The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TV Broadcast Sound Specifications in European Countries
Old 25th September 2013
NORWAY Update:
TV3 (Viasat) changed from -12 to -10 dBFS. (Not True Peak)

From spec sheet:
Audio Level, Reference Level and Measurement
Programme audio levels shall always be measured by Peak Programme Meters (PPM) to BS 5428.

The Maximum or Peak Programme Level shall never exceed 8dBs above the programme’s Reference Level.

Digital Audio Reference level is defined as 18dB below the maximum coding value
(-18dBFS) as per EBU recommended practice R68.

Mono Line-up Tone shall be at a frequency of 1kHz +/- 100Hz and represent 8dB less than the maximum allowable peak.

For stereo sources, Stereo Line-up Tone shall be provided at a frequency of 1kHz +/- 100Hz and shall indicate the left and right programme legs: namely, EBU/ITC Stereo Tone at -8dB (PPM 4 / Zero Level) with only the left leg identified by breaks.
Old 25th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doktoraudio View Post
Here's part of what I have gathered so far, maybe it already helps some of you guys. Please correct me if I'm wrong or add a country that you know of. It's going to be much appreciated!

AUSTRIA
R128 in place with -23LUFS, true peak not exceeding -3dBFS on all national networks such as ORF, ATV, PULS4, SERVUSTV;
for any material longer than 2 minutes (e.g. shows, documentary) loudness range must not be greater than 15LU (in stereo) or 20LU (in 5.1).

local (province) stations may vary, so far I know that TIROLTV is still at 0dbFS.
ServusTV is all -23LUFS, TP not exceeding -1, no LRA that I know of, and I'm mixing shows for ServusTV all day long for the last weeks.
Old 22nd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
ServusTV is all -23LUFS, TP not exceeding -1, no LRA that I know of, and I'm mixing shows for ServusTV all day long for the last weeks.
interesting. please tell me when you actually have a show with LRA exceeding 20LU and being accepted by Servus TV.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
interesting. please tell me when you actually have a show with LRA exceeding 20LU and being accepted by Servus TV.
Never mixed anything with an LRA even close to that for ServusTV. I freelance for the company setting all the standards for ServusTV though, and there was never any LRA mentioned.

I had stuff peaking above -3dBTP though and that was never rejected.
Old 22nd October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
Never mixed anything with an LRA even close to that for ServusTV. I freelance for the company setting all the standards for ServusTV though, and there was never any LRA mentioned. I had stuff peaking above -3dBTP though and that was never rejected.
did they mention short term loudness, then?
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
did they mention short term loudness, then?
No. As I said, -23LUFS and -1dBTP. Nothing else.
Old 2nd July 2020
Here for the gear

Hi guys, a lot has changed since 2013 - shall we work up a new list?
Old 2nd July 2020
Lives for gear

https://www.rtw.com/en/blog/worldwid...standards.html

This is a good start and pretty current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
Hi guys, a lot has changed since 2013 - shall we work up a new list?
Old 2nd July 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadraphonics View Post
https://www.rtw.com/en/blog/worldwid...standards.html

This is a good start and pretty current
Awesome - thanks! As far as you know is it only UK broadcast that requires 6 frames mute top and tail?

Thanks
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear