The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 128 views: 406,545
iluvcapra 4th November 2019

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 84,663
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 109,543
saemola 15th August 2016

Hello, I am trying to playback a video but the window is black. The video tracks shows the Online button blue light on, I can...

lamacchiacosta
replies: 2 views: 132
Mundox 19 minutes ago

Hey guys I'm getting into audio post and want to expand my setup to 5.1 for some upcoming projects. I'm currently running Pro...

a0zala
replies: 1 views: 103
philper 5 hours ago

I know I must be crazy to even compare the 2, i guess....forgive me I am a newbie. For a home studio dolby atmos mixing and...

lgabor
replies: 6 views: 411
lgabor 10 hours ago

Hi Everyone, I am totally new here and need your help. I had some help already but still many things are not clear for me. I edit...

lgabor
replies: 44 views: 1,393
quadraphonics 12 hours ago

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is staying safe during these difficult times. Being that many businesses have been put on hold, I'm...

siniarch
replies: 20 views: 580
siniarch 13 hours ago

Looking at some options for an approx 12’ x 12’ x 12’ x 20’ in a treated room. Mostly sound design and mixing for...

jondom22
replies: 13 views: 572
jondom22 13 hours ago

I know the industry standard is ProTools, but I also want to use Reaper which I'm really fond of. Therefore, I've been looking...

siniarch
replies: 2 views: 177
siniarch 16 hours ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 5 views: 1,043
chrispire 1 day ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,554 views: 277,327
trexbeverly 1 day ago

Does anyone know what causes this lovely crunchy mid range dialog sound? It's most obvious on male dialog. Is it a creative...

floyd atema
replies: 151 views: 14,434
Henchman 1 day ago

Hi there, I'm currently sorting my filmsound notes and articles and publish them on my website:...

guido4
replies: 3 views: 540
guido4 1 day ago

I know that many/most of us know about the upcoming release of folder tracks in Pro Tools. While I was watching the video...

quadraphonics
replies: 11 views: 1,333
mattrixx 2 days ago

What is wrong with the director? Allowing these actors to whisper their lines. Im fluent in both English and French, and cant...

TVPostSound
replies: 0 views: 384
TVPostSound 2 days ago

Hi everyone I've calibrated my system to 85 db SPL using my phone and an app called "Keuwlsoft SPL Meter" My...

SizMixing
replies: 17 views: 967
SizMixing 2 days ago

Interesting things I've done which I would have thought would have been impossible. You can't drag clips in the folder track...

iluvcapra
replies: 26 views: 1,161
iluvcapra 2 days ago

I am trying to understand and use trim in my workflow for automation passes since i just been using normal latch and touch and...

hpmsound
replies: 17 views: 765
Ol' Betsey 3 days ago

Hi, I've searched about and tried any key combination I can think of to no avail. Is there a way to nudge audio within a...

sijam
replies: 9 views: 4,392
huub 5 days ago

before upgrading make a copy of your eucon setup (softkeys) it happened to me after installing 2020.3 that all my eucon...

cebolao
replies: 5 views: 654
smurfyou 6 days ago

A ridiculous amount of historical magazines from the broadcast, tech, music, radio etc industries online as pdf's if anyone gets...

Led
replies: 0 views: 311
Led 6 days ago

Hey all. I have a project where I need to create a comical movie scene between an ex-president and a famous chimpanzee. The chimp...

seanmccoy
replies: 10 views: 388
starcrash13 6 days ago

Hi there, I'm using a DCi 8/300A to power a 5.1 monitor system, 3 x JBL 708i and 2 x JBL 705i, the sub is active an JBL...

Badaboom
replies: 0 views: 270
Badaboom 6 days ago

In this stressful time of social distancing and shuttered studios, I find myself mixing from home and needing to send out mix...

AlexeyMohr
replies: 11 views: 740
kosmokrator 1 week ago

Hi, I'm looking for a library with detailed Horse Sounds. Not just neighing. Also snorting, grunting and everything....

torpor
replies: 6 views: 454
Newmann 1 week ago

Hi everyone, i'm not too familiar with sound editing for film yet and stumbled across this problem: my project runs at 48Khz,...

noisekeeper
replies: 13 views: 693
noisekeeper 1 week ago

Hello guys. I have been doing my post production work for approximately 7 years completely in Logic Pro X, and it is a...

tofermusic
replies: 11 views: 642
Runaway 1 week ago

Im looking into good solution to do OSX screensharing with sound (and a TB mic). I have tested with zoom.us. It works but won't...

ErikG
replies: 15 views: 1,034
Sonoman 1 week ago

The thought came to me to create a list of plugins that are geared towards or work well for sound design since lately, and...

JamieMB
replies: 68 views: 35,098
izish 1 week ago

One of my downtime guilty pleasures is watching a bit of Sci-Fi. Just started watching The Expanse. I really struggled with the...

potscrubber
replies: 28 views: 4,287
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

RÜFÜS DU SOL - Live from Joshua Tree. Here is a Incredibly Fun Music Mix that I was lucky enough to work on. Great tracks by...

dr.sound
replies: 0 views: 342
dr.sound 1 week ago

"Stam Audio SA-800 microphone. " I have been an engineer/producer for 32 years and I have never used a Mic so clear...

Jimmy Starr
replies: 3 views: 806
tofermusic 1 week ago

Hello all, it is with a heavy heart that I'm passing the information along that long-time Gearslutz member Jay Rose passed...

Steven1145
replies: 21 views: 1,669
Emmanuel 1 week ago

Hello, Can anyone explain why my LtRt down-mix is hotter on the LU meter than the 5.1 mix? The latest BBC World Wide spec...

jahtao
replies: 26 views: 3,952
quadraphonics 2 weeks ago

Hi all, I need your help if you could. I have been a Phoenixverb user for a short time and I have it installed in my...

davimorales
replies: 2 views: 560
davimorales 2 weeks ago

Hello sound designers, With these difficult circumstances, many sound designers have to work from home and cannot go to...

kyzouik
replies: 0 views: 392
kyzouik 2 weeks ago

So, Wave NX will do 5.1 and 7.1 surround virtualization for headphones. Is there anything else comparable to this specifically...

mizzle
replies: 6 views: 1,231
iluvcapra 2 weeks ago

Hello sound designers, With these difficult circumstances, many sound designers have to work from home and cannot go to the...

kyzouik
replies: 0 views: 298
kyzouik 2 weeks ago

Just got an enquiry for setting up a live video stream in a church. All happens under the low light conditions (pretty small...

Arseny
replies: 4 views: 549
Arseny 2 weeks ago

Hi everybody, https://youtu.be/Tr_6ulAn7Fc Today I had a great opportunity to compare 2 super-cardioid condenser shotgun...

Yury
replies: 0 views: 426
Yury 2 weeks ago

Hello, I've just being contacted for doing audio books recording sessions at home, due to the actual Corona Virus...

lamacchiacosta
replies: 11 views: 839
philper 2 weeks ago

Hello All, With all the social distancing and social medial live performances going on to make up for no gigs... I was...

caseyallensmith
replies: 2 views: 653
iluvcapra 3 weeks ago

Hey, all. Avid's offering this plug at an attractive price, but I'm wondering if anybody who's compared it to our many other...

seanmccoy
replies: 17 views: 2,778
blags 3 weeks ago

Hello, So as the title is saying I'm mixing a short movie and it was recorded in a terrible place with very loud background...

ParanormalBanana
replies: 37 views: 3,604
tekkedup 3 weeks ago
replies: - views: -
Snorktop 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone, I've recently received the material of an indie film. Beforehand I've asked the picture editor to export an AAF...

cinetj
replies: 13 views: 2,494
Newmann 3 weeks ago

Hi all, a few years ago there were reportedly issues where some Video NLEs had problems importing Polyphonic Wav files from...

njrsound
replies: 1 views: 634
philper 3 weeks ago

More info here https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind-screen/nab-show-canceled-due-coronavirus-outbreak-1283855

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 0 views: 497
Thomas W. Bethe 3 weeks ago

Hi, I've decided to set up my own foley studio instead of hiring out spaces/engineers to do it. The only thing I've hit a...

BHillAudio
replies: 16 views: 1,576
Konfus 3 weeks ago

I'm setting up a small mix room for music, broadcast and home theater Atmos (Netflix). I'm using the 708i for L-C-R and 705i...

Badaboom
replies: 4 views: 786
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, we use an Avid MTRX loaded with the additional HDX card, MADI, the 128ch Dante Card, 8AES and 8 analogue IOs to connect...

kosmokrator
replies: 3 views: 658
kosmokrator 3 weeks ago

They use "pro-ribbon" drivers for tweeters and are very highly praised by some. Thought I would ask if anyone here has...

Sprkd1
replies: 12 views: 1,863
dr.sound 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search