The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Supported By Nugen Audio
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

This post should serve as a little guide to the resources available on-line on the topic of audio levels in different media. It...

danijel
replies: 129 views: 416,788
audionuma 25th May 2020

It seems like we get questions about how to mix for film/tv a lot in here, funny that. The most common misunderstanding I see is...

Brent_in_Sydney
replies: 65 views: 89,937
Pantone 7th August 2019

perhaps this could be a sticky- I have noticed on a number of threads here that there is some inconstant usage of terms...

charles maynes
replies: 92 views: 115,706
saemola 15th August 2016

Hi Friends. Apologies if this has been brought up a gazillion times, and perhaps in the wrong forum, but I thought it would be a...

Ted Krotkiewski
replies: 8 views: 461
Ted Krotkiewski 21 minutes ago

I’d love to hear anyone’s experience with this. Especially in terms of possibly using it as a way to predub before hitting...

srheiss
replies: 3 views: 384
Steven1145 2 hours ago

a client wants 5.1 audio delivered as 3 x stereo interleaved files instead ofa 5.1 interleaved file. I mean what on earth is the...

ErikG
replies: 1 views: 91
ErikG 2 hours ago

Bit of light distraction..some of these are very well...

Led
replies: 2 views: 359
Thomas W. Bethe 4 hours ago

I would be grateful for the attached multitracks to movies in 5.1 or 7.1 format. Classical orchestral recordings. Recordings...

Musiccreator
replies: 0 views: 98
Musiccreator 6 hours ago

(I wrote this first on music computers but got no responses) I'm planning a new Mac system and would like to hear experiences...

delay
replies: 0 views: 89
delay 7 hours ago

Hi. I wonder if anyone has this same experience: I contacted Tim from Sonniss in july and he replied within the week. But then...

fredje
replies: 0 views: 94
fredje 8 hours ago

This Could Be Good! https://www.cnet.com/news/apples-new-spatial-audio-feature-is-a-game-changer/

dr.sound
replies: 2 views: 521
kosmokrator 2 days ago

Hi, Since Pro Tools Video Engine doesn't work with H.264 video, i'm trying to have a video player that can be slaved to Pro...

Pedro Nuccini
replies: 24 views: 982
Simplicisimus 2 days ago

Hi slutzs, Firsly I apologize if this is already discussed here, but I haven't found my answer. I'm seeing lots of people...

Edinburgh
replies: 9 views: 910
Steven1145 3 days ago

Hope its ok to start such a thread but hopefully people can add to it as new sound FX libraries are released... I know a few...

subbasshead
replies: 1,589 views: 286,004
TONSTURM 3 days ago

As on the tin! Doing some audio work in IVRs and urgently need some software that can convert to AMR-WB. NCH's Switch and the...

StitchM
replies: 1 views: 415
minister 4 days ago

Hey slutz, I'm working on an audiobook right now, and printed some RX mouth de-click to the single audio file that was a bit...

b0r0s1s
replies: 3 views: 266
b0r0s1s 4 days ago

Hello Gearslutz Post Prod People! Help please: I'm looking for either: A library source for stunning Hollywood quality outdoor...

Dayo
replies: 4 views: 349
Dayo 4 days ago

Hi All, I have a lot of the standard fx libraries. Looking for something new that is all things fishing. Any...

Travelers
replies: 0 views: 167
Travelers 4 days ago

Apparently the NFL is using pre-recorded sounds from past games to fill in the empty stadiums. They have culled enough for each...

postprosound
replies: 5 views: 450
TVPostSound 4 days ago

Hey gang. I'm dealing with an international deliverable spec of -23 LUFS (all soundtrack elements, not just dialog) and a maximum...

Fred Story
replies: 6 views: 361
Fred Story 5 days ago

Hi everyone. I'm having this bizarre issue with iZotope RX when I use De-click module in my chain. Precisely, when I bounce...

jankincl
replies: 3 views: 488
jankincl 6 days ago
replies: - views: -
clipgod 1 week ago

Hi GS So I'm currently mixing short films ITB in hopes that I could eventually do APP professionally (or at least something...

Cerbdashrdashus
replies: 19 views: 1,033
philper 1 week ago

it seems that for post the main reason to upgrade to rx8 would be DIALOG ISOLATE, which, they say, has been improved anybody...

cebolao
replies: 6 views: 812
akinla 1 week ago

Does The Director Always Knows What's Best? https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a33859053/tenet-sound-problems/

dr.sound
replies: 20 views: 1,149
tedmanzie 1 week ago

Hopefully someone can help me out with this... We ordered a M.O.M controller 3 weeks ago from Digital Audio Denmark (DAD),...

TheWorkRoom
replies: 2 views: 1,070
Thomas W. Bethe 1 week ago

I greaw up (as most of us) during the CRT era where framerates were dictated by the frequency of the power outlets (to the best...

ayskura
replies: 4 views: 573
apple-q 1 week ago
replies: 0 views: 292
Jeff Hayat 1 week ago

I'll bet this has been answered a few dozen times, sorry folks. This is my first ADR job, my own studio and the client is in...

JaMProductionsNM
replies: 2 views: 414
JaMProductionsNM 1 week ago

anything better in 2020? demo has run out, now i must make the purchase decision.. i've found it useful automating parts of...

miceisnice
replies: 1 views: 448
quadraphonics 1 week ago

Have used Dynaudio BM5a with Dynaudio BM9s (sub) for many years, and have had much success with them. Still... I feel it may...

spiderman
replies: 34 views: 2,564
pentagon 1 week ago

Hi everyone... We just released a free eBook "All you need to know about 3D Sound", which covers: - Stereo &...

Nuno Fonseca
replies: 1 views: 395
EvilRoy 1 week ago

I've been a massive fan of iZotope for a long time, but I really think they've s*** the bed in terms of value and fairness...

marsh_e79
replies: 91 views: 5,633
marsh_e79 1 week ago

Hello fellow music enthusiasts! I have a question for you--can you identify for me some of the 20 or more sounds used in a...

Mr. Cringe
replies: 9 views: 2,123
romanpierson348 1 week ago

Hello fellow slutz! The recording stage of an audio book is now done. No compression was applied during the recording. Dry...

tv_engineer_lnd
replies: 15 views: 5,647
justinpbrown 2 weeks ago

I was going through updating everything to 64 bit today and found that the GLM software isn't 64 bit...

PatrickFaith
replies: 31 views: 3,355
E Baxter Put 2 weeks ago

Another View: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/sep/03/tenet-dialogue-christopher-nolan-sound-technology

dr.sound
replies: 4 views: 772
Garret 2 weeks ago

New Feature: High Fidelity Audio mode - Windows, macOS This option in Advanced Audio enhances “Original Audio” mode,...

dr.sound
replies: 1 views: 499
matt82aust 2 weeks ago

I know ATMOS is an entirely different beast and I know I don't know all I need to know. Hahaha. I saw a post where someone...

siniarch
replies: 6 views: 1,015
Thor 2 weeks ago
replies: 0 views: 412
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

Anybody have any thoughts or experience on the Loudness re-render format? The manual says: Is anyone doing this? If I'm...

iluvcapra
replies: 2 views: 571
rcutz 2 weeks ago

Like many of you, I've been receiving more and more requests for me to magically clean up a crap Zoom call and turn it into...

Input_NYC
replies: 6 views: 869
dr.sound 2 weeks ago

I usually do music mixes for CD or streaming. I get how they work level-wise, and the differences. Now I have a music track to...

bing81
replies: 16 views: 609
gsilbers 2 weeks ago

Hi all :) I have a BlackMagic Decklink card, which I believe to be from 2003. It's a DeckLink Pro, which is a capture and...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 6 views: 631
smurfyou 2 weeks ago

hi all Does anyone know if the dbx 510 hardware Subharmonic Synthesizer sounds *exactly* like the 120a? I mean - are the...

mixerguy
replies: 2 views: 1,685
TVPostSound 2 weeks ago

Hey! It's Yuri from Foley First again. Please find the new article about recording and editing clothes on Foley! Link to the...

Yury
replies: 6 views: 910
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Totally impressed with the quality of this Lexicon MPX Native verb plugin. It's one of the most well designed plugins that I've...

ptfigg
replies: 15 views: 8,201
Matteusz 3 weeks ago

This will be a huge succes in the post...

Jamie Mac
replies: 59 views: 8,302
bforest4 3 weeks ago

What's the best way to create that bad type sound you hear on lots of interviews on TV now when audio is processed through Zoom...

junk box
replies: 6 views: 633
mattiasnyc 3 weeks ago

I'm disappointed to find that the interior train car impulse responses in Altiverb don't sound anything like a New York City...

NReichman
replies: 9 views: 642
Andrew Mottl 3 weeks ago

I never do 7.1 just 5.1, but have been asked to do a one off. It's not a "big" surround heavy thing, mostly upmixing...

pethenis
replies: 2 views: 619
Mundox 3 weeks ago

Okay, so there is a lot of talk about Dolby Atmos in our community. I have not yet have one single customer ask for an Atmos...

Oliver.Lucas
replies: 13 views: 1,567
Steven1145 3 weeks ago

Hey Everyone, We are doing a research survey Edinburgh Napier in the UK. on film sound, and how well a theatrical release...

endangered
replies: 2 views: 573
endangered 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search