The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Izotope Iris+7?
Old 22nd October 2013
Izotope Iris+7?

Looking into getting a good base set of general sound effects/samples to start off with. I was looking at Hollywood Edge HD Premiere Edition, but then I found Iris includes 4gb sample library including 7 sample libraries (wood, glass, food, etc.) in their Iris+7 for about $350 bucks.

Anyone have this? Would the Iris sample packs and factory library be a good start?

iZotope Iris | SOUND LIBRARIES
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctemAudio View Post
Looking into getting a good base set of general sound effects/samples to start off with. I was looking at Hollywood Edge HD Premiere Edition, but then I found Iris includes 4gb sample library including 7 sample libraries (wood, glass, food, etc.) in their Iris+7 for about $350 bucks.

Anyone have this? Would the Iris sample packs and factory library be a good start?

iZotope Iris | SOUND LIBRARIES
You do realize Iris is a synth? It uses samples as a base to generate completely new sounds, but those are hardly " general". It's a fun piece of software, I've used it succesfully to generate a "silent mode" for a helicopter drone.
For a start in everyday post work, go Hollywood Edge or DigiFX.
Old 22nd October 2013
Hmm I thought it was more of a sampler that you load samples into and change them up for sound design purposes. There's no way to use the sample library of sounds in a clean way? I mean, I'd do both! Clean and mess around for sound design.
Old 22nd October 2013
I guess it's a "sampling resynthesizer" by what they are calling it haha hmm it sounds awesome for sound design though, but I'm wondering if the sample library of basic sounds could be used alone as dry samples.
Old 22nd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctemAudio View Post
I guess it's a "sampling resynthesizer" by what they are calling it haha hmm it sounds awesome for sound design though, but I'm wondering if the sample library of basic sounds could be used alone as dry samples.
It probably could, but the samples are very rudimentary. You would really want to use a sample library like the Hollywood Edge, Sound Ideas, or any of the hundreds of amazing indie libraries out there, vs. the sample library designed to be loaded into a plugin to be altered and mangled.
Old 23rd October 2013
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks! Really trying to find a good library to start with for basics, I'm leaning towards the Hollywood Edge HD Premiere Edition that's $875.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search