The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Regarding frogs and top SFX libraries
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

Regarding frogs and top SFX libraries

Not sure this is the right place for Sound design/SFX, and it's kind of 2 questions:

(1) I need a fantastic, dry, closeup recording of a classic "ribbit" (from a pacific tree frog, occasionally misattributed to a bullfrog). The ones I'm finding in the usual libraries sound distorted, vintage and/or noisy.

(2) Whenever stuff like this comes up -- about 2x/year -- I always wonder where the pros go for premium sound effects from a searchable library. I go to Hollywood Edge, then pond5, soundsnap, and then i'm to the dregs. No more audiosparx or sounddogs to me.

Any tips very helpful, many thanks in advance!
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

thanks. they aren't as high quality as I was hoping though.

any thoughts re: the best sfx libraries out there?
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Maniac
Have you looked at the Animal Trax AT06 from Hollywood Edge and "Wild world of animals" from Sound Ideas?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Hello,

I might have a frog sound for you. I'll check my archives. I'm fairly sure I have one somewhere in my many 24/96 pond recordings.

-Frank The Recordist
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Thanks all. Frank, you look like a great resource should this come up again! Hopefully with a decent budget... you def. shouldn't give stuff like that away.

In case helpful to anyone else, Boom Library and Pro Sound Effects are two good resources.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search