The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pan problem while using Altiverb
Old 12th October 2013
  #1
Gear Maniac
 

Pan problem while using Altiverb

I'm Protools user.I insert a stereo send on my DX track, and send it to Verb Aux with insert of Altiverb. However, I find out that the meter shows that 'R' of the Verb Aux is always a bit higher than 'L'. When I inactive Altiverb, L & R will be balance again.
Is it something wrong with my setting of Altiverb?
Old 13th October 2013
  #2
Could be that some of the stereo IRs have a stronger L channel than R, or vice versa.
Or is it like this on all IRs?

Last edited by Willeyh; 14th October 2013 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: could, not couple.. DYAC.
Old 13th October 2013
  #3
Lives for gear
 
eoats's Avatar
Not sure if this is it but you might check if your Send's pan is set to follow the Main Pan or if its controlled separately.

Note how the "FMP" (Follow Main Pan) selector greys out the pan on the send.
Attached Thumbnails
Pan problem while using Altiverb-sends-pan-follows-main-pan.png   Pan problem while using Altiverb-send-pan-its-own.png  
Old 13th October 2013
  #4
Gear Head
 
BadCat Media Grp's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeyh View Post
Couple be that some of the stereo IRs have a stronger L channel than R, or vice versa.
Or is it like this on all IRs?
That's what I'm thinking too..

But, if it really bothers you, and a stereo vrb on your DX is specifically what your looking for, you could always throw a multi mono trim plug right underneath and unlink the channels by clicking the "sideways 8" symbol, then adjust the gain of L/R channels to match better.

Or u could mono sum the panning on the aux return as well.. (If that's what you need)

Regards,
Marcus
Old 14th October 2013
  #5
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeyh View Post
Couple be that some of the stereo IRs have a stronger L channel than R, or vice versa.
Or is it like this on all IRs?
Really?
But it seems that I have the same problem with all the IRs.
Also, some IRs have different lenght of tail.
I mean I have set the tail from the main control,
but in some cases, especially IRs like church, my dialogue sounds like suddenly 'chop off'.
Old 14th October 2013
  #6
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoats View Post
Not sure if this is it but you might check if your Send's pan is set to follow the Main Pan or if its controlled separately.

Note how the "FMP" (Follow Main Pan) selector greys out the pan on the send.
Thanks for the reply!

'FMP' is not selected.
Old 14th October 2013
  #7
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadCat Media Grp View Post
That's what I'm thinking too..

But, if it really bothers you, and a stereo vrb on your DX is specifically what your looking for, you could always throw a multi mono trim plug right underneath and unlink the channels by clicking the "sideways 8" symbol, then adjust the gain of L/R channels to match better.

Or u could mono sum the panning on the aux return as well.. (If that's what you need)

Regards,
Marcus
By inserting a trim may be a solution.
THX!
Old 14th October 2013
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei_siuip View Post
Thanks for the reply!

'FMP' is not selected.
Which is why your send pan might be off compared to the main pan. Turn FMP on and check what happens.
Old 15th October 2013
  #9
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-q View Post
Which is why your send pan might be off compared to the main pan. Turn FMP on and check what happens.
I turn it on, but the result is the same
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump