The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mbox Pro 3 routing problem
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Mbox Pro 3 routing problem

Hey guys, I'm posting this up on behalf of a fellow sound designer as she's having some pretty major issues with her Mbox Pro 3 routing and I'm no expert on working with the Mbox but I'm sure plenty of you are.

Her Mbox Pro 3 is set up so that:
1 L
2 R
3 LS
4 RS
5 C
6 LFE

The Mbox control says all channels should be ok but what she's hearing is:
1 L
2 R
3 L
4 R
5 C/L
6 R

She's dismantled and re-wired everything and her drivers are up to date but it's still routing incorrectly. Anyone run into anything like this before?

The setup is fire wire to Mbox pro 3 to SPL surround monitor controller model 2489 to speakers.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

"5 C/L"?

Most likely an issue in your i/o setup. Check the output and bus page. Or post screenshots of those pages.
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Looks like it's setup for multiple stereo monitors. The mbox can act as a controller and switch in this case and the six outs become 3 stereo outputs in this case. Unchecking this option might solve the issue.
5 is weird though. Maybe a routing issue in the daw?
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

5 C/L - means that when it says channel 5 is playing I'm hearing audio from both the centre and front left speakers!

My PT set up wont show 5.1 option. And sound forge is set up 'Out 1' though 1 etc

Mbox set up by detoxfive17, on Flickr

IO set up by detoxfive17, on Flickr

Last edited by DetoxFive; 16th October 2013 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Pictures werent working
Old 16th October 2013
Are you running Pro Tools HD of any version or Pro Tools 9/10 with the Complete Production Toolkit?

If not, you won' t have surround available to you... that would explain why there are no surround paths showing up in the 'create new' dialogue.
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

*Facepalm*

Its not HD, looks like im going to have to have a word with IT (new job, new set up!)

Would this affect how it plays in sound forge?
Old 16th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetoxFive View Post
*Facepalm*

Its not HD, looks like im going to have to have a word with IT (new job, new set up!)

Would this affect how it plays in sound forge?
I don't know Sound Forge but if it supports surround then the Mbox should do it. The limitation is in the PT software, not the hardware.
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Thats what i'd thought. But sound forge wont play LFE, RS or LS,even though its showing signal coming through each of the correct channels
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search