra
replies: 3 views: 569
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Can anyone recommend a native / AU Doppler type plug, as an alternative to the Waves Doppler? Likewise, the Waves S1 Stereo...

reid
replies: 12 views: 5,598
lanmonkey 2 weeks ago

Just wondering if anyone is using or has auditioned the Amie speakers from Meyer Sound? Thanks in advance. See here Meyer Sound...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 2 views: 670
eoats 2 weeks ago

Anyone use this yet? I am a little upset that there is an upgrade price from the cedar DNS One. The cedars guys all told me I...

brandoncross
replies: 19 views: 1,246
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Hey Everyone, So I have a near field stereo and large format 5.1 monitoring system in my studio. For the mains my signal flow is...

Lucien404
replies: 2 views: 482
Lucien404 2 weeks ago

Today JBL officially announced they finally are making the 7 series monitors in a powered version. Available as the 705P or the...

Dan Smith
replies: 149 views: 14,869
Farhoof 2 weeks ago

Hello Everyone, I'm remodeling my studio and would like to incorporate a 5.1 mixing system for post and music. I'm looking to...

Lucien404
replies: 14 views: 1,135
Branko 2 weeks ago

Hey all, just tooting my horn as a movie I supervised and mixed is being released in the US next week (June 22): Incident in a...

Steven1145
replies: 2 views: 757
Steven1145 2 weeks ago

Hello! What does the "Dolby In Selected Theatres" logo mean in the final credits? Maybe this is a special sound only in...

Vsevolod777
replies: 11 views: 810
TheMuffinMan01 2 weeks ago

I've been looking into the various cloud backup services, and the ones I've seen (like Backblaze, S3) seem to want to backup an...

philper
replies: 7 views: 755
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hi all, One of our clients that we record IVR messages for is considering switching to another platform that uses higher quality...

Big bad SOB
replies: 1 views: 453
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

atm im completing old material, remixing etc. some stuff cannot be remastered with layers as i dont have them anymore, also i...

Caine
replies: 8 views: 840
bradh 3 weeks ago

I have a legacy system which needed reinstalling/rebuilding (don't ask). Avid has tried to send me an installer/plug-in for the...

mverta
replies: 1 views: 452
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

This has been a real head scratcher for us. We have two HDX2 PT systems (Dial+Music and FX) feeding one HDX PT system (acting...

larryneeley
replies: 39 views: 2,891
quadraphonics 3 weeks ago

This looks interesting, but how does it sound? Noveto's 'focused audio' technology could make headphones obsolete - INSIDER

dr.sound
replies: 4 views: 633
Jay Rose 3 weeks ago

hi all Does anyone know if the dbx 510 hardware Subharmonic Synthesizer sounds *exactly* like the 120a? I mean - are the...

mixerguy
replies: 0 views: 453
mixerguy 3 weeks ago

At yesterdays Mix Magazine/ Sony Pictures "Mix Sound For Film" event I had a private demo of the new Yamaha MMP1 Studio...

dr.sound
replies: 22 views: 3,310
Resurect 3 weeks ago

I have the opportunity to build a new room with limited funds. It's going to be a 7x5 m room, with a ceiling height of max 5,4...

pethenis
replies: 10 views: 751
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Hello. Im a composer and have mixed quite a few motion picture and TV scores in surround and have rarely been completely...

_R3k
replies: 10 views: 1,559
heavyshady 3 weeks ago

i'm considering upgrading my 5.1 monitoring. currently i'm using dynaudio BM15A. my dream studio would have something like...

cebolao
replies: 26 views: 4,930
cebolao 3 weeks ago

So I hadn't seen anything on the post forum about this. Sounddogs have released their own desktop app to search your local...

ThisIsSka
replies: 7 views: 982
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search