The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Interactive mixing in Unity
Old 28th January 2014
Gear interested

Interactive mixing in Unity

Greetings folks,
I have been assigned on a project as sound designer. The project is an app, and I am supposed to create music and sound effects for the game. The app has been developed in Unity, so I would appreciate feedback from all of you who ever used this engine to mix and integrate sounds in interactive mode...... is it possible for someone who worked in sequencers for 20 years to hook up with Unity fast enough?
Old 29th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Unity uses a toned down version of FMod as it's sound engine. It's not a DAW by any stretch, even though it does have tracks, and a mixer. FMOD only implements the sound (albeit in some very cool and creative ways that you've probably never thought about), but you'll still need to create raw audio files. I would start by YouTubing some tutorials on Fmod and downloading the program (the program itself is free). It's a completely different mentality then static audio design.
Old 30th January 2014
Gear interested

Thanks for your input, you helped me out a bunch. There is more than enough tutorials to start with and understand the basics. The main thing is - I have already created both music and sound, but I want to see how it behaves in interactive mode.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search