The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 128 views: 402,605
iluvcapra 4th November 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 82,542
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 107,006
saemola 15th August 2016
replies: - views: -
Andrew Mottl 1 hour ago

Was watching Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown and noticed that the Post Production Assistants' credits showed before the Sound...

Comp1337
replies: 13 views: 1,917
apple-q 3 hours ago

Hi guys, I’m designing an immersive oceanscape thunderstorm for a large installation. Any tips on mixing to maximize headroom...

harnessed
replies: 1 views: 179
iluvcapra 8 hours ago

Hi, I've decided to set up my own foley studio instead of hiring out spaces/engineers to do it. The only thing I've hit a...

BHillAudio
replies: 11 views: 597
jeandado 16 hours ago

The thought came to me to create a list of plugins that are geared towards or work well for sound design since lately, and...

JamieMB
replies: 66 views: 34,118
izish 1 day ago

For the first time ever, I've hired (as in paying them money) a professional voice over person for a project I'm working on. Do I...

Hxd Ped
replies: 19 views: 1,305
Brent Hahn 1 day ago

I'm working on a piece (that I unfortunately cannot share at the moment) that heavily features a music box. The music box is...

jeanlucpicard
replies: 3 views: 423
Andrew Mottl 2 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,533 views: 273,491
ArticulateSounds 3 days ago

So, Wave NX will do 5.1 and 7.1 surround virtualization for headphones. Is there anything else comparable to this specifically...

mizzle
replies: 3 views: 730
philper 3 days ago

Looking for a great application to transpose certain sensitive formants and timbre in key-instrument samples. I have tried the...

PianoFreek
replies: 21 views: 11,415
Jay Rose 4 days ago

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere. I looked at several posts and all seemingly had to do with more complicated problems...

tone
replies: 8 views: 1,306
David Spearritt 5 days ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 4 views: 554
PatrickFaith 6 days ago

Hello To all, first time posting here for help, my daughter wants to learn all about video editing and doing all sorts of fun...

myjubie
replies: 6 views: 798
Mundox 1 week ago

Anyone in the L.A. area have a tax guy that they absolutely love? The one I’ve used for the past 10 years unfortunately passed...

srheiss
replies: 5 views: 1,147
srheiss 1 week ago

Hi! I have been searching this forum with no luck for answers to this subject. I am building a medium sized post production...

Eirik
replies: 21 views: 3,893
apple-q 1 week ago

Can anyone please share a Protools layout for dialogue editing and simple mixes. I would really appreciate it, would be very...

alidav
replies: 7 views: 1,122
iluvcapra 1 week ago

Hi there, I was wondering how you guys protect your ears when working with headphones for long hours. I find that from time to...

shilshoolon
replies: 34 views: 7,587
mozaicman 1 week ago

I have years invested in the Soundminer 4.5 playlist function. Really useful for music editing when you need to make groups of...

NReichman
replies: 6 views: 957
apple-q 1 week ago

Hi! I recently switched from Pro Tools 10 HD to Ableton for music production. And I'm amazingly surprise how this program...

sebdj
replies: 15 views: 4,318
DSK 1 week ago

I recently purchased a MacBookPro 2019 i9 computer. While it’s way faster than my 2012 MacBookPro, the built in speakers sound...

piratepost
replies: 21 views: 1,792
studer58 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know where I can download the latest firmware update for the Dolby LM100 hardware loudness meter? I called Dolby....

ptfigg
replies: 12 views: 1,370
markbulla 2 weeks ago

Hey folks, I'm been doing a lot of audio post work for documentaries and there's a few issues I keep coming back to that are...

harnessed
replies: 15 views: 1,288
minister 2 weeks ago

hi, I have to rephrase a question I posted the other day, in which I wondered if I should get a Center speaker for my ATC...

jeandado
replies: 0 views: 462
jeandado 2 weeks ago

Hi All, Is anybody split the 5.1 track to mono tracks, and the LFE track doesnt goes to correct routing, Its go to Centre,...

waikwanho
replies: 4 views: 845
waikwanho 2 weeks ago

I’d like to start adding video to audio recordings and I’m not sure how to best combine the two. I’m looking at either a...

Ox Han
replies: 5 views: 487
Jay Rose 2 weeks ago

Hi, Does anybody know if iphone 4 ringtones are copyrighted for use in a fiction feature film ? I mean a character has an...

Stieglitz
replies: 11 views: 19,173
jamesarthur 2 weeks ago

Hey there post wizards! I'm delivering the sound of a trailer that I mixed in 5.1 The source video was 24fps and I need to make...

DSK
replies: 13 views: 774
msmucr 2 weeks ago

hi guys, so I got SCM50ASL for L & R for cheap and love them for stereo, which is 50% of my work. The other 50% is 5.1. so...

jeandado
replies: 3 views: 874
cmwolf 2 weeks ago

Just curious what the easiest way is to get a surround mix from a commercial blu-ray..? Like ripping the 5.1 uncompressed...

basehead617
replies: 4 views: 811
paulo m 2 weeks ago

Guess this will put sound editors out of work... https://www.add.app/ All trailers sound the same now anyway, might as well...

smurfyou
replies: 10 views: 1,114
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago
gsilbers 2 weeks ago

Hi there! I just got a job offer to be sound head at a TV reality show but I never did a job with so many channels so I need...

MADA
replies: 12 views: 886
MADA 2 weeks ago

I'm doing a rockumentary that will have a token theatrical release on DCP. I'm upmixing the music with the NuGen plugin and the...

pethenis
replies: 1 views: 624
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

This will be a huge succes in the post...

Jamie Mac
replies: 31 views: 3,012
jhg 3 weeks ago

Interesting article here about how producers are trying to cut cost in audio...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 644
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hello all, I've come to find that fades from editors are missing when they export an aaf from premiere, seemingly at random. I...

wh3music
replies: 0 views: 532
wh3music 3 weeks ago

Hello there, I received a new request. I'm being asked if it's possible for a director, in real time, to listen in to a 5.1...

Travelers
replies: 6 views: 1,560
Mundox 3 weeks ago

does anyone know or know where i can get a list of words you can't say on the radio(fm). I'm supposed to edit all the...

deriklang
replies: 40 views: 155,475
lonewitness 3 weeks ago

hallo software gearslutz I'm doing more and more ad/synchronization/scoring jobs lately - often with uncompressed video...

Darth Fader
replies: 55 views: 24,922
kris.aps 3 weeks ago

Curious about other people's experiences with the JBL Intonato 24. We have had issues with it dropping the remote and muting all...

Chuckadile
replies: 29 views: 4,085
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Weird one that I'm hoping someone running sessions of a SAN or Editshare type system might have come across. This is based on a...

D'Animation
replies: 1 views: 626
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago
cohler 3 weeks ago

It seems like it's a gate that inserts it's learned room tone instead of closing? I don't see how it could ever work in a...

smurfyou
replies: 4 views: 1,189
omasciarotte 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I realise not EVERYONE in here drives an ICON, but there may be a few freelancers and operators who come across them...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 3 views: 1,364
IM WHO YOU THINK 4 weeks ago

I just wanted to thank everybody here for all my learning and accomplishments. And The start of 2020 has been very good for me....

hpmsound
replies: 0 views: 727
hpmsound 4 weeks ago

I'm also posting this on the DUC, but I'm also posting here in the hopes that we can engage discussion on this topic. When...

Resonater
replies: 4 views: 1,120
iluvcapra 4 weeks ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 148 views: 13,712
dr.sound 4 weeks ago

Hi all! I have no experience with atmos atm, but want to be prepared as much as possible in case the opportunity comes. This...

nucelar
replies: 4 views: 827
Serge Perron 4 weeks ago

Friend of mine is working on a sports documentary and I submitted some music for them to use. Upon hearing some of the clips...

congalocke
replies: 24 views: 1,249
Leverson 4 weeks ago

Hi guys! Is my first time in this forum and i would like to know about plugins better than cla 76. I'm my opinion this like...

G. House Brown
replies: 1 views: 914
HeadlessDinosaur 23rd January 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search