Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Does AAF work in Vegas 12?
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear

Does AAF work in Vegas 12?

I'm speaking to a potential client who edited their film in Vegas 12. I understand AAF export work in this release. Has anyone worked with one of them or have any advice how to proceed? I've asked for a test AAF to see how it imports to Pro Tools.
Old 12th March 2013
Lives for gear
I can confirm that it worked in Vegas v10, so I don't see why it shouldn't work in v12. However Pro Tools would not accept the AAF directly, I had to open it in Nuendo and re-export as either OMF or AAF. Which then opened instantly!
Maybe things have changed in Vegas 12.

Best of luck!
Old 12th March 2013
Gear Head

I have never managed to get AAF files exported from Vegas to open in ProTools. however going from ProTools to Vegas seems to work fine I am currently using version 10 of Vegas. I don't have nuendo so I've not tried using an intermediate stage to get from Vegas to ProTools. You could try SSL pro convert. good luck!

Last edited by atomsound; 12th March 2013 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: random words that made no sense
Old 13th March 2013
Gear maniac

We have a saying here. What goes into Vegas stays in Vegas. The only way I have had success is through a third party AAF translator like SSL pro Convert. But there were some issues with some the timings etc...

Hope you have some success.

Old 13th March 2013
Lives for gear

AA Translator?

Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search