The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Sponsored ByNugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 74,614
Pantone 7th August 2019

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 126 views: 387,402
iluvcapra 6th April 2019

Hi, Just thought I'd add this one for anyone with specific questions I can help with. I've posted some misc stuff I've written...

georgia
replies: 253 views: 224,179
theMuzzl3 10th January 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 97,444
saemola 15th August 2016

We're right now testing the LCR candidates for our new Dolby certified HT Atmos room: Neumann KH420, Genelec S360, JBL...

kosmokrator
replies: 26 views: 1,412
quadraphonics 8 hours ago

Can anyone who has mixed in Dolby Atmos tell me if there is a solo in place function? I’ve combed several forums and cannot...

MarkDaniel
replies: 4 views: 587
pentagon 8 hours ago

Hi, This may sound sound like a strange question. I need to mix and do little sound design for a documentary. The...

bebbo
replies: 6 views: 670
philper 9 hours ago

I just listened to the demo for MCDSP NR800. I like MCDSP in general, the SA2 is mighty useful for instance. I like their idea...

philper
replies: 24 views: 3,033
seanmccoy 15 hours ago

We are about to upgrade some rooms here. Part of that will be moving from Waves v9.x to v10. I know there aren't a ton of...

quadraphonics
replies: 5 views: 858
faronorte 19 hours ago

I have a DAT containing a 28 min Dolby SR encoded LT RT sound originally destined for the 35 mm print. I can get the DAT onto...

crimsonnoise
replies: 5 views: 694
TVPostSound 1 day ago

Hi, Having had a conversation with a fellow dialogue editor the other day, they said they were only using 8 tracks in total -...

GFPCJ
replies: 20 views: 1,748
Serge Modular 1 day ago

I'm gonna be working on a doc that involves a lot of Haiti b-roll and would love to use legit recordings from the island wherever...

Mister_T
replies: 2 views: 631
kosmokrator 2 days ago

Hi all, I've taken on a project to help a friend cleaning up and editing audio for a short documentary. However, I'm having a...

Riinehart
replies: 11 views: 746
Runaway 2 days ago

Hopefully someone can help me out with this... We ordered a M.O.M controller 3 weeks ago from Digital Audio Denmark (DAD),...

TheWorkRoom
replies: 0 views: 460
TheWorkRoom 3 days ago

I'm using 5 x JBL LSR6328P + sub and about to add another kit for a new small mixing space (music and post). The JBL are...

Badaboom
replies: 8 views: 634
philper 4 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,483 views: 261,821
trexbeverly 4 days ago

hello together, we are planning to upgrade our TV mixing stage to 5.1. Time to let go of the 1032As (moving to a different...

Heni40
replies: 10 views: 2,812
SeanLX 4 days ago

Hello, We'll be mixing a show for BBC / Beyond that has VO/MX/FX only, no production dialog. In this case, how would they like...

Mundox
replies: 4 views: 785
mattiasnyc 6 days ago

Does anybody know how I can obtain samples of movies which still have the original dialogue/voice acting but have all the...

The_Bunker
replies: 6 views: 585
sonnykeyes 1 week ago

My mixes for youtube according to the old specification are now read as -1 db (they were 0db).

Piotr Kubiak
replies: 0 views: 497
Piotr Kubiak 1 week ago

I would like to hear from film re-recording mixers based around Nuendo. - Is there an equivalent of Pro Tools "Write to...

Vytis
replies: 6 views: 1,216
Airon 1 week ago

Just sharing Krotos Audio's new 'Sound Design from the Sofa' Series with Dan Mellins-Cohen demonstrating how you can quickly and...

Krotos
replies: 3 views: 1,050
Vsevolod777 1 week ago

I did a theatrical mix earlier last month in 5.1, and now a distributor has come back and asked us to do an upmix in Atmos. I...

iluvcapra
replies: 6 views: 972
perfectsurround 1 week ago

This looks interesting. Everyone here seems to have a different idea of which upmixer sounds the best. Here's our chance to...

RecRoom
replies: 13 views: 1,828
pentagon 1 week ago

A Story Featuring Foley Artists https://www.vulture.com/2019/09/the-hardest-sound-i-ever-created.html

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 637
RayHeath 1 week ago

I'm trying to get an AAF export out of a FCPX project - the client sent me a drive with a XML file (and all the media assets on...

Alon Wolman
replies: 3 views: 523
Mundox 1 week ago

Not sure if this is the right spot on Gearslutz for this topic. I am trying to import + edit + export a DRM protected Karaoke...

Emanuel23
replies: 4 views: 878
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

Hey guys, for a few years now i have been wondering why audio that is broadcasted, whether it be movies, tv, radio etc has a...

Truthtrader
replies: 12 views: 1,206
TheMuffinMan01 1 week ago

UK broadcast gurus help me out here... Why does LBC radio sound demonstrably louder than BBC radio? What are the standards...

noiseflaw
replies: 0 views: 396
noiseflaw 1 week ago

Atmos Home Theater Mix In a couple of weeks I will begin mixing an Amazon Studios series that will be in the Atmos format for...

dungpham
replies: 15 views: 1,246
paulo m 1 week ago

Hi all, One of our clients that we record IVR messages for is considering switching to another platform that uses higher quality...

Big bad SOB
replies: 5 views: 1,080
NReichman 1 week ago

Hello All, Is there a simpli(ish) way to use a connected iPad as an audio monitor source in Pro Tools without too much work?...

quadraphonics
replies: 6 views: 935
Tapwatr 2 weeks ago

Hey, all. Avid's offering this plug at an attractive price, but I'm wondering if anybody who's compared it to our many other...

seanmccoy
replies: 13 views: 1,526
Oliver.Lucas 2 weeks ago

Posted this at DUC but I thought I'll post here too. I've been running both PT10HD and 12 happily on my HDX card on Yosemite,...

Mundox
replies: 0 views: 690
Mundox 2 weeks ago

All, I am once again asking for the hive mind's help. I am looking for a batch loudness analyser that will generate...

quadraphonics
replies: 6 views: 1,073
ChrisNunchuck 2 weeks ago

Doing some transfer work for a good client. He gave us some Hi8 tapes to transfer. We are using a Hi8 camera with a S-Video...

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 5 views: 878
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Saw this pop up just...

Jamie Mac
replies: 36 views: 4,286
NReichman 3 weeks ago

i did a quick search here on GS but couldn't find any threads... what do you guys use to convert mp4 files to...

cebolao
replies: 35 views: 5,782
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

Hello! Since I only mixed films in 5.1, the thought does not leave me: If I work in project 5.1. Does it make sense to...

Vsevolod777
replies: 3 views: 586
Vsevolod777 3 weeks ago

Hi there Gearslutz! I'm having a problem importing an OMF from Premiere to Cubase 5.1 The export seems to be fine, the audio...

sabadubap
replies: 7 views: 3,037
Runaway 3 weeks ago

Im curious about how you guys set up your adr screens for recording on pro tools. I know some use a huge monitor and some have...

audiodiegomuniz
replies: 5 views: 1,177
lfoqueen 3 weeks ago

hallo software gearslutz I'm doing more and more ad/synchronization/scoring jobs lately - often with uncompressed video...

Darth Fader
replies: 54 views: 23,837
Mundox 3 weeks ago

We’re excited to announce the installation of Dolby Atmos Home Theater on The Dub Stage! This means we can now mix Theatrical...

dr.sound
replies: 9 views: 1,067
dr.sound 3 weeks ago

I would be interested to know most common compressor settings and approaches on the mix bus in post production. I would be using...

sgcsound
replies: 6 views: 1,192
bgood 4 weeks ago

I'm in the market for a surround controller, and this box ticks all the, erm, boxes. BlueSky is not the most active company at...

pethenis
replies: 15 views: 1,901
blackie909 4 weeks ago

Does anyone have any recordings of this car? It’s only driven 30mph tops in the show and isn’t around for long so I don’t...

srheiss
replies: 8 views: 876
TVPostSound 4 weeks ago

Hi All, I was hoping I could get some practical clarification on how strictly loudness ranges are adhered to when mixing a film...

ryanisprism
replies: 4 views: 912
Dan Smith 4 weeks ago

Hello all - Definitely need some help here. I've been offered a job on a project mixing in 5.1 but I have never done it before...

session bass
replies: 9 views: 1,682
session bass 4 weeks ago

Hello. After using the Mac Pro (5,1) Line outs for computer sounds since forever, I decided to try the Blackmagic Intensity...

Mundox
replies: 8 views: 902
Mundox 4 weeks ago

Our systems were recently updated to the latest version of PT Ultimate. All plug ins were updated as well. I opened up an older...

Tapwatr
replies: 11 views: 1,189
Tapwatr 16th August 2019

Received specs that considers off screen dialogue as narration and should be on the same stem as the VO. So if it starts on...

pethenis
replies: 5 views: 622
TVPostSound 14th August 2019

Hi I am curious as to whether anyone id running the larger ADAMs S series preferably in their multi channel rooms? I am...

nzl62
replies: 9 views: 970
Arthur Stone 13th August 2019

This statement seems it has triggered a few folks: "However, going forward the preferred pricing model will be...

gsilbers
replies: 29 views: 3,049
gsilbers 13th August 2019

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet in the forum but Soundminer v5Pro is out since June 15. $150 for existing v4.5Pro users (who...

pentagon
replies: 11 views: 2,230
Dforshee001 12th August 2019

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search