The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best .mov/mp4 converter DAW Software
Old 23rd May 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucelar View Post
Ok, here it goes..
1. Open Automator, it will show some templates, you must chose the "Service" one.
2. On the newly created Service, you must select "Service receives selected : Files or Folders"
3. Then you must drag the Action called "Run Applescript" from the left list to the right area
4. inside the "Run Applescript" action, you paste the actual script. (see below)
5. You save the Service with a meaningful name, something like "ffmpeg_lowres_H264", then it is available when you right-click a file

So the actual Applescript template I use is:

Code:
on run {input, parameters}
	tell application "Terminal"
		activate
		set filesString to ""
		repeat with file_ in input
			set filesString to filesString & " " & quoted form of (POSIX path of file_)
		end repeat
		do script "for f in" & filesString & "; do
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i \"$f\" -ac 2 -s 640x360 -pix_fmt yuv420p \"${f%.*}_lowres.mp4\"
done"
	end tell
	return input
end run
The functional bit is the line that starts with /usr/local/bin/...
That's the specific ffmpeg command, in this case it creates a very small mp4 file. the $f thing is the variable for the filename.
If the source file is called Film.mov, it will create a file named "Film_lowres.mp4" in the same folder.

It also works when selecting multiple files, it will do the same conversion in a batch.

Let me know if you have a specific conversion type, I could try to give you the ffmpeg command
Very nice nuclear, thanks a lot !
As I am at my studio tomorrow I'll test it. Thanks again.
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Head

Hi nuclear,
I installed ffmpeg via Homebrew and make a test with your code on Automator. It works like a charm, it's very useful !
Indeed I need another conversion type : DNxHD 36
If you can give me the code it will help me. I tried to found it on the web, but I am not sure what to do…
And the best would be a new file created and named for example "Film_DNxHD_36.mov". As you did in your code, in the same folder.
Thanks !
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannL View Post
Hi nuclear,
I installed ffmpeg via Homebrew and make a test with your code on Automator. It works like a charm, it's very useful !
It's very practical, isn't it?

Here's the code for DNxHD 36.
It's worth to learn a bit about ffmpeg, you will quickly be doing your own commands, everything can be done!
Code:
		activate
		set filesString to ""
		end repeat
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i \"$f\" -vf scale=1920:1080 -pix_fmt yuv422p -c:v dnxhd -b:v 36M -c:a pcm_s24le -ar 48000 \"${f%.*}_DNxHD_36.mov\"
done"
	end tell
	return input
end run
Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Can ffmpeg burn in time code?
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Head

You make my day, thanks a lot nuclear !!
I just did it in Automator. It's perfect, so practical and faster than others application I used.

I gonna try to learn more about ffmpeg (and too Automator), and with your codes it will be easier for me.

Thanks again.
Old 24th May 2018
Gear Head

Old 24th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucelar View Post
It's very practical, isn't it?

Here's the code for DNxHD 36.
It's worth to learn a bit about ffmpeg, you will quickly be doing your own commands, everything can be done!
Code:
		activate
		set filesString to ""
		end repeat
/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i \"$f\" -vf scale=1920:1080 -pix_fmt yuv422p -c:v dnxhd -b:v 36M -c:a pcm_s24le -ar 48000 \"${f%.*}_DNxHD_36.mov\"
done"
	end tell
	return input
end run

thanks for sharing, this is a nice workflow!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hello nuclear,
this is really nice workflow, but on my system it moves audio 1f forward and the picture is 1f longer. Can You please check this in ProTools 12 system?

This 1f unsync is getting me crazy.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shtepan View Post
Hello nuclear,
this is really nice workflow, but on my system it moves audio 1f forward and the picture is 1f longer. Can You please check this in ProTools 12 system?

This 1f unsync is getting me crazy.
The ffmpeg invocation is pretty airtight, have you confirmed that the movie you received doesn't have the same error?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
We switched to Edit Ready early this year. MPEG Streamclip is great, this better more up-to-date, faster. Let's you batch. VERY happy.

EditReady : Transcode Any Camera Source Without The Hassle
Somewhat obscure feature but you can batch with Streamclip. Edit → Batch List...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcapra View Post
Somewhat obscure feature but you can batch with Streamclip. Edit → Batch List...
Ah. But, Edit Ready is WAY faster. For Features, it cuts our conversion down by about an hour and a half.
Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search