The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RX4
Old 23rd May 2015
  #61
Gear Addict
 

RX4 Advanced delay when used in a track

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I upgraded to RX4 advanced and when I put declick on a track, it's out of sync. Late by 2 frames. In PT10 you had the choice of 3 ADC, with Max at around 16k and PT11 doesn't have this and assumed it adjusts. I didn't have delay issues on PT10 when I set ADC to max when using noise reductions on a track. I assume RX4 just uses WAY more than PT11 can handle?

I am running HDN on Mac 12core with 40G ram.
Anyone know of a work around? (Other than using audiosuite)
Old 23rd May 2015
  #62
Lives for gear
 
ggegan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Hope someone can shed some light on this.

I upgraded to RX4 advanced and when I put declick on a track, it's out of sync. Late by 2 frames. In PT10 you had the choice of 3 ADC, with Max at around 16k and PT11 doesn't have this and assumed it adjusts. I didn't have delay issues on PT10 when I set ADC to max when using noise reductions on a track. I assume RX4 just uses WAY more than PT11 can handle?

I am running HDN on Mac 12core with 40G ram.
Anyone know of a work around? (Other than using audiosuite)
Sorry I can't answer your question, I've never seen anyone use DeClick as a track plugin, only Audiosuite. Most people I know like to keep the processing isolated to a small area around where the click is in order to avoid unintended consequences. What is the advantage of using it as a track plugin?
Old 24th May 2015
  #63
Lives for gear
I've seen people use it as an insert. As a set-and-forget click remover, stops the mixer from stopping, loading the plugin, render etc for each time.
Old 24th May 2015
  #64
Gear Maniac
 
Jussi's Avatar
 

Mmh, dont see the point of using it as an insert. If the setting is too low it doesnt do much to be useful. It needs to be set high (8-10) to be effective - and then it will attack plosives too. I use it surgically, unless its for rain or similar constant noise.
Old 24th May 2015
  #65
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Mmh, dont see the point of using it as an insert. If the setting is too low it doesnt do much to be useful. It needs to be set high (8-10) to be effective - and then it will attack plosives too. I use it surgically, unless its for rain or similar constant noise.
8-10?
Wow thats hard core. I rarely have it set as high as 5, mostly at around 3 solves general clicks for me. and never as an insert either.
The only realtime plugin I use is the dialog denoiser.

Last edited by ErikG; 24th May 2015 at 06:14 PM..
Old 24th May 2015
  #66
Lives for gear
Myself I don't use it as an insert. 9 times out of 10 I find lower settings (or even the default setting) will get the job done, I find the discontinuity setting can really mangle stuff up if left unchecked.
Old 24th May 2015
  #67
Lives for gear
 

Same here, offline process and usually no higher than 4-5.
Old 24th May 2015
  #68
Gear Maniac
 
Jussi's Avatar
 

My defaul setting is 10. But I use 10 only as a surgical tool, selecting only the click. Anything less often wont remove the click properly. If it leaves a hole I fill that copying surrounding noise to it.

Im actually suprised you use such a low settings as nothing below 6 really does anything. I'm talking about general mouth clicks etc. here.
Old 24th May 2015
  #69
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
Sorry I can't answer your question, I've never seen anyone use DeClick as a track plugin, only Audiosuite. Most people I know like to keep the processing isolated to a small area around where the click is in order to avoid unintended consequences. What is the advantage of using it as a track plugin?


I thought all the RX4 would be out of sync used as an insert when I tried Declick and Decrackle, Apparently it's only those 2, the denoisers have no issues. There are just some scenes I am working on, that have a some pops or crackling in them that I've honed in on with the plugs and was just easier and advantageous to have it in a track with the plug on it, then to constantly use connect or render it all the time.
For anyone's reference, Declick is 2 frames late and Decrackle is 8 frames late.
And for some odd reason I was under the impression running a 12core (last mac before the trash can) with 40gigs on PT11 HDN would not have a latency issue...I was wrong.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump