The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Exponential Audio Announces New Surround Reverb Plug Ins
Old 14th October 2013
Lives for gear

Exponential Audio Announces New Surround Reverb Plug Ins

Exponential Audio is proud to announce a pair of new surround reverb plugins. PhoenixVerb Surround and R2 Surround are modeled on the popular PhoenixVerb and R2 plugins and support every popular format from mono to 7.1. Both are native plugins, and support AAX, AU, VST and RTAS on both Mac and Windows in 32 and 64-bit forms. PhoenixVerb Surround is a pure, natural reverb that subtly blends with any source material. R2 Surround is a more active character reverb that makes any track stand out.

Both reverbs feature a brand-new early reflection section which allows source material to be placed with tremendous flexibility. Whether the mixer needs a wide, natural distribution for scoring or a tight, well-placed position for foley, it's easy to get the necessary result. This is followed by the reverberator itself, with its own rich set of controls. Each plugin has hundreds of well-organized presets, with many more to follow. There are halls, rooms, exteriors, plates, futzes and more. The engineer can easily mark any of these as a favorite, making quick work of finding just what's needed for the mix. Preset review is quick, with smooth and quiet parameter changes. Both plugins integrate with Avid® and Euphonix® consoles by means of EUCON®.

PhoenixVerb Surround and R2 Surround are the result of two decades of reverb design by Michael Carnes, designer of reverbs used around the world. They have undergone extensive review with many of the leading audio post engineers in the business and are already in production work. PhoenixVerb Surround will sell for $359 and R2 Surround for $459. There will be a bundle price for the pair. Release is expected before the end of November, 2013. More information is available now at Exponential Audio.

Exponential Audio is a private company located in Salt Lake City, Utah.

========================================
I've been sitting on the sidelines waiting for Michael to announce these two reverbs.
First, They sound amazing! Second Michael and his support is outstanding.
I had over 40 Re-Recording Mixers, Sound Supervisors, Sound Designers and Scoring Mixers here at "The Dub Stage" for a demo and everyone was blown away by these two Surround verbs. They are 7.1, 5.1 and more. Can't speak highly enough about them. They are rock solid and I use them everyday on every project.
They are my go to verbs.
They are:
Mono
Stereo
LCR
LCRS
Quad
SDDS
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Woho. Marti, do they automate well too ?

In that case, the reverb grail would have appeared to have arrived. Gosh, algorithmic Lexicon+ grade surround reverb without a 960 .
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

They automate well, sound amazing. Michael really supports his product and I am happy to do business with him. He took a room full of talented Post Mixers, Supervisors, Designers and Scoring Mixers and listened to their input and responses and applied many of their requests into these two fine Surround Reverbs. I am a HUGE FAN!! Demo them when he releases both Phoenix and R2 in Surround. Then let me know what you think.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

I was there at the Dubstage, and everything marti says in right.
Unbelievably stunning and real sounding reverbs.
Worth every penny and more.
Will be picking them up as soon as a pay off my dogs vet bill.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Marti
How realistic do the spaces sound?
As I love the lexicon 960 sound for music, I guess they are a obvious must-buy for my next score mix job.

For dialog and foley as general realistic room reverbs?
Do they really replace a good sized IR library?
Is it as easy to find suitable presets fast that only may need a minor tweak to work?

For fx, I'm sure they work well, I generally prefer algorithmic reverbs to IRs there myself.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

They sound amazingly realistic. And will sound amazing for dialog and foley.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Head
I have been testing these and concur with Marti (DrSound ).
I was listening to a Led Zep track in the "bedroom" preset and it was so uncanny my jaw hit the floor

Heartily recommended. My new go to verbs - sorry revibe!
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

If you had to choose only one of the two for bread and butter post work, which would it be?

Randall
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

What's the difference between the two reverbs?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman View Post
They sound amazingly realistic. And will sound amazing for dialog and foley.
More than Altiverb? I don't care reverbs to sound amazing, I just want them to sound right for the purpose. :D
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
More than Altiverb? I don't care reverbs to sound amazing, I just want them to sound right for the purpose. :D
Get the demo.
Try them out.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattiasnyc View Post
What's the difference between the two reverbs?
Basically they're extensions of the stereo versions. R2 Surround has modulation in the tail (subtle or extreme--up to you). It's not exactly the same as that 'L' company I used to work for, but the tails can be pretty tasty. PhoenixVerb Surround has the primary goal of natural-ness. You shouldn't notice it's even there until you take it away. That's a description of the reverbs in a "typical" reverb application. Both also have lots of rooms, futzes and exteriors that you'd need for ADR and foley.

R2 Surround also has a gate that can be used in a number of ways.

http://exponentialaudio.com/Surround/SurroundFAQ.pdf
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
The Phoenix sounds far more natural on orchestra than altiverb, particularly when the recording is done in a real hall.
I have not tried the R2 yet as the phoenix worked off the bat
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear

Just wanted to bump these Surround Reverbs to the top.
Please download the Surround Demos that are now available and check them out.

http://exponentialaudio.com/Surround/Surround.php

I really think they are special and I look forward to your comments.
For me, I like Phoenix Surround better for Dialog, ADR, Foley and FX.
Those who look for a great Music Surround verb should audition both the Phoenix
Surround and the R2 Surround.
Old 29th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post

PhoenixVerb Surround from Exponential Audio

Based on your recommendation I just picked up the Phoenix. Wow, what an amazing sounding verb!
Old 30th November 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.sound View Post

PhoenixVerb Surround from Exponential Audio

I demoed the stereo and the surround, and pick up the surround for the sake of simplicity (and the blackfriday discount). My opinion is that it blends so well with the original sound, retaining all the "tonal color" of the original sounds, that we listen to a sound reverberating and not to a sound and some reverberation. For me it really stand outs of the competition.

I`m wating for months, years, to TC Electronics to allow us, simple mortals, in the native part of the DAW`s World, to be abble to use their VSS3 or something… So I guess that now this waiting is over...

I recomend it.
Old 2nd April 2014
Revibe

How does it compare to ReVibe?
Old 2nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricmoose View Post
How does it compare to ReVibe?
Go to Exponential's website and download a demo.
You get 30 days. You choose which one you like.
Can't say enough good things about Michaels support.
As for which is better Revibe or Exponential, I have both
but seem to use Exponential more. If you can afford both
then do it.
Old 2nd April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
I've tested the demo. Great work, easy to use.
Old 19th April 2014
Gear Addict

I don`t know what DAW and computer... are you guys using, but maybe you would like to know that in a macpro 2008, runnning PT HD 11, with a HD NATIVE card, wth sessions with up to 250 tracks, I have being able to have up to 15 instances of phonenix reverb (maybe more), mixing various channel formats, like mono, stereo, 5.1... And not only reverbs, but also, one eq and compresor per channel, some delays, sub harmonic synts, limters, etc...

Pretty much versatile and cpu ligth plug-in.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search