The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RX4 Noise Reduction & Restoration Plugins
Old 7th August 2014
RX4

That was quick, seems like I just upgraded to RX3.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx4/
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecRoom View Post

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx4/
Roundtripping!
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
That does seem really fast. If there are useful new modules and improvements on their old modules I'll be happy, as RX3 is a tremendous product. My worry is I don't want izotope to fall into the Apple/Adobe/Avid trap of 'we MUST release a new version every year' quick release cycles resulting in less polished and buggier products each iteration. Hopefully that's not the case though. And hopefully the upgrade pricing is proportionate to the shorter window between releases as well. We'll see next month I suppose.
Old 7th August 2014
GAH!!!! I just bought RX3 a week ago!!!!!!!!!
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

I'm really irritated about this. It seems like they could have easily released one update instead of soaking customers for two. I generally assume that when updates happen this close to one another then features that were actually ready in time for the first update were withheld in order to empty customers' wallets with an extra update. I'm positive that Apple was guilty of this for years, as well.
Old 7th August 2014
We'll have to see what new features are included. Maybe they're so good it's worth the upgrade, otherwise I'm just fine with RX3
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

feature set looks really great. Roundtripping and clip gain are awesome. match eq - love how it works in Ozone - hopefully this will be at least as good.

Hypothetical - you are a software company who releases a product which sells well. After said release you are able to develop a number of very good improvements quickly. Should you go ahead and release this next version, or should you sit on it for six months in order to not piss off the customers who bought the previous version?
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
I'm really irritated about this. It seems like they could have easily released one update instead of soaking customers for two. I generally assume that when updates happen this close to one another then features that were actually ready in time for the first update were withheld in order to empty customers' wallets with an extra update. I'm positive that Apple was guilty of this for years, as well.
I don't see anything I need. We will probably need to update to stay compatible with the next version of pt tho.
Old 7th August 2014
Here for the gear
Their upgrade pricing from RX2 to RX3 was very generous and I have a feeling that will be even more true this time around since the time between releases was so short.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the things you get from RX are worth way more than what they charge. So much of my work comes from it and doing things that would take hours (or just be impossible) can be done in minutes. And to me this looks like they're addressing one of the biggest issues a lot of users have with it - that it's annoying to export audio from the DAW and bring it back in. This is great news and that alone makes it a real update for me! Just sayin... let's see what the upgrade price is!
Old 7th August 2014
I'm not sure what the 'roundtripping' will add that I don't already have, except for Spectral Repair. That's the only tool I have to run standalone. Everything else just runs real time or is rendered, if need be.
The EQ match might be fun. Clip gain? Ho-hum... I've had that for years...
However, if they have tweaked the dialog denoiser and other goto tools, then yes, I'll jump for it.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Wow..that was really fast. Last year on Sept 13th I paid $428 for the Advanced update, but it was a really good update. Not sure I want to pay that again just a year later though. Hope the pricing structure is friendly.
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The EQ match might be fun.
I've used every EQ matching plugin ever made. Non of them get me anything close to what I can do with my ears.
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross View Post
I've used every EQ matching plugin ever made. Non of them get me anything close to what I can do with my ears.
I'm guessing the EQ Match is probably the exact same one that's in Ozone, and just ported over.
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

I think they wanted to charge for the AAX re-coding, so they slapped v3 on that to justify the upgrade when other companies were doing AAX at no charge. Great product. When I decide to move up from PT10 and RX v2, I'll be happy to pay.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Nut

I never understood why RX3 didn't replace RX2 in PT. I don't touch RX2 anymore. So now will I have three versions to choose from? It's hard to argue with such a ground breaking product.
Old 7th August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcurve View Post
I never understood why RX3 didn't replace RX2 in PT. I don't touch RX2 anymore. So now will I have three versions to choose from? It's hard to argue with such a ground breaking product.
I think it's because RX3 and RX2 aren't directly switch-and-swap compatible. So they let you have RX2 so you can still open older projects that feature the RX2 plugins.

I actually find this to be pretty convenient, I don't have to worry about a software update accidentally wiping out presets and automation in an old archived project if I ever have to go back to it.
Old 7th August 2014
Lives for gear

On my home rig I have RX2 regular, the upgrade price to RX3 Advanced is $849, I can buy a whole new RX3 Advanced for $749 until september 1st. What a crock. There should be some kind of incentive.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita View Post
On my home rig I have RX2 regular, the upgrade price to RX3 Advanced is $849, I can buy a whole new RX3 Advanced for $749 until september 1st. What a crock. There should be some kind of incentive.
The advancement between RX2 and RX3 was quite impressive. I can only imagine RX4 will be equally beneficial.
Old 8th August 2014
Gear Maniac

At the monent it looks like there is nothing that will benefit my workflow, but I'll have a closer look when it's released.

Matching EQ? I already have several plugs that can do that
Clip gain? Why would I need that in RX? My DAW does that.
Dialog denoiser? I have RX 3 advanced, so that's not new to me.
Leveler? I can ride a fader, no help needed.
RX Connect? Thanks, but I have my audio directory open, consolidate and drag and drop from the finder (sorted by date, so it's always the top file). Still it might be worth a try.

Don't get my wrong I LOVE RX, but that does not look too inspiring.

Ollie
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver.Lucas View Post

Matching EQ? I already have several plugs that can do that
What matching eq's do you use that work well?
Old 8th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncross View Post
What matching eq's do you use that work well?
Your ears and EQ3? Honestly I think that's all that's needed.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallbudgetguru View Post
The advancement between RX2 and RX3 was quite impressive. I can only imagine RX4 will be equally beneficial.
There was no audio differences I could notice between RX2 and RX3 standard edition….. just a nice GUI.. so I didn't upgrade.. now version 4 they throw in the
the Dia Denoiser.. the upgrade is a no brainer… jumped straight on to the deal.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fajita View Post
just grab regular upgrade for home as they now throw in the dia denoiser.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverson View Post
That does seem really fast. If there are useful new modules and improvements on their old modules I'll be happy, as RX3 is a tremendous product. My worry is I don't want izotope to fall into the Apple/Adobe/Avid trap of 'we MUST release a new version every year' quick release cycles resulting in less polished and buggier products each iteration. Hopefully that's not the case though. And hopefully the upgrade pricing is proportionate to the shorter window between releases as well. We'll see next month I suppose.
im not sure thats worked out for avid.. doesn't take long for negative reports of the latest version to be leaked to the internet. probably half of the Pro Tools customer base is still on 10 or lower.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBANGBUZZ View Post
There was no audio differences I could notice between RX2 and RX3 standard edition….. just a nice GUI.. so I didn't upgrade.. now version 4 they throw in the
the Dia Denoiser.. the upgrade is a no brainer… jumped straight on to the deal.
The best reason, IMO, for going with the upgrade to Advanced is that they throw in Insight, which is a really incredible meter plugin.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
The best reason, IMO, for going with the upgrade to Advanced is that they throw in Insight, which is a really incredible meter plugin.
I'm going to demo for the advanced for that, I've got a network TV doc on which I'm working on at home so ill be giving insight a crack.
I've only got the old Dolby Media Meter v1 on the home rig which is outdated.
Old 8th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBANGBUZZ View Post
I'm going to demo for the advanced for that, I've got a network TV doc on which I'm working on at home so ill be giving insight a crack.
I've only got the old Dolby Media Meter v1 on the home rig which is outdated.
The K20 meters are perfect for film and TV work and it is really convenient to be able to have the LKFS meter and a Spectrogram in the same window. I haven't really noticed any huge improvement on the other modules since R2, but I mostly just use Spectral Repair, DeCrackle and DeClick. The DeReverb module is okay for some things, but it kind of feels like a Cedar or gate. I haven't tried the Time/Pitch Module yet, but I'm interested in whether is can replace Pitch 'n Time Pro.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your ears and EQ3? Honestly I think that's all that's needed.
That's what I use but I am always interested in a better way.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm not sure what the 'roundtripping' will add that I don't already have, except for Spectral Repair. That's the only tool I have to run standalone. Everything else just runs real time or is rendered, if need be.
The EQ match might be fun. Clip gain? Ho-hum... I've had that for years...
However, if they have tweaked the dialog denoiser and other goto tools, then yes, I'll jump for it.
This might be an implementation of what Joe Hammer demonstrated to me and my colleagues at Broadcast Asia. Select your clip and send to RX, the full standalone RX then opens up as if it were a normal plugin.

Using the ASIO bridge you can monitor what you're doing without changing monitor sources, hopefully the playback from the plugin will be like using Preview on clip plugins!

It also remembers what you've done, so if you want to re-tweak your rendered clip, you can open up the original again and it will remember your settings.
Old 9th August 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoeding View Post
GAH!!!! I just bought RX3 a week ago!!!!!!!!!
Then you will get the free update.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search